RemedySpot.com

Re: Bartonella

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kari:

This is the way it was explained to me. Pretty much everyone has Staph on their skin, but sometimes it mutates into this form that is antibiotic resistant. This form is still not a problem unless it gets into an open cut and causes an infection. then one gets a staph infection. If this staph happens to be of the mutated form, either spontaneously developed on you or transferred to you from someone else or something else (staph can live on clothes, etc. for quite a while), then you have big problems. You should know right away if you have a flesh-eating staph infection because it kills flesh at an alarmingly quick rate. In hours you will have dead tissue, by the next day, you might have a large portion of your body full of dead skin and muscle. Thus, its dangerous because of how quick it kills tissue. But not all flesh-eating staph is antibiotic resistant, nor is all antibiotic-resistant staph, flesh eating. Thus, once again, we have numerous possible situations. I hope I am not talking scarey again. My babysitter had the flesh-eating staph. She also has diabetes, so this is why she got the infection. She picked it up at a continuing education class for childcare workers. How ironic. Hers did respond to antibiotics, but she had to have muscle and skin removed, and a blood transfusion. My children, who were very young at the time, did not develop any infections. My point here was not to talk scarey, but to say that my children did not catch this scarey infection, even though she changed their diapers, etc. Basically, staph in most cases will not harm, but can cause infections in vulnerable conditions like open sores. And rarer still are antibiotic resistant or flesh-eating forms. Cleaning as much as possible where you think it could be growing, may be helpful, and definitely look into treating any scratches or cuts with something to kill bacteria just in case they have this on their skin. But actually, we come into contact with people daily who are staph carriers.

Love and prayers,

Heidi N

My nephew was just diagnosed with cats scratch today and a staph infection. He is four and has been gioven a 10 presription for Septra and 5 days of zithro. I along with my 3 children have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme. I would bet everything I own that all three of my sister's kids and her have Lyme disease as well but she will not be convinced. We both grew up in Wisconsin and Arkansas and have history of tick bites. I of course have done so much research on these infection and DO NOT think that a short course of antibiotics is going to fix this. I have alot of concerns with their health but she will not listen to anything I say about it. Another concern of mine is the fact that my newphew has recently spent tie with us with this staph infection. Is it possable for my kids to get that? They have been on antibiotics now for a little over a year. I hear things about super bugs and how it can be antibiotic resistent anyone have any info. on this. It is my undrstanding that it can take 7-10 days for things to "set" in. My 10 year old is going to be having a port placed on Dec. 16th and now with all this stuff going on I'm a little worried. My kids were at my sisters house Sun. night as well. Any information would be helpful.KariMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.