RemedySpot.com

Re: [!! SPAM] INTRODUCTION

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Fawn

Important things first - you are in Hampshire and therefore should get free nappies or pullups. Your health visitor will arrange it with you. They are delivered once every 8 weeks and you get 4 per day.

Personally I wouldn't rush into toilet training. Give yourself some time to get over the news.

The school looks lovely. My son is 7 and goes to a school here in the UK in Farnborough for children with special needs. It is the best thing we have done for him as he loves it.

You are right in what you say - your daughter is on the spectrum if the ped. says she has autism and yes it is on the severe end of the spectrum if she has a dx of severe autism. Alot of children do change there dx. of autism as they grow up and maybe learn skills like communication and social skills.

Take care

[!! SPAM] INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone,

My daughter was diagnosed with "classic autism" a couple of weeks ago they told us she wasn't on the spectrum because it's a severe case but looking at Google it says she's on the most severe end of it so I guess I'll have to ask her paediatrician when I next see her.I've stayed quiet for a while in the hopes I could gather more information see me and my husband always knew she had it but all along everyone told us it was just mild and I guess I started believing that. When we went for her diagnosis and they ran some tests with her the news was just absolutely shocking I think I even lost hearing for a bit and was finding it really hard to fight back the tears I'm not devastated that she has it but to know it's severe..WOW! Anyway regarding school I think we got her in the best and we're so lucky with that here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.springwell.southampton.sch.uk/school/index.htm

It has sensory rooms,hydrotherapy pools the works and it's only for special children we were told there were only 8 places left so I'm very happy.

My question is or should I say problem is that she's 4yrs old and I'd really like to potty train her but she has this thing that if she is indoors her pj's need to be on I took her bottoms off the other day and placed the potty in the centre of the room but the moment her pajama bottoms were off hell broke loose..she cried started lashing out at me and kept telling me her legs were broken(her word for anything not right) can anyone suggest what I can do as I'm afraid time is running out she's already on the last size for nappies now.

Thank you for letting me in your wonderful group there's been lots of things come up that have helped me in such a big way!

Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop!Check it out at http://www.crawler.com/marineaquarium