RemedySpot.com

Re:Fw: Licking the walls/floor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is 17 and he went through a period of time when he licked and smelled "lots of things" including the walls and floors. He has been on Heilkunst and he has gone through some of the same things for a short period of time. This seems to be a sensory issue, which as far as I am concerned is a very HUGE part of Autistic behavior. I too just try to re-direct his behavior and maybe give him something appropriate to lick or smell such as some sort of food. I have spent many hours of outings where I hold my son's thumb as a restraint ...other wise there have been times where he jumps down onto the floor at Target and licks the floor...and jumps and runs away....or runs to the end of the aisle at Wal-Mart and waits for me, even though I had not planned on going that way...some days are better than others and lately he has been very good. I believe the Heilkunst is

helping."Do not fear nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you ALWAYS!" 1:9 "The mighty oak was once a NUT that stood it's ground."Protect yourself from radiation and Bring your body back into balance... http://www.cellphoneguardian.com/cmd.php?af=731322

What is heilkunst? Karac is 16 and has just started sniffing the carpet in the hall after his bath. It is so weird. I love your scripture on your email. Pat K

My son is 17 and he went through a period of time when he licked and smelled "lots of things" including the walls and floors. He has been on Heilkunst and he has gone through some of the same things for a short period of time. This seems to be a sensory issue, which as far as I am concerned is a very HUGE part of Autistic behavior. I too just try to re-direct his behavior and maybe give him something appropriate to lick or smell such as some sort of food. I have spent many hours of outings where I hold my son's thumb as a restraint ...other wise there have been times where he jumps down onto the floor at Target and licks the floor...and jumps and runs away....or runs to the end of the aisle at Wal-Mart and waits for me, even though I had not planned on going that way...some days are better than others and lately he has been very good. I believe the Heilkunst is helping."Do not fear nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you ALWAYS!" 1:9 "The mighty oak was once a NUT that stood it's ground."Protect yourself from radiation and Bring your body back into balance... http://www.cellphoneguardian.com/cmd.php?af=731322 Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing trying to redirect him.

Reward him for not licking things. Like if he goes a while without

licking give him praise or a treat. My daughter will put toys in her

mouth and I have a saying " No toys in the mouth " . We still work on

this but it has decreased.

>

> My son is 17 and he went through a period of time when he licked and

smelled " lots of things " including the walls and floors. He has been

on Heilkunst and he has gone through some of the same things for a

short period of time. This seems to be a sensory issue, which as far

as I am concerned is a very HUGE part of Autistic behavior. I too just

try to re-direct his behavior and maybe give him something appropriate

to lick or smell such as some sort of food. I have spent many hours of

outings where I hold my son's thumb as a restraint ...other wise there

have been times where he jumps down onto the floor at Target and licks

the floor...and jumps and runs away....or runs to the end of the aisle

at Wal-Mart and waits for me, even though I had not planned on going

that way...some days are better than others and lately he has been

very good. I believe the Heilkunst is helping.

>

> " Do not fear nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you

ALWAYS! " 1:9

>   " The mighty oak was once a NUT that stood it's ground. "

>

>

>

>

> Protect yourself from radiation and Bring your body back into

balance...

> http://www.cellphoneguardian.com/cmd.php?af=731322

>