RemedySpot.com

Re: Diet not being followed at school

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Holly,

isn't on the diet anymore but when he was I told everyone he was highly allergic to the additives and the foods that were on his list. I made it clear that he would wheeze and get hives if he ate any of those foods and they were to call me immediately so I could get him to the doctor. This was before the diet became so well known and it worked for us. I got a call one day because he had eaten a cookie that I hadn't sent in. I picked him up and told them I was taking him to the Dr. and he missed the next day of school. They were very apologetic and from then on they kept to the diet. The diet and supplements from the DAN doctor didn't make the difference in that it does in your son. We were on it for over 1 1/2 years and then we slowly went off of it. No changes in behavior or skills when we stopped. Maybe you should take him to the school party tomorrow and let them

see how he is after he is given the wrong foods? Sometimes I think they just don't believe it really makes a difference and then they don't pay enough attention. If it would be really hard on your son maybe you could go for just a short time. I bet if they had to deal with the results they would be very careful in the future. I know they should take your word for it and that should be enough but sometimes nothing is better then seeing the change with your own eyes.

Subject: Diet not being followed at schoolTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 10:16 PM

Okay I am venting but I am so mad!

is on a GFCF diet. We do everything we can to accomidate the school to help him. I bring in snacks for him everyday. I made a pizza for him when his class won a pizza party. I pack a sack lunch everyday. It is written into his IEP. He has a one on one aid that knows he can not have gluten or dairy under any circumstances. I even make and bring in his special cupcakes and cookies when someone has a birthday.

On mondays can have hot lunch. They have hotdogs that are gluten free. Today they ran out of hotdogs and the aid gave my son a breaded chicken sandwich !!! For heaven sakes I live 3 minutes from the school and am I stay at home mom. I could have ran to the school with a sack lunch in 5 minutes. They also have a closet full of his food that they could of offered him instead.

He comes home with a rash on his chest his stomach hurts. I would have taken him to the doctor if he didn't tell me what he ate for lunch. The teacher never even called or wrote a note to let me know!!! I guess they assumed that if they never told me I would never know. But they did send me home with a note that he was out of his gluten free pretzels for snack. 2 notes infact one from the teacher and one from the aid. But nothing about the Gluten filled lunch.

I know I should never let him have hot lunch but he is in kindgarten and wants to so bad. So we made sure that he could eat in on mondays. Which he only does about once a month anyways!!

Tommorrow will be horrible for my little one his behavior and tantrums go out of control when he has a upset in his diet. which also means he gets to stay home and they are having a thanksgiving party that I have already spent much money and time making carter a special thanksgiving feast since his class is having one. Dad even took the day off work to go the special party.

Holly, I am so sorry the school is not supporting your

sons diet nor the IEP. They are in breach of the IEP.

I would point this out to them.

Y

From: Holly <holls2367yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Diet not being followed at schoolTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 10:16 PM

Okay I am venting but I am so mad!

is on a GFCF diet. We do everything we can to accomidate the school to help him. I bring in snacks for him everyday. I made a pizza for him when his class won a pizza party. I pack a sack lunch everyday. It is written into his IEP. He has a one on one aid that knows he can not have gluten or dairy under any circumstances. I even make and bring in his special cupcakes and cookies when someone has a birthday.

On mondays can have hot lunch. They have hotdogs that are gluten free. Today they ran out of hotdogs and the aid gave my son a breaded chicken sandwich !!! For heaven sakes I live 3 minutes from the school and am I stay at home mom. I could have ran to the school with a sack lunch in 5 minutes. They also have a closet full of his food that they could of offered him instead.

He comes home with a rash on his chest his stomach hurts. I would have taken him to the doctor if he didn't tell me what he ate for lunch. The teacher never even called or wrote a note to let me know!!! I guess they assumed that if they never told me I would never know. But they did send me home with a note that he was out of his gluten free pretzels for snack. 2 notes infact one from the teacher and one from the aid. But nothing about the Gluten filled lunch.

I know I should never let him have hot lunch but he is in kindgarten and wants to so bad. So we made sure that he could eat in on mondays. Which he only does about once a month anyways!!

Tommorrow will be horrible for my little one his behavior and tantrums go out of control when he has a upset in his diet. which also means he gets to stay home and they are having a thanksgiving party that I have already spent much money and time making carter a special thanksgiving feast since his class is having one. Dad even took the day off work to go the special party.