keeps the book beneath a high speed running fan and the enjoys the

pages of the books being flipped. Can someone tell why he is doing this

and what can my friend do to help her kiddo. BTW we are in a place

outside US where no SENSORY INTEGRATION is available so there is no OT

to evaluate our kids.and absolutely no Bhavior therapists' who can

guide us so we are greatly leaning on the group members to

help us here

Sharmila

My son is 8 and goes to school but has issues with loud noises so if he has this try putting headphones with the cord cut off or ear muffs on him .

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 11:26:54 PMSubject: Looking for Help/advise

Dear all: I am posting this question to help my friend who has a 7 year old dx with ASD. Because of severe sensory and bx issues the little guy is not going to school. Recently he has developed some bx type problems like in his delusion he is plucking as if some thing is sticking to his palm and throwing it away .Some times he also crys while doing so and it seems that he is doing that to every part of his body. Another concern is that he is always flipping the pages of a magazine or book and for the last two days it seems that he just keeps the book beneath a high speed running fan and the enjoys the pages of the books being flipped. Can someone tell why he is doing this and what can my friend do to help her kiddo. BTW we are in a place outside US where no SENSORY INTEGRATION is available so there is no OT to evaluate our kids.and absolutely no Bhavior therapists' who can guide us so we are

greatly leaning on the group members to help us hereSharmila

Hi Sharmila,

My son is 8 and is a real sensory seeker. He wants deep pressure often especially using a firm consistent squeezing on the joint areas and he craves hugs and lots of tickling. It must be very hard to not have the resources available. I have read a few sensory books and would recommend

The Out of Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz and Lucy Jane

This book explains the different sensory processing systems and gives you a better understanding of how they work alone and together.

The Out of Sync Child has fun by Carol Sock Kranowitz

Some ideas on how to satisfy sensory issues with things you usually have around the house.

Both of these books and many other sensory books are available at Amazon.com.

I guess I would ask if there were any changes in the house recently. has some OCD issues and these definitely get more intense when his schedule or his environment has changed. Does he seem to be a seeker- craving rough play, hard hugs, lots of touching or does he avoid it? Has he been sick lately? seems to stim more often before and then right after he is ill. I wish I had more for you. I'm sure the other members of this group will have more ideas. This is a great group. Kellie

Subject: Looking for Help/adviseTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 5:26 AM

Dear all: I am posting this question to help my friend who has a 7 year old dx with ASD. Because of severe sensory and bx issues the little guy is not going to school. Recently he has developed some bx type problems like in his delusion he is plucking as if some thing is sticking to his palm and throwing it away .Some times he also crys while doing so and it seems that he is doing that to every part of his body. Another concern is that he is always flipping the pages of a magazine or book and for the last two days it seems that he just keeps the book beneath a high speed running fan and the enjoys the pages of the books being flipped. Can someone tell why he is doing this and what can my friend do to help her kiddo. BTW we are in a place outside US where no SENSORY INTEGRATION is available so there is no OT to evaluate our kids.and absolutely no Bhavior therapists' who can guide us so we

are greatly leaning on the group members to help us hereSharmila