Guest guest

Kathy,

Thanks for your response and suggestions. My son actually started w/ Pandas

in 2nd grade but we didn't realize what it was till much later. He was on

ssri's for the anxiety. It was only until one year and a half ago that we

realized

that his anxiety and ocd like behavior was the full blown thing. As adolesence

approached he displayed the more classic symptoms. I have thought that the

tics were ocd symptoms and they have improved somewhat since we switched him off

the adderall but they still persist to a significant degree. I just want to

make sure we're doing everything we can to help we these symptoms. We've gone

through trich,grimacing, ts vocalizing no,no,no, whistling, grinding teeth ect.

I just want to make sure we're doing our best. You have been so helpful and

I'm learning so much from all of you. Thanks again. I wish you well.

Thanks,Marcy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Lori, how did the surgery today go? I know you both must be glad to

have this behind you.

Kathy R. in Indiana

----- Original Message -----

> Hi all

> We are having a very difficult time with ocd, old original intrusive ocd

> thoughts have come

> back with a vengance, to the point she is unable to focus on anything else

> and having

> problems even fighting them, I talked with her psychiatrist who thinks it

is

> because of her upcoming surgery on thursday, having her galblader out at

> 17. Like I didnt already

> have enough to worry about with the surgery. Well just needed to vent to

> folks I know

> will understand. Thanks Lori

• 4 years later...

This is more then just intimidation practices.. it's probably false arrest - but until we know the 'whole' story it sounds like yet another state abusing power and

using force to stop people from helping people. That is what good faith is all about - but obviously this district does not act in good faith, they like others pretend to, and expect parents and advocates to do the same.Many times people have asked me 'Why are you still based in Hawai'i, and not Sacramento, or Tacoma, or PHOENIX.. places I once was based from. The answer is unspoken ..and easily understood by reading that article. By being in Hawai'i I can effectively state the things I would like to without getting caught too much into one district. Phoenix was a 'good ol boy' place where not alot got done Locally, Tacoma was easier because it had already been hit hard by a few advocates..and California is not a place you get arrested for Advocating. One thing is for sure, my breed has become a target and for only one reason - they would rather have us out of the way so they don't have to pay for programs, don't have

to insure parents rights, and most of all don't get caught up in long due process cases that cost the U.S. Billions yearly.My answer to all this .. Federal Legislation and Compliance. I've seen every state through the computer or over the phone and have walked on almost every states grounds at a school as an Advocate. If they want to prosecute me for helping kids and adults that need it - then that is what they shall do.One big mistake many Advocates will make is to be ANYWHERE that is recorded and start 'quoting law', Although any person can quote what a law says, when we start doing so for others in a 'hearing setting' , we are open for that 1 fraud count which is probably practicing law without a license.If I am guilty of that - then I need to collect approx 7.5 million in fees I didn't collect.. wait.. I don't charge fees.. So, Let me get this straight.. we go out.. we refer to a law but don't quote

it.. don't charge to do so.. and then go to Jail ? Makes about as much sense as the CNN reports.. obviously Justice is very lopsided in America. This is why I work for the most part 3,500 miles away from the coast of California on a little rock called Oahu !!!I wish the best for this advocate and all others - my advice..be like Mike !!! Do it all by teleconference.. don't start quoting laws in reference to the case in a due process, don't charge parents to talk about the law if you are not an attorney, and Fly in and Fly out for the hearing.. if you sit in one place too long you're like a sitting duck in the world of Advocacy. E. , Sr.The Office of Advocacy for Autistic ChildrenPlease go and register, comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the samehttp://www.change.org/ideas/view/accept_and_sign_the_autism_reform_act_of_2009 E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic ChildrenThis electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, (18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.)