RemedySpot.com

The Best Christmas ever!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Those are precious moments, and there will be plenty more. Karac and I just got back from a walk in which he put his arm around my shoulder as we walked and he put my arm behind his back. He says I love you every time he tells me goodbye. So far we have had a wonderful Christmas. I asked him if he like Christmas and he said, "I like family". He has been calm with no anxiety, agitation, or aggression since his parents have been in California. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage these days, but I knew God would provide. He always meets our needs; you can write it on the wall. You will learn that as you go on this journey. Love and blessings, Pat K

I'll be yelling it from the rooftops...I got a good eye contact moment last evening...a moment in which he's looking at me and feeling tenderness and love twards me --- he will say kiss, but it's almost to demading for him yet....we'll get there. He does ask for hugs, so that is totally cool....I promise to let you know---promise promise...

Blessings to all...

e

From: Steph <missbizzylizzygmail>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 9:39:54 AMSubject: Re: The Best Christmas ever!!!

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

Sara, with a mother like you; I know your sons will make great progress. You have been so generous and such a blessing not only to your boys but to the rest of us as well. Love and blessings, Pat K

----- Original Message ----- One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

After 7 years of " helping " open his presents while he spent most

of the morning just getting up and leaving and showing little

interest in whatever we were doing HE GOT IT ALL!!!

He saw the presents and said Mama Santa came! He went to the big

presents that had bows and read his name, got excited and played with

them. When we sat around the tree he came over to the tree and we

all took turns opening the wrapped presents. He even gave Daddy a

present because he hadn't opened one yet and said Daddys turn for a

present! We went to grandmas house and he actually said hi to some

of his cousins and stayed with everyone most of the time (he usually

goes into a spare room and plays alone most of the time). During the

day he went up to the 2 family members that he knows well-Grandma and

Aunt and hugged and kissed them at least 3 times during the

day. He has never given them any attention that was not asked for. He

was always willing to give them a hug and kiss if told to but he has

never shown affection to them on his own. It made both of them cry.

They love so much and have been trying for so long to connect

with him. He was finally able to show them how he feels about them.

The best gift ever for all of us. There were way to many little

things that happened yesterday to write about. IT WAS THE BEST

CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! Kellie

Hi Kellie,

I am so happy for you! We had a similar experience yesterday (well for the

last three days actually LOL) in that really GOT the whole Christmas

thing. I was in tears because I was so happy. I did share our Santa visit

with the group but wasn't sure about writing in about the fantastic

Christmas Day that we had since I know it isn't always a happy experience

for everyone. Lord knows, I feel like we earned this year! :o)

's behavior has been so 'off' for the last three or four months that

we have almost felt like we lost our little boy somewhere along the way. But

the last three days we have seen his personality (soooooo sweet, giggly and

happy) re-emerge. Thank God for small miracles! Well, this one wasn't really

a small miracle for us. It was a big one!!!!

I even got a big kiss from yesterday and this was a special treat

for me and nearly had me in tears of joy again! Not to be forgotten, Lizzy

had a fantastic time as well and overall it was the best day we have had in

a long time.

I am so glad to see that someone else had a great Christmas too. Here's

hoping that there are many more to come.

Hugs,

Steph

The Best Christmas ever!!!

> After 7 years of " helping " open his presents while he spent most

> of the morning just getting up and leaving and showing little

> interest in whatever we were doing HE GOT IT ALL!!!

>

> He saw the presents and said Mama Santa came! He went to the big

> presents that had bows and read his name, got excited and played with

> them. When we sat around the tree he came over to the tree and we

> all took turns opening the wrapped presents. He even gave Daddy a

> present because he hadn't opened one yet and said Daddys turn for a

> present! We went to grandmas house and he actually said hi to some

> of his cousins and stayed with everyone most of the time (he usually

> goes into a spare room and plays alone most of the time). During the

> day he went up to the 2 family members that he knows well-Grandma and

> Aunt and hugged and kissed them at least 3 times during the

> day. He has never given them any attention that was not asked for. He

> was always willing to give them a hug and kiss if told to but he has

> never shown affection to them on his own. It made both of them cry.

> They love so much and have been trying for so long to connect

> with him. He was finally able to show them how he feels about them.

> The best gift ever for all of us. There were way to many little

> things that happened yesterday to write about. IT WAS THE BEST

> CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! Kellie

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

I'll be yelling it from the rooftops...I got a good eye contact moment last evening...a moment in which he's looking at me and feeling tenderness and love twards me --- he will say kiss, but it's almost to demading for him yet....we'll get there. He does ask for hugs, so that is totally cool....I promise to let you know---promise promise...

Blessings to all...

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 9:39:54 AMSubject: Re: The Best Christmas ever!!!

To All,

I just wanted to say how happy I am for you and your children. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful kids.

We too had a great Christmas. Mason (4 years old) opened his presents and told people Merry Christmas (unprompted). We even went to a friends house for Christmas dinner and he was good as gold.

We received our diagnosis on February 28th of this year. He was non-verbal and screamed with major temper tantrums that could last for an hour easy. We immediately started an in home ABA program (without the high paid consultant - no offense meant but rather to point out that it can be done without as long as you can get some protocols.) In March (late March) Mason answered his first question which was "do you want to go to Mcs?". He answered "yes" and I nearly lept for joy. We have come so far in nine months but he really has blossomed from June to this point. He now speaks in five word sentences, is never quiet and just within the last week, will tell me things he did a couple of hours ago when I was gone. Last night he was playing with a toy racetrack with a car zooming on it. Another 2 year old boy tried to put his toes on the track. Mason looked at him and said, "Stop it

Dominick. It makes me mad." I was estatic that he explained his feelings.

I just wanted to share my story of my boy. To all of us walking the path, Merry Christmas and I hope that 2009 brings forth much love, happiness and good health to all.

I will try to attach a picture of Mason with this e-mail but don't kow if it will come through to you all.

Subject: Re: The Best Christmas ever!!!To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 11:24 AM

Those are precious moments, and there will be plenty more. Karac and I just got back from a walk in which he put his arm around my shoulder as we walked and he put my arm behind his back. He says I love you every time he tells me goodbye. So far we have had a wonderful Christmas. I asked him if he like Christmas and he said, "I like family". He has been calm with no anxiety, agitation, or aggression since his parents have been in California. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage these days, but I knew God would provide. He always meets our needs; you can write it on the wall. You will learn that as you go on this journey. Love and blessings, Pat K

In a message dated 12/26/2008 9:57:42 A.M. Central Standard Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

Blessings to all...

e

From: Steph <missbizzylizzy@ gmail.com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 9:39:54 AMSubject: Re: The Best Christmas ever!!!

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

Wow. If one of my little guys said "I like family", or "I love you", I would cry like a baby. Congrats on wonderful Christmas.:)

Sara

Re: The Best Christmas ever!!!

>

> After 7 years of " helping " open his presents while he spent

most

> of the morning just getting up and leaving and showing little

> interest in whatever we were doing HE GOT IT ALL!!!

>

> He saw the presents and said Mama Santa came! He went to the big

> presents that had bows and read his name, got excited and played

with

> them. When we sat around the tree he came over to the tree and we

> all took turns opening the wrapped presents. He even gave Daddy a

> present because he hadn't opened one yet and said Daddys turn for a

> present! We went to grandmas house and he actually said hi to some

> of his cousins and stayed with everyone most of the time (he

usually

> goes into a spare room and plays alone most of the time). During

the

> day he went up to the 2 family members that he knows well-Grandma

and

> Aunt and hugged and kissed them at least 3 times during the

> day. He has never given them any attention that was not asked for.

He

> was always willing to give them a hug and kiss if told to but he

has

> never shown affection to them on his own. It made both of them

cry.

> They love so much and have been trying for so long to connect

> with him. He was finally able to show them how he feels about

them.

> The best gift ever for all of us. There were way to many little

> things that happened yesterday to write about. IT WAS THE BEST

> CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! Kellie

>

Sounds like you got a Christmas mmiracle that's a wonderful gift. :)

Oh, how very cool. I just love to hear things like this Kellie. That is just great. Thanks so much for sharing.

Stacie

After 7 years of "helping" open his presents while he spent most of the morning just getting up and leaving and showing little interest in whatever we were doing HE GOT IT ALL!!!He saw the presents and said Mama Santa came! He went to the big presents that had bows and read his name, got excited and played with them. When we sat around the tree he came over to the tree and we all took turns opening the wrapped presents. He even gave Daddy a present because he hadn't opened one yet and said Daddys turn for a present! We went to grandmas house and he actually said hi to some of his cousins and stayed with everyone most of the time (he usually goes into a spare room and plays alone most of the time). During the day he went up to the 2 family members that he knows well-Grandma and Aunt and hugged and kissed them at least 3 times during the day. He has never given them any attention that was not asked for. He was always willing to give them a hug and kiss if told to but he has never shown affection to them on his own. It made both of them cry. They love so much and have been trying for so long to connect with him. He was finally able to show them how he feels about them. The best gift ever for all of us. There were way to many little things that happened yesterday to write about. IT WAS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! Kellie One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.