RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Dr. Nils Bergman in Cherry Hill, NJ 4/25 & 26

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is so valuable to bring up when someone is battling with milk production issues (those break my heart, because they happen to some wonderful mothers) so they can realize that for at least half of the total equation they're providing it all.Margaret Wills

I have heard him speak three times and never tire of the heart and the science he presents. I had a consult with a mom of a preemie born at 33 weeks, BW 3# 12, in NICU for 7 days. I saw the baby on Day 14. Immediately got the Mom/Baby STS, telling her of all the benefits to baby. While I was filling out paperwork and she was viewing a video w/ baby STS, her breasts started to leak. I explained to her, that "Oh, yeah, another side effect was increase in milk pumped/expressed." She was ecstatic! Excited! Thrilled beyond belief that her baby was causing this to happen. We got her hooked up to her pump right away and she pumped more than she had pumped previously. Totally thrilled the mom and she then put on the Kangacarrier and loved it. She went to the bathroom with the baby in the kangacarrier and reported that it was easy to do.

I happened to have brought with me to the consult one of the Kangacarriers that Dr. Bergman sells at his website that I had purchased years ago.

http://www.blessingwayfamily.com/products.html

I have lent it to several parents of preemies for just this purpose and they all report loving it and how simple it makes KMC (difference between STS and KMC is length of time: KMC is usually pretty uninterrupted STS. STS is like a vacation on mom; KMC is living on mom.) for preemies. It is a hard enough sell to parents in our culture who are not used to that kind of intense intimacy w/o giving them a way to do it.

Ann Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.