RemedySpot.com

Charging for no shows

Rate this topic

Guest guest

so beautifully wrote:"And then follow through with your words and policy. This is your gig, you can choose when to be flexible. If a mom calls at 7 instead of 6 are you going to be hardcore? Probably not. But having it straight in your mind first, then communicating your expectations clearly should help reduce waste and help allow you to make positive change in your community. Altman RN, IBCLC, LCCE"My thoughts exactly. Just to add my .02 here. I have had a no show one time: I talked to the Mom the night before the scheduled appt. I take the moms personal history and fill out the forms over the phone so when they get to the office we are not trying to juggle baby who is ready to nurse and forms. Just sign the release and we are ready. Also, we can pause and talk about issues in here personal history, I can then look it over before the appointment and jot down any questions I think of after refection, to ask during the consult. Even if I am seeing the Mom same day I give some things to try before the consult. I was seeing this mom on a Sat am, I was having a dinner party at my house that night. As I waited at my office she did not show up. I called when she was 30 min late and she said the tips I had given her over the phone worked so well she no longer needed the appointment! Insert scream. Sooo, now after I take the Mom's personal history I say, I am going to give you some tips to try now, this now starts our appointment, if you cancel the appointment then I will bill you $50.00, this is my fee for phone consultation and taking your personal history. I have never yet to send a bill. This idea may not work for you but there are 6 LLL groups in our city as well as Mom's place where a Mom can get FREE help. I have been doing FREE help for 10+ years as a LLL Leader so I feel no guilt for charging for my time. These CERPS are not free! :) As per the ethics of IBCLC's I tell the Mom's my fees in the first few seconds of the call so she can make a choice.Mom: Hi, I have a 3 day old boy named Jaw's and have cracked and bleeding nipples.Me: Congratulations! I can see you today at 1:00, I charge $*** for an hour, to an hour and a half consultation. This includes your consult, a chart send to your pedi, and 1 week of phone follow up where I am checking in with you each day to make modifications to our game plan and answer any questions you might have. I have really enjoyed reading everyones responses, now back to Lurking!Ann LLL, IBCLC, RLC