>

> A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use

and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain

for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He

threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just

so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I

need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and

pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to

the gym and work out and get some aggression out!

> Stacie

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

Sedative medication would be great but for a long term answer I would really recomend getting an autism dog. They can help calm the child and down and help him from not hurting himself or others. Most of the time they will lay all 100 pounds on top of them and lick their face and do something to distract them from their anger.

Check out wildernessdogs.com

Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AM

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

I agree Stacie....I think is a prime candidate for an Autism dog...praying that your husband softens in this area and sees the need for ...

blessings,

e

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AM

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

I don't know where you live. But there are many autism dog training centers around I would take your husband to go visit one. But I strongly suggest wilderness dogs because they are only one of the few that specialize just in Developmental delays. Many other centers just train the dogs for a few weeks of months after they are certified as a seeing eye dog etc. These dogs are trained from the get go with your childs issues in mind at the beginning. They customize the dog to your child. They are also have 75 % cheaper then other dogs. Since they have a low cost to begin with and a 50% scholarship for everyone.

Holly

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AM

I know and I could just cry! I really believe this is so true but I know Jim will never ever agree to it! It is really to bad!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:02:48 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication I agree Stacie....I think is a prime candidate for an Autism dog...praying that your husband softens in this area and sees the need for ... blessings,eFrom: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

I so want to get one but my husband is so anti dog/anti pet and he has already said noway even for ! I am going to show him this post though and es! What breed are Autism dogs usually or does it just depend?StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:25:25 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication Sedative medication would be great but for a long term answer I would really recomend getting an autism dog. They can help calm the child and down and help him from not hurting himself or others. Most of the time they will lay all 100 pounds on top of them and lick their face and do something to distract them from their anger. Check out wildernessdogs.comFrom: stacie <hawkie6aol>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

No he is actually on that now and we are weaning him off of it!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:30:34 -0000To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication I think that you are thinking of the drug Resperidol. Good luck I hope today gets better for you. I found that my ipod can give me some relief in screaming fits of rage. > > A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out! > Stacie > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T >

Thanks Holly! I will look into it and tell Jim but I know what he will say!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:09:13 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication I don't know where you live. But there are many autism dog training centers around I would take your husband to go visit one. But I strongly suggest wilderness dogs because they are only one of the few that specialize just in Developmental delays. Many other centers just train the dogs for a few weeks of months after they are certified as a seeing eye dog etc. These dogs are trained from the get go with your childs issues in mind at the beginning. They customize the dog to your child. They are also have 75 % cheaper then other dogs. Since they have a low cost to begin with and a 50% scholarship for everyone.HollyFrom: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

They are based on the need of your child. Right now at wilderwood they have labs, retrievers, giant poodle mix and a few others. giant poodle mix is great because they don't shed! but I believe they are more difficult to train. It really depends at what gets donated. You might beable to purchase a dog and then have them train it, if you want a certain breed. They just have to be large to handle the child.

autism service dogs are like medical equipment. I hate to be rude to your husband but I would ask him if he would deny a wheelchair, or a breathing machine if he needed one. But he is denying your son of the medical "equipment" that he needs to survive. The dog would not even be home during the day it would go to school with .

Service dogs do not misbehave. They don't go to the potty in the house or beg at the table, or beg to be petted, they don't bark unless to warn you. It is like another set of hands that never gives up. Autistic children have such a conection with animals they can connect deeper then they can with humans. Dogs are always consistant where as humans never are. That is why austistic children love animals and computers there reactions and communication are always the same. Dogs never get upset or tired at the child.

Holly

Yep you are so right!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:29:03 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication They are based on the need of your child. Right now at wilderwood they have labs, retrievers, giant poodle mix and a few others. giant poodle mix is great because they don't shed! but I believe they are more difficult to train. It really depends at what gets donated. You might beable to purchase a dog and then have them train it, if you want a certain breed. They just have to be large to handle the child.autism service dogs are like medical equipment. I hate to be rude to your husband but I would ask him if he would deny a wheelchair, or a breathing machine if he needed one. But he is denying your son of the medical "equipment" that he needs to survive. The dog would not even be home during the day it would go to school with . Service dogs do not misbehave. They don't go to the potty in the house or beg at the table, or beg to be petted, they don't bark unless to warn you. It is like another set of hands that never gives up. Autistic children have such a conection with animals they can connect deeper then they can with humans. Dogs are always consistant where as humans never are. That is why austistic children love animals and computers there reactions and communication are always the same. Dogs never get upset or tired at the child.HollyFrom: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T