Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Najeeb Kazmi,

I wasn't sure which name you go by. I would love to talk about our experiences

with this health care system and our sons. My son is on 20mg Celexa and 0.5mg

of Risperdal. I think he needs more SSRI but his doctor doesn't agree. He says

based on his weight, he can't give him anymore. I do see a big difference in

him on it vs. off but not enough to help him deal with things.

The only real help I am getting is from Aisling Discoveries Child and Family

Centre funded by the United Way. There are different groups in each area that

provide treatment of different types for children and their families in the GTA.

I am sure there would be one near you.

We see a social worker there who is providing behaviour modification therapy for

his anxiety. It is sort of similar to CBT and she would argue it is the same

but based on what Kathy R. has described, I disagree. We try to get him to

change a poor anxiety coping mechanism of his by offering incentives and

rewards. From what I have read here, I would think that I should buy some

sticky tac and leave it out but tell him not to touch it. Staying with him and

supporting him and then rewarding him after. She said that is too cruel, that I

should instead offer to reward him with sticky tac that must stay at home for

each day he doesn't lie or steal. I don't really know much about this so I

don't know which is the right way to go.

I was thinking of buying Dr. Chamsky's book and trying it myself. I really

don't know what else to do. He is so anxious right now because not only does he

have all this anxiety and perfectionism and hoarding to deal with, but he also

has poor fine motor control (I don't know if this is the same as dysgraphia or

not) and poor bilateral coordination (in other words, the two sides of his body

can't do different things). So he can't tie his shoelaces and get them to stay

done up, he can't keep up with printing, etc. etc. He is going to start OT

tomorrow but they aren't letting up on the printing expectations at school. Why

should he have to print for 2 straight hours to make a good copy of a 3/4 page

story that everyone else wrote in 15 minutes and theirs were all longer?

I agree that the long term solution isn't medication as he will be right where

he is now or worse if I rely on medication to make everything go away. And I

worry (yes I know that doesn't help his anxiety but how do I not?) that he will

end up like his father, bipolar, OCD and in denial.

---------------------------------

Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals

• 4 years later...

Try cutting the Clonidine to .05. At 0.1mg is probably too much for him. It affected Karac the same way until we cut it back. Pat K

Ok my name is Lindy

I have a son that is 5 years old and was doing great in school but an on respodone and we just rencently went to real stuff and not the generaic. He was doing really well with the generaic but we wearn't able to pay for it and every month. So we started getting from another pharmacy. Well they had the real respodal when we started giving that he started acting different they can't get him to do his work or any thing that he needs to do in class. So we took him off it and know he is taking 0.1 MG of Clonidine. But today was about the same except he started crying all of sudden and then had to take him out of the classroom. They said they can't get him to do his work or anything. He has aggrestion problems and with his austim its just hard to figure out what to do. So Ladies if there is mediction that is working for you kids let me know so i can suggest it to doctor. I need know whats best for him so he can learn and stay in school. New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Welcome Lindy,

Have you tried gfcf diet yet? Have you talked to a DAN Dr. yet?

Medications work for some kids. Remember too, they need to be on

a Rx for a period of time till the full effect is working. Taking off one and

starting another then taking off (you don't know what is working & what is not).

For ex. the diet. Try taking milk prod. away first do not go 100% gfcf at once.

Refrain from red dyes and use Stevia instead of Sugar. They won;t know the difference.

go to gfcfdiet.com A good vitamin is Super Nu-Thera check out

generationrescue.org.

yoda

Subject: Re: Need HelpTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:17 PM

Try cutting the Clonidine to .05. At 0.1mg is probably too much for him. It affected Karac the same way until we cut it back. Pat K

In a message dated 10/13/2008 12:52:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sun_flower_1587@ yahoo.com writes:

Ok my name is Lindy

I have a son that is 5 years old and was doing great in school but an on respodone and we just rencently went to real stuff and not the generaic. He was doing really well with the generaic but we wearn't able to pay for it and every month. So we started getting from another pharmacy. Well they had the real respodal when we started giving that he started acting different they can't get him to do his work or any thing that he needs to do in class. So we took him off it and know he is taking 0.1 MG of Clonidine. But today was about the same except he started crying all of sudden and then had to take him out of the classroom. They said they can't get him to do his work or anything. He has aggrestion problems and with his austim its just hard to figure out what to do. So Ladies if there is mediction that is working for you kids let me know so i can suggest it to doctor. I need know whats best

for him so he can learn and stay in school.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Hi Lindy. My son is 5 and he is on Depekote for his seizure disorder which is also a mood stablizer whcich we have not seen much change in with that. He was on the lowest dose of risperdal, the generic of it and only took a half tablet. Well, his aggression is bad and so the dr increased it too 1 tablet the lowest dose and soon he will be starting the liquid. Well anyhow, his teacher Miss Cole sent me a note home on Friday saying that he was non responsive with her when she was working with him and that he seemed more withdrawn and that I might want to ask the dr about that. So we will see. I hope it all works out for you.

Stacie

Ok my name is Lindy

I have a son that is 5 years old and was doing great in school but an on respodone and we just rencently went to real stuff and not the generaic. He was doing really well with the generaic but we wearn't able to pay for it and every month. So we started getting from another pharmacy. Well they had the real respodal when we started giving that he started acting different they can't get him to do his work or any thing that he needs to do in class. So we took him off it and know he is taking 0.1 MG of Clonidine. But today was about the same except he started crying all of sudden and then had to take him out of the classroom. They said they can't get him to do his work or anything. He has aggrestion problems and with his austim its just hard to figure out what to do. So Ladies if there is mediction that is working for you kids let me know so i can suggest it to doctor. I need know whats best for him so he can learn and stay in school. New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

My almost 7 year old son,JJ,has been on Seroquel for almost 4 years and has done great on it.There's been a minimum of side effects and the benefits have been great.

Tina Hicks

From: pkuenstleraol (DOT) com <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Need HelpTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:17 PM

In a message dated 10/13/2008 12:52:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sun_flower_1587@ yahoo.com writes:

Ok my name is Lindy

I have a son that is 5 years old and was doing great in school but an on respodone and we just rencently went to real stuff and not the generaic. He was doing really well with the generaic but we wearn't able to pay for it and every month. So we started getting from another pharmacy. Well they had the real respodal when we started giving that he started acting different they can't get him to do his work or any thing that he needs to do in class. So we took him off it and know he is taking 0.1 MG of Clonidine. But today was about the same except he started crying all of sudden and then had to take him out of the classroom. They said they can't get him to do his work or anything. He has aggrestion problems and with his austim its just hard to figure out what to do. So Ladies if there is mediction that is working for you kids let me know so i can suggest it to doctor. I need know whats best

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

You have to go with your heart. Try the Chlonidine .05.

Chlonidine does the adverse to some kids.

I would be very curious as to the childs chemical makeup.

The DAN Dr. can do the testing and tell you

what he or she has too much of or deficient of?

yoda

From: pkuenstleraol (DOT) com <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Need HelpTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, October 13, 2008, 12:17 PM

Ok my name is Lindy