RemedySpot.com

Re: hurting/NOT alone!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been there....for many years ...my son will be 18 in March, has spoken a TOTAL of 11 words since he was 3...diagnosed at 22 months, lost all speech after a tetanus shot at age 3. I have 6 siblings, RARELY hear from any of them. My sister kicked me and my 3 kids (age 4, 2 & 2)out of her house bc I could ONLY afford to pay her $400/rent. We lived in a 24 ft. motorhome for awhile. This was after she had offered to watch my kids while I went to school and get back on my feet once I moved 1200 miles away to her city in FL. She got an additional night job the day before I moved and I ended up watching HER kids with no pay. That was 15 years ago. We rarely talk. I hear from one brother a couple times a year. The others...it has been YEARS! What hurts is that they KNOW my situation with my son and because of his need for 24/7 supervision I can only

work part time while he is in school...we are WELL below poverty. I cannot afford long distance charges or a cell phone plan. And to top it all off the state says I owe them $2500 bc they over paid me in foodstamps last year................I SOOOO want off public assistance, but now they would put a lien against my house to get their money...I had no idea it was a LOAN! I am just trying to make ends meet and feed my kids...special diet for my son? OUT the window. Don't get me started on the school system...............