> unnecessary code language in documents that are opinions of design

> guidance and are not written to protect the publics quality of life,

> health, and welfare just places unnecessary liability on the

designer.

Precisely my point. This standard is not yet at a level of specificity

that would allow it to be written in mandatory language for use as a

code. " Comfort " is such a nebulous concept that it may never be. To try

to produce a code from the current document would open designers to

increased liability, and we have enough of that now.

Bob

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

welcome!

Lyla Wolfenstein, B.S., IBCLC, RLCOwner, Lactation Consultant, Parent EducatorZenana Spa & Wellness Center, LLP

Lyla@...

http://www.zenana-spa.com

503.238.mama (6262) Mobile Fax

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of breastfeed4healthSent: Monday, March 26, 2007 6:20 PMTo: Subject: Introduction

My name is Carol Durham, RN, MSN, IBCLC, and Major (USAF NC, Retired). I have been an independent IBCLC since 1996 in Niceville, FL. The vast majority of my 34 years as a nurse has been in maternal child health, my clinical nurse specialty, in various levels of supervision. The website for my practice is: www.breastfeed4health.com, where you can read more about my business and background. I am on contract with the Air Force to provide lactation consultant services to the Eglin AFB Regional Hospital. I recently created the Breastfeed For Health Network, a national network of highly professional IBCLCs to provide telephone consults to breastfeeding moms who need immediate help. I take possession of a new facility for the Breastfeed For Health Network operations center on April 1, 2007. I hope to work out all the procedures and communications details to start scheduling telephone consult appointments and be fully operational by June 15, 2007.Carol Durham, RN, MSN, IBCLCPrincipal, Durham Lactation Consultant ServicesNiceville, FLwww.breastfeed4health.comtoll free: 1-877-250-BABY

• 10 months later...

Welcome Lynn !!!

I started as only a La Leche League mom who hosted meetings. My daughter was about 2 when I really started working towards my IBCLC.

Good luck and take your time. :) and yes there are a lot of LLL here in private practice world.

Regards, Donna

Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC

President of LILCA

Lakeshore Lactation

www.LILCA.ORG

In a message dated 02/06/08 23:11:22 Eastern Standard Time, LM926 writes:

Hi Ladies,

My name is Lynn , and I am currently a La Leche League Leader in Washington State. I have been a Leader for seven years, and I am considering working towards my IBCLC. I would most likely be doing so in a private practice, so I wanted to learn more about how other LCs work it out. My husband , and I, have two sons; , who is 8 and Nolan, who is 5. They keep us very busy. Next fall Nolan will be starting Kindergarten, so I am thinking that if I do indeed decide to start on an IBCLC course, that will be the time. I would appreciate insights any of you can share with me about what it's like to be an IBCLC in private practice, how you came to be one, the specifics of the pathways to do it, etc. Also, I'm curious to know how many of you are, or have been, La Lache League Leaders? I look forward to learning more.

Warmly,

Lynn

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Good Luck with becoming and IBCLC. I had a private practice for 13 years, but I now work for a physician practices so I am not seeing patients that way anymore. Irecently read 's "The LC in Private PracticeABC's of Getting Started". I think that is the correct title. Anyway if I had red it a long time ago it would have saved me a lot of work. I suggest you read it.

Judy Gutowski, BA, IBCLC

Hi Lynn,Welcome aboard. I am a LLL and an IBCLC in Private Practice. I find this work to be mother friendly - I work when my kids are in school or evenings and weekends when Rob is around.My inspirations where the women in my life who where/are LLL/IBCLC. I would encourage you to join your local ILCA/USLCA Affiliate. Good luck!Leigh Anne O'Connor in NYCHi Ladies, My name is Lynn , and I am currently a La Leche League Leader in Washington State. I have been a Leader for seven years, and I am considering working towards my IBCLC. I would most likely be doing so in a private practice, so I wanted to learn more about how other LCs work it out. My husband , and I, have two sons; , who is 8 and Nolan, who is 5. They keep us very busy. Next fall Nolan will be starting Kindergarten, so I am thinking that if I do indeed decide to start on an IBCLC course, that will be the time. I would appreciate insights any of you can share with me about what it's like to be an IBCLC in private practice, how you came to be one, the specifics of the pathways to do it, etc. Also, I'm curious to know how many of you are, or have been, La Lache League Leaders? I look forward to learning more. Warmly,Lynn Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music. Leigh Anne O'Connor, IBCLCleighanne625@...www.leighanneoconnor.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name if and I am a new IBCLC. I took the exam last July and thankfully passed. I have been a nurse since 1994 and have pretty much only done OB, both labor and delivery and postpartum. My last few years I spent 7 years on the post partum floor at a community hospital. I have only been working part time lately since having babies 4 (in 2004) and 5 (Dec. 2007.)

I am very excited to begin this next chapter of my life and career. I am looking to eventually do some private practice and am looking forward to learning from some experienced LC's all of the ins and outs so to speak.

I am in the Chicago, IL area, but noticed that the moderator signed off from Portland. I also spent some time at Oregon State University while doing my general education classes before nursing school. It's a beautiful part of the country.

Thank you so much for the membership, and I look forward to communicating with you all!

Guest guest

Welcome, . Welcome to the lactation field and the Private Practice part of the field.

Where in the Chicago area do you live? I was born and raised there. Then we moved to the SF Bay Area, then down to San Diego, back to Wheaton, IL, and then (and now) back to Poway, CA, a suburb of San Diego.

Welcome,

Ann Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

and those of us in Wheaton IL wish Ann was still here!!

Jan Barger

back to Wheaton, ILDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

and those of us in Wheaton IL wish Ann was still here!!

Jan Barger

Ohmigosh, Jan, that is such a sweet thing to say. Thank you so much!

How are you doing surviving this extraordinary winter? I have had a blow-by-blow description from my ds, Kyra, who lives in Aurora. Sigh, you poor guys have really gotten it this winter.

AnnDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

I'm REALLY tired of the snow. Very glad it is March, though we were warned in the Chicago Tribune today that we have plenty of time for more snow to arrive....in fact, they are predicting yet another winter storm on Tuesday....

sigh.

Jan

Ohmigosh, Jan, that is such a sweet thing to say. Thank you so much!Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

I'm REALLY tired of the snow. Very glad it is March, though we were warned in the Chicago Tribune today that we have plenty of time for more snow to arrive....in fact, they are predicting yet another winter storm on Tuesday....

sigh.

Jan

I am so sorry for you all. What a long, grueling, cold, gray season to endure.

I remember from years past that it can even extend into April. I think it was '74 or '75 or maybe '76 we had a blizzard that dumped 9"...NINE inches...on April 2nd. Closed O'Hare airport. I was teaching in Chicago and living in Hinsdale. Usual trip: 45- 60 minutes. That day: 3.5 hours! Was so afraid I was going to run out of gas by the last few miles... Whew, didn't but then had to get up even earlier the next day to fill up before the trip into Chgo.

I am sending warm sunny vibes to the area (don't know where they will come from; it's overcast and in the 50s here, cool for us b/c we had 3 days of 70+ degrees earlier in the week. I know, I know: what am I complaining about!?!), anyway, am sending some warmer temps to you to carry you through til late April!

AnnDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.