RemedySpot.com

Re: Handicapped Placard

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Check with the DMV's of the States you'll be visiting. Some states

will grant you a temporary permit for their state while traveling.

Since you'll be in a rented car, still carry your original placard;

then if any states send you temporary ones, use that while visiting.

Get this all organized before you start your travel.

~ Gretchen

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth.. when I got mine (here in CA) - the doctors office filled out the form and I sent it in.. I seem to recall the phrase *complications from severe scoliosis & DDD* Ken.Carol <dcvaughan@...> wrote: Bonnie and (and others): I do know that CA gives people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome handicapped placards--if they apply for it, of course. I have a relative who is disabled (receiving permanent disability) with this, and she has a handicapped placard. I don't know

any details, but she does have one. I guess I'll have to look up the "qualifications" for a permanent placard here in CA. I'm sure I did at the time I got one, but don't remember. I don't remember them saying anything about "200 ft" or anything like that. I had to state on the application at the DMV what was wrong with me, and I tried to put everything on there that I could. I put scoliosis, Deg. disc dis., etc. I do know that when the doctor (that I only saw once) said he'd give me a permanent one, I was happy. That was over a year and a half ago. I don't know how far I could walk, but I do know that it sure didn't seem far with all the back pain I had with the DDD, etc. Now, after the revision surgery I do feel I can walk a little farther, again, don't know how far....it just used to GALL me hearing some people have "disabilities" when they came into the welfare office to see me. (I worked there)I used to

think--"Gee, I think I have more of a disability than they do!" Some got them for their bipolar disorders!! Life is not fair, but just having the placard is a peace of mind for me. If I don't feel like I can walk very far that day, I'll use it and park in a han. space. Other times I don't have to use it, either. Alot of times, I can't find a handicapped spot available anyway. I wonder sometimes how many of these people really have handicaps, or just borrow someones placard. The fines for using a placard illegally in CA start at $300 and go up to $3,000.Carol

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.