RemedySpot.com

Re: Increasing Ped Business

Rate this topic

Guest guest

See if you can get them to pay you to make rounds at the hospital where they deliver. That will make a huge difference -- not to mention you'll get to know the OBs that way as well.

I've been doing it for nearly 20 years, and I can tell you that our peds practice increased exponentially -- not all because of me -- they are good docs -- but they know that part of why people choose them is because they have "their own IBCLC." I've heard it often enough from the moms to know that it has made a difference. ly, I think 5 months is too short a period of time to judge.

JanLactation Education Consultants

The nice doc who just came into to talk with me about their so far, disappointing response to my presence, is at a loss and admits they are poor businessmen. They leave their brochures with OB's etc, but not a ripple. Any great ideas smart women? Thanks AnnStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Oh Jan Ellen, I loved your announcement. Ann, I definitely think you ought to take her up on it immediately and have your new phone number be 266-2929 (or 2323, as the case may be).

JanLactation Education Consultants

At least they are not putting it on you! Have they thought of appealing to new moms that are shopping and use a print ad in the local baby magazine (in Raleigh/Cary it is the sister mag to the one I advertised in in Charlotte)? It is a 3mos additon. I got tons of referrals from my ad. I also sent out 'birth announcements' ..... We are happy to announce the birth of Papa Pediatric's lactation services blah blah blah.......stork logo in the corner Jan Ellen

It could be in the form on an announcement:

Papa Pediatrics is pleased to

announce the addtion of

Ann Conlon- IBCLC

(insert gorgeous photo here)

to our practiceNow accepting appts for prenatal vists,post-partum visits and consultsRental pumps availableCall 704- Ann-Babeto scheduleInsurance plans accepted Increasing Ped Business

I have been the LC twice weekly at this ped office for 5 months now. They are somewhat disappointed in the lack of increase in business and are constantly undermined by a huge, nearby - bfeeding unsupportive practice, that all OB's etc are simply "used to promoting." The nice doc who just came into to talk with me about their so far, disappointing response to my presence, is at a loss and admits they are poor businessmen. They leave their brochures with OB's etc, but not a ripple. Any great ideas smart women? Thanks Ann

Ann Conlon-, IBCLCTriangle Lactation Consultants1875 Carrington DriveRaleigh, NC 27615www.trianglelactation.com

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

They need to do much more active promotion of their services

than just leaving brochures which busy docs are unlikely to leave.

Ask them what would convince THEM to refer to a different specialty

practice? Would it be some in-services with the OB's? Would

it be taking them out to lunch to talk about how they can serve their

clients better, particularly in their efforts to breastfeed? They

simply need to get personal with the OB's and win them over.

At 11:21 AM 1/11/2008, you wrote:

I have been the LC twice weekly at

this ped office for 5 months now. They are somewhat disappointed in

the lack of increase in business and are constantly undermined by a huge,

nearby - bfeeding unsupportive practice, that all OB's etc are simply

" used to promoting. " The nice doc who just came into to

talk with me about their so far, disappointing response to my presence,

is at a loss and admits they are poor businessmen. They leave their

brochures with OB's etc, but not a ripple. Any great ideas

smart women? Thanks Ann

Ann Conlon-, IBCLC

Triangle Lactation Consultants

1875 Carrington Drive

Raleigh, NC 27615

www.trianglelactation.com

Start the year off right.

Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

At least they are not putting it on you! Have they thought of appealing to new moms that are shopping and use a print ad in the local baby magazine (in Raleigh/Cary it is the sister mag to the one I advertised in in Charlotte)? It is a 3mos additon. I got tons of referrals from my ad. I also sent out 'birth announcements' ..... We are happy to announce the birth of Papa Pediatric's lactation services blah blah blah.......stork logo in the corner Jan Ellen

It could be in the form on an announcement:

Papa Pediatrics is pleased to

announce the addtion of

Ann Conlon- IBCLC

(insert gorgeous photo here)

to our practice

Now accepting appts for prenatal vists,

post-partum visits and consults

Rental pumps available

Call 704- Ann-Babe

to schedule

Insurance plans accepted

Increasing Ped Business

I have been the LC twice weekly at this ped office for 5 months now. They are somewhat disappointed in the lack of increase in business and are constantly undermined by a huge, nearby - bfeeding unsupportive practice, that all OB's etc are simply "used to promoting." The nice doc who just came into to talk with me about their so far, disappointing response to my presence, is at a loss and admits they are poor businessmen. They leave their brochures with OB's etc, but not a ripple. Any great ideas smart women? Thanks Ann

Ann Conlon-, IBCLC

Triangle Lactation Consultants

1875 Carrington Drive

Raleigh, NC 27615

www.trianglelactation.com

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

I have a great relationship with one newer ped in his own practice here and he gets a lot of his patients from Babies r us seminars he does once a month or so (at the beginning more) for free at the store. He calls it "Bringing Home Baby". I met him there almost 3 years ago, and we work closely together now. You do not have to even go to babies r us, I know there are a some who think we should not get involved with stores that sell formula and such so I do not want to start that discussion all over again. But even if they advertised some how in ob offices and did these in their own offices or asked a local baby type store to also put up the flyer. The Babies R Us venue worked for us both. And they do not pay you or ask you to pay them. Just a thought. Networking that way is the best. Also contacting local lamase or child birth educators also works, even if you/they just go to their classes and give info and promote their practice.

Good luck

Donna :)

Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC

Lakeshore Lactation

www.LILCA.ORG

In a message dated 01/11/08 08:22:40 Pacific Standard Time, aconsmith writes:

Ann Conlon-, IBCLCTriangle Lactation Consultants1875 Carrington DriveRaleigh, NC 27615www.trianglelactation.com

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

I would encourage them to contact the Childbirth Educators at the

hospitals where they most want to be associated with, and volunteer

to help with a class... our new docs are the ones who do the " Baby

Basics " class, telling parents what babies are like when they first

come home... It gets their face out there so people could request

them. I loved the response and ad that were posted earlier.

Dalton RNC, IBCLC, RLC

>

> I have been the LC twice weekly at this ped office for 5 months

now. They

> are somewhat disappointed in the lack of increase in business and

are

> constantly undermined by a huge, nearby - bfeeding unsupportive

practice, that all

> OB's etc are simply " used to promoting. " The nice doc who just

came into to

> talk with me about their so far, disappointing response to my

presence, is at a

> loss and admits they are poor businessmen. They leave their

brochures with

> OB's etc, but not a ripple. Any great ideas smart women? Thanks

Ann

>

> Ann Conlon-, IBCLC

> Triangle Lactation Consultants

> 1875 Carrington Drive

> Raleigh, NC 27615

>

> _www.trianglelactation.com_ (http://www.trianglelactation.com/)

>

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>