RemedySpot.com

Re: struggles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My biggest struggle is putting down the fork. Just kidding. Kind of. My biggest struggle is in my head. The fact that I don't eat simply for physical hunger is my issue. I need to have tools, like my food plan, but at this point I know if I don't deal with my emotional eating, I'll be right back up there on the scale. I'm trying a new approach which really just has to do with being kind to myself and trusting that I can take care of myself. The guilt and shame that dieting brings up for me hasn't really worked. Simple choices are working for me. I used to go all out and develop a complex plan for diet and exercise. I'd spend so much time planning and no time doing. My plan is not to over plan. I do need a little structure though so that's where my food plan and making some better choices food wise comes in. That's my philosophical answer. The

food answer is... I can binge on anything but I don't have a sweet tooth. I have a fat, greasy, salty protein tooth. I also love potatoes. I mean I Luuuvvvvv potatoes and have never eaten just a single serving of them. I've heard people say, "You can still have potatoes. Just have a moderate serving." What I hear is, "You can still have potatoes. Whaa Whaa Whaa." (Charlie Brown's Teacher). Mienealexandriapandicotti <alexandriapandicotti@...> wrote: I am new to this group and I want to lose 89lbs. What are some of the struggles you have? Mine biggest struggle is chocolate and pecan pie.YV, Miene

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

all my Miene, you hit it on the nose. I love potatoes too. Especially baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. I used to make fried potatoes, but I haven't done that in a long time. Good luck with your plan. jackieMiene <karmiene@...> wrote: My biggest struggle is putting down the fork. Just kidding. Kind of. My biggest struggle is in my head. The fact that I don't eat simply for physical hunger is my issue. I need to have

tools, like my food plan, but at this point I know if I don't deal with my emotional eating, I'll be right back up there on the scale. I'm trying a new approach which really just has to do with being kind to myself and trusting that I can take care of myself. The guilt and shame that dieting brings up for me hasn't really worked. Simple choices are working for me. I used to go all out and develop a complex plan for diet and exercise. I'd spend so much time planning and no time doing. My plan is not to over plan. I do need a little structure though so that's where my food plan and making some better choices food wise comes in. That's my philosophical answer. The food answer is... I can binge on anything but I don't have a sweet tooth. I have a fat, greasy, salty protein tooth. I also love potatoes. I mean I Luuuvvvvv potatoes and have never eaten just a single

serving of them. I've heard people say, "You can still have potatoes. Just have a moderate serving." What I hear is, "You can still have potatoes. Whaa Whaa Whaa." (Charlie Brown's Teacher). Mienealexandriapandicotti <alexandriapandicotti@...> wrote: I am new to this group and I want to lose 89lbs. What are some of the struggles you have? Mine biggest struggle is chocolate and pecan pie.YV, Miene All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

My biggest struggle right now is water - yesterday I heard you should drink 1/2 of you body weight of water for me that's 102 oz. I think I will feel yucky so I'm starting a little lower and working up. It wasn't hard at the beginning I think because it was hot here - and now the weather is cooling off..... NO EXCUSES right just do it!! =)

Highest Weight 235

Current Weight 204

Goal Weight 130

Lifestyle Change May 11, 2006

Welcome! My biggest struggle is actually making myself get up and do what I

say I'm gonna do. I'm sure you know the story.....I get up in the morning

and I'll say...Today is a whole new day. I'm gonna journal everything that

goes into my mouth. I'm gonna get 8 glasses or water. I'm gonna exercise at

least 30 minutes. Then at the end of the day I've only done 1 or 2 out of

the 3 things. You're right this is a struggle. But we can do it together.

>I am new to this group and I want to lose 89lbs. What are some of the

> struggles you have? Mine biggest struggle is chocolate and pecan pie.

>

I also love potatoes. I mean I Luuuvvvvv potatoes and have never eaten just a single serving of them. I've heard people say, "You can still have potatoes. Just have a moderate serving." What I hear is, "You can still have potatoes. Whaa Whaa Whaa." (Charlie Brown's Teacher).

Sitting here shaking my head in agreement. We are potato people here in this family too. Hash browns, tater tots, baked potato, boiled potatoes, fried potatoes, Potatoe casserole.....well you see what I mean. The list goes on and on. The whole potato thing is hard for me too. I still eat them and always will but I have cut wayyyyyyy back on them. Thats all I can suggest to you is to try and cut back the servings. Yep, I know...Its hard.

andria wrote: [[i am new to this group and I want to lose 89lbs. What are some of the struggles you have? Mine biggest struggle is chocolate and pecan pie.]]

Hi andria - welcome - I have lost almost 30 lbs and have roughly 90 or so to go. My struggles are life (LOL). I am 39, a single mom of 3 boys (10, 12 and almost 14), work full time, go to school part time, etc.... so, daily struggles with stress, etc. I do love my chocolate, burgers and pepsi also, so I have learned to limit them somewhat (and switched to diet soda when I have to have them)...

• 11 months later...

Amy,

May I ask what you are struggling with currently? I am very sorry for your

situation but encouraged that I am not the only who is having problems.

I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 11 but honestly my biggest progression

has been in the last 3 years. I am having tons of joint stiffness and am very

unsteady most days.

Hang in there! I know how you feel!