RemedySpot.com

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Dyanne

I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you back. The last time you posted you were having swallowing difficulties and I feared you'd maybe been hospitalized or something.

You were then at about three weeks after stopping Lipitor and the pain was getting worse - just like mine did at the same stage. Zocor also trashed my muscles but I don't know how much effect it had on my walking (because I had had a stroke and didn't have time to recover from that before the statins kicked in). Certainly my arm muscles have recovered from being almost non-existent.

So how long is it now since you stopped the Lipitor? I'm off to look up fibromyalgia.

Pam

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone. OK, I have a question for you all. How would you feel if your child who has Autism and a seizure disorder was put on meds and then those meds were increased. Then, your child starts to have different behaviors at school like not participating, being noncompliant, defiant and just not finding the pleasure that he once found in school and was very tired all the time and lethargic and practically tripping over his feet, and having trouble staying awake. And so, the teacher asked tells you about it, and you say you will call the dr and you do, and the dr says it would not be the risperdal doing this at all. So, you tell the teacher. You then tell the teacher 2 other times when this is brought up that you will call the dr and you do and tell the teacher 2 other times that the Nurse and you talked and she talked to the dr and the dr said this would not be doing that to the child. Then, you get a call from the nurse at the neuro office that just talked to his teacher and asked her the same question about the meds and told her the same things about the behavior difference? What would you think? How would you feel? Is this right or wrong? This happened to me tonight and I did sign a thing saying that info on s health, meds etc can be released and all, so it is not like she could not call because i have given the school my permission, but still! And there is more that happened on Friday that I am feeling uncomfortable about, but I will share that later. I was going to post it today and just did not get around to it and I am so tired of thinking about it now, that I am going to wait for a bit.

StacieAOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

Hi Stacie,

We started on risperdal .25ml each night about a month ago. It has helped some but we were still having a lot of aggression even though it seems like it would take him longer to work up to it and he would let somethings go without having a fit. The Dr. just upped his to .5ml at night and she said we could give him another .25 in the morning if this isn't enough. I can tell that it makes very tired because he sleeps through the night and about an hour after the dose is really ready for bed so I won't be giving the morning dose to him. The only other side effect I've seen so far is increased saliva production and I only see this at night because during the day the Adderall gives him dry mouth so they seem to even each other out. The side effects listed did include the increased saliva production as well as drowsiness so I'm not sure why the doctor says in couldn't cause him to be tired. It may be

rare at a very small dose but I know is very sensitive to meds and small doses can give big reactions. I hope you don't take this wrong because I only wanted to let you know what my Dr. said and how reacts to this particular med. It sounds like you are having such a bad experience with the school and teacher this year and I really feel badly for you. Just remember that you know the best! I will keep you both in my prayers. Kellie

Subject: QuestionTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 3:24 AM

Hello everyone. OK, I have a question for you all. How would you feel if your child who has Autism and a seizure disorder was put on meds and then those meds were increased. Then, your child starts to have different behaviors at school like not participating, being noncompliant, defiant and just not finding the pleasure that he once found in school and was very tired all the time and lethargic and practically tripping over his feet, and having trouble staying awake. And so, the teacher asked tells you about it, and you say you will call the dr and you do, and the dr says it would not be the risperdal doing this at all. So, you tell the teacher. You then tell the teacher 2 other times when this is brought up that you will call the dr and you do and tell the teacher 2 other times that the Nurse and you talked and she talked to the dr and the dr said this would not be doing that to the child. Then, you get a

call from the nurse at the neuro office that just talked to his teacher and asked her the same question about the meds and told her the same things about the behavior difference? What would you think? How would you feel? Is this right or wrong? This happened to me tonight and I did sign a thing saying that info on s health, meds etc can be released and all, so it is not like she could not call because i have given the school my permission, but still! And there is more that happened on Friday that I am feeling uncomfortable about, but I will share that later. I was going to post it today and just did not get around to it and I am so tired of thinking about it now, that I am going to wait for a bit.

Stacie

AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

Hi Stacie,I am sorry to hear you are still having such a hard time

with the school. My childrens school complained often about my childs

lethargy. My child could have any number of reasons for being " not

with it " in school,meds included,seizures or lack of sleep. I got so

tired of the school asking me for reasons. I really feel for you and

what you are going through with s school. Stacie is your Dr.

following s Depakote level{labs}? Garhetts Depakote caused him

some strange,adverse reactions and lethargy.

Hugs,best wishes

Tishanne

-- In AutismBehaviorProblems , hawkie6@... wrote:

>

> Hello everyone. OK, I have a question for you all. How would you

feel if

> your child who has Autism and a seizure disorder was put on meds

and then

> those meds were increased. Then, your child starts to have

different behaviors

> at school like not participating, being noncompliant, defiant and

just not

> finding the pleasure that he once found in school and was very

tired all the

> time and lethargic and practically tripping over his feet, and

having trouble

> staying awake. And so, the teacher asked tells you about it, and

you say you

> will call the dr and you do, and the dr says it would not be the

risperdal

> doing this at all. So, you tell the teacher. You then tell the

teacher 2 other

> times when this is brought up that you will call the dr and you do

and tell

> the teacher 2 other times that the Nurse and you talked and she

talked to the

> dr and the dr said this would not be doing that to the child.

Then, you get

> a call from the nurse at the neuro office that just talked to his

teacher

> and asked her the same question about the meds and told her the

same things

> about the behavior difference? What would you think? How would

you feel? Is

> this right or wrong? This happened to me tonight and I did sign a

thing

> saying that info on s health, meds etc can be released and

all, so it is not

> like she could not call because i have given the school my

permission, but

> still! And there is more that happened on Friday that I am

feeling

> uncomfortable about, but I will share that later. I was going to

post it today and just

> did not get around to it and I am so tired of thinking about it

now, that I

> am going to wait for a bit.

> Stacie

> **************AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and

all other

> Holiday needs. Search Now.

> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/

aol?redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from

> -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

>