RemedySpot.com

Re: any advice.. cps called - Reply to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

have you heather ever been called on for your own children i have been called on 7 times in 10 years my ASD ADHD son was taking way from me for 4 months and that was when he was 4-5 years old i hate having cps in my life it stresses me out one of the times the school called on me because i was not giveing him his meds and i was everyone from the pharamcy to the drs told them that i was now that i have him at a different school it is so much better he is not having the problems. So you don't know what we go through looking over our shoulders making sure cps i not involved Leigh-Ann J

From: Dagg <hdagg2000yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: any advice.. cps calledTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04 AM

My initial response about CAS was because there were 2 different posts about CAS being called - this was a general note and not meant to offend anyone - everyone has their own side to the story - believe me I have been accused myself as a teacher last year in regards to a boys penis...long story but nothing came of it. I have nothing to hide and welcome anyone to come in and observe me. There is good intentions behind everything I do in my classroom.

Take care again,

Wow I have never been so insulted.

I have great relationships with most of the families I work with - I wouldn't say I was friends with them but we do have a professional relationship and I am there for them anyway I can. I do not have any children of my own - I am a young teacher (4 years) and have been recognized by my board for running a very successful program for my students.

To answer some questions that were mentioned - the asian child always wore an undershirt tucked into his pants which would be why no one ever noticed...and no it was not an attack on parents - that is what I am trying to say - these are not meant as attacks. This family and I are great friends and no I don;t teach him anymore as he has moved on from my class. No this is not the family who accused our school team of abuse - that is a whole other story that I won't get into since everything I seem to say gets taken the wrong way right now which is unfortunate. I currently teach, provide 10 hours of IBI a week for 2 three year old children as well as provide as much respite to families in need that I can. I tell my parents all the time - I choose this career - you did not choose to have a child with autism.

I am not pretending to know what it is like and I did not say anything to that affect.

Also in regards to the child putting holes in the drywall during the power outage - again you don't know the child - you say you are so understanding and wanting to help and support others then why all the attacks?? Teachers are not all bad people and I am on here to try and give parents support they may need when it comes to the school system. I am also in canada so I know the school and childrens aid society are VERY different.

My best friend is a foster parent to a 13 year old child with severe behaviour issues - he is in a section 22 school (seperate school). She is also a teacher and has has CAS called on her and been investigated several times for the child that she fosters. She has never been upset or angry. Similarly, she teaches a behaviour class and had to call this school year on one of her students who was in foster care (which unfortunately most are) and the parent was furious - almost attacked her. Interestingly enough CAS investigated and found the home to be not suitable for whatever reason - therefore the parent was angry because they felt they had done something wrong. I don't know how CAS works in the states but here in Canada it takes a lot for a child to be taken away from their parents. I am sorry if that is not the case where you live.

Thank you to those on here who understand where I am coming from.

I will remain a member because I definately benefit from some of the discussions that have occured on here.

Merry Christmas