RemedySpot.com

Hello Everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kinsey!

I enjoyed meeting you and your partner while you were in the hospital (you

really didn't look like you had just had surgery)! I am so glad you are on

the road to recovery and are posting again! Take care.

Hugs and blessings, Ann

• 5 years later...

the boy I work with as an aide uses sign language just so we do not bother the rest of the class, hsi words are limited but he is vocal.

( i think asl needs to be a second language in all schools. my 16 yr old daughter and her gf's all know it and talk about the boys in front of them and the boys have no idea.. lol.. not fair..

and my second husband came into our lives when my son was 11, and he did not like hugs and kisses in front of friends.. so we all i love you signed, my husband thought that was so cool. my son knew and noone else had any idea.

Re: Hello everyone

Hello,From 2-5 years Cody used sign language. We started off with basic ones like, more, thirsty, hungry, yes, no, etc. He got pretty good and used about 100 signs and his preschool class loved it. Cody was the only nonverbal kid at the preschool and the other kids really took to it. When he started kindergarten he started using more words. Prior to that it was baba and mama. He is 10 and has about 100 words most people understand after being around him a bit. It's kinda like toddler talk, you have to really listen. We also use a six level tech talk. Sometimes we do twenty questions. He will either nod yes or say his word for no - it sounds like "Unt-A" Like no that's not what I want. Sometimes, I do show me. I have him get up and take me and point to whatever he wants. We did try the PECS method, however, he didn't have an interest in it. If something doesn't work the first time, it maybe to soon. Try it again 6 months down the line again. Good luck. > >> > Hey,> > I have not postd in quite a while do to being very very busy all > > the time But i have been reading the messages. I just wanted to say > > hello to everyone and I have had something new happen recently.....> > My son is 3 as some of you may or may not remember, and he has > > autism and is non verbal. My daughter is 2 and i just had her > tested > > yesterday for developmental disabilities. I was worried about her > > because she only has a few words but rarely ever says them. She > > prefers to babble or not say anything at all or to even worse, > > imitate her brother and his screens and shreiks that he does. Well > > thankfully I was told that she does not have any developmental > > disibiliets that anyone could say right now. She has a severe > speech > > delay and her play skills and so forth are alittle slow but she > only > > needs some at home speech therapy and some at home developmental > > therapy. My son gets theses services and then some out of the home > > and they are working great for him so i can only imagine what they > > will do for her. I was very relieved to hear she was okay. i was > > thinking the worst. I am feeling pretty happy right now. haha I > just > > thought i would give anyone who cared an update on things in my > life. > > I will be posting more often. I also wanted to know who the > parents > > are of non verbal autistic children and wondering how old they are > > and in what forms they communicate, what you have tried, what > worked > > and what didn't. I am always hoping to see my son talking like > > everyone else his age but i fear that he will never say more than a > > few words. Look forward to hearing from all of you. Everyone have > a > > great day and weekend! > >>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.1/1731 - Release Date: 10/17/2008 7:01 PM

• 2 months later...

I am a female with autism -the Aspergers kind. I am being treated mean

because my hours at work have been cut to 4 hours a week and

Vocational Rehab has told me because I am working that they will not

help me with finding another Job. Also I live in a Group Home My

government Money has been cut because of my job up to where I have to

pay all of my work money for my Rent I am at a point where I do not

have the money to get postage stamps, go out to eat , get toiletrys

like: Bar soap, Shampoo,toothpaste, Deodorant and Mouthwash, CD-R

Discs, Typeing Paper for my Printer, envelopes, pencils, Pens,

Notebook Paper, Haircuts etc... What can I do because I would like a

Job with more hours? Is there anyone that can help me with looking for