RemedySpot.com

child pshy. question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI,

My 3 year old son 's behavior is constantly getting worse. He hits us all day long. Throws objects all the time. I am going to find a child psychiastrist (spelling) for him. Has anyone have experience with this type of doctor?

Janice

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12:00 AMSubject: Re: more physical

e, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself and me. It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me was four weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor seizures.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would continue doing what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing toward developing language? Pat K

In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to aggression. I never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good thing about knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I get blindsided.

He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his self injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me added pressure. We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him chewy food, and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing so make sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area...

Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him? Also is he banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and or doesn't care. I do try to give him appropriate places to "crash" --- I get his bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on people...

He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for everything.. .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as excitement, the feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad.

Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do the ABA therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on them, and also has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy.

Thanks, e

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.