RemedySpot.com

Our visit with Santa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't shared much in a while but I have been soooooo busy with school and life in general, I have been a bit overwhelmed. Just thought I'd share a joyful moment that we had last night. (Lord knows, life at Christmas time can be extra stressful for our kids!)

Anyway, last night Lizzy (4 years old and non-autistic) asked to go and see Santa at the local shopping mall. (I hadn't worried about taking them especially to see Santa as Santa had already been to both of their schools and given them gifts.) I asked (6 years old ASD & ADHD) if he would like to go and see Santa. He said "Yes, yes, yes!"

You can well imagine the shiver that ran down my spine at the thought of going to the mall on the 23rd of December! LOL I talked to my husband and we agreed that we would grin and bear what would probably be absolute chaos! We all got in the car and went to the mall. We found a parking space right away which was relatively close. We were expecting a huge crowd and a long line to see Santa. (I should mention that I had been at the mall earlier in the day finishing up some shopping and it was an absolute madhouse with a HUGE line to see Santa.)

Anyway, we walked into the mall and it was relatively quiet. We got to Santa's Grotto and there was NO ONE in line!!!! was unbelievably well behaved and seemed to really enjoy himself. Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he actually told him!!! said, "I want some more engines!" I was so happy I could have cried!!! :o) We also got the best picture of the two of them with Santa (which I will share as soon as I have scanned it.) Lizzy was completely overwhelmed and couldn't tell Santa what she wanted because for once in her life, she seemed unable to speak! LOL

I like to think that my mother-in-law is somewhere up there watching over us. I really miss her but I think she can still see us and probably had something to do with last night. ......................Oh my goodness! Now I KNOW she is watching over us! My husband just came in while I was typing this and says that HE really wants to cook the Christmas dinner tomorrow!! LOLOLOL

OK, well I've babbled on enough but just felt like sharing a bit of happiness with everyone. I know this is one group of people who can really appreciate those special moments when everything goes just like you wish it would, because a lot of the time it doesn't! :o)

Hugs and Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

Steph

Steph,

Thanks for the great story!! Its just so wonderful when things work out so much better then expected. This year gets the whole Santa thing as well. He asked if Santa could bring him 20 presents yesterday and then today he said he wants 25. No way is he getting that many but it is great to see his joy and excitement over Christmas. He has made us watch Polar Express every day since Sunday. Merry Merry Christmas, Kellie

Subject: Our visit with SantaTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 8:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't shared much in a while but I have been soooooo busy with school and life in general, I have been a bit overwhelmed. Just thought I'd share a joyful moment that we had last night. (Lord knows, life at Christmas time can be extra stressful for our kids!)

Anyway, last night Lizzy (4 years old and non-autistic) asked to go and see Santa at the local shopping mall. (I hadn't worried about taking them especially to see Santa as Santa had already been to both of their schools and given them gifts.) I asked (6 years old ASD & ADHD) if he would like to go and see Santa. He said "Yes, yes, yes!"

You can well imagine the shiver that ran down my spine at the thought of going to the mall on the 23rd of December! LOL I talked to my husband and we agreed that we would grin and bear what would probably be absolute chaos! We all got in the car and went to the mall. We found a parking space right away which was relatively close. We were expecting a huge crowd and a long line to see Santa. (I should mention that I had been at the mall earlier in the day finishing up some shopping and it was an absolute madhouse with a HUGE line to see Santa.)

Anyway, we walked into the mall and it was relatively quiet. We got to Santa's Grotto and there was NO ONE in line!!!! was unbelievably well behaved and seemed to really enjoy himself. Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he actually told him!!! said, "I want some more engines!" I was so happy I could have cried!!! :o) We also got the best picture of the two of them with Santa (which I will share as soon as I have scanned it.) Lizzy was completely overwhelmed and couldn't tell Santa what she wanted because for once in her life, she seemed unable to speak! LOL

I like to think that my mother-in-law is somewhere up there watching over us. I really miss her but I think she can still see us and probably had something to do with last night. ............ ......... .Oh my goodness! Now I KNOW she is watching over us! My husband just came in while I was typing this and says that HE really wants to cook the Christmas dinner tomorrow!! LOLOLOL

OK, well I've babbled on enough but just felt like sharing a bit of happiness with everyone. I know this is one group of people who can really appreciate those special moments when everything goes just like you wish it would, because a lot of the time it doesn't! :o)

Steph

You're welcome!! This is the first year that really gets what's going on as well. I was overwhelmed last week when he said, 'Santa's coming down the chimney!' Another moment I could have cried!! I'm so glad to see that other people's kids are getting it too!! I think this will be a great Christmas for a lot of us! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Hugs,

Steph

Our visit with SantaTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 8:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I like to think that my mother-in-law is somewhere up there watching over us. I really miss her but I think she can still see us and probably had something to do with last night. ............ ......... .Oh my goodness! Now I KNOW she is watching over us! My husband just came in while I was typing this and says that HE really wants to cook the Christmas dinner tomorrow!! LOLOLOL

Steph