RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Magnesium/ mineral supplementation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Borrelia loves magnesium and severely depletes the host body of magnesium. For this very reason, Dr. K among other Lyme doctors recommends to give lots of magnesium to Lyme patients. On the other hand, magnesium calcium, and iron all three are the main minerals that are trapped in and constitute to bacterial biofilm matrix.

I feel whether or not to supplement with these minerals should not based upon theories; rather it should be reviewed case by case based upon individuals' nutritional needs and mineral status.

As I regularly chelate my son, I cannot imagine not supplementing him with magnesium, knowing that Lyme depletes him of magnesium, and chlelation agents drag magnesium out of him. I also supplement with calcium. As lead and cadmium come out, the body storage of calcium rapidly drops.

I am not supplementing my son with iron. But if I were to treat my son's Babesia with Artemisimin, I would consider supplementing iron.

Limin

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 06:58

To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

Subject: Re: Magnesium

Hi Darci;

I saw a presentation at Autism One in May by DU (of biofilm protocol). She also suggested to stay away from magnesium (and iron of course) as she said some forms of bacteria feed off it and become more virulent. Perhaps your DM is following this line of thinking?

I don't know, I still give magnesium and calcium in a 2:1 ratio...

HTH,

Kim