RemedySpot.com

Working out with the Iso-Bow

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For the last few months I had been using the Iso-Bow to cap off my upper body routine, three days a week. It really put the final schamong on my routine, but after 50 minutes of super-setting with weights, Bullworkers, bodyweight, and The Hook , my cup is pretty close to being empty, and I had just enough energy left to get in some Iso-Bow movements.

I have always been a strict adherent of the 48-hour rule, so I do upperbody three days aweek and then my legs and forearms on the days in between. Well, after my forearm workout, I've got energy to spare, so today I worked out with the Iso-Bow and was able to get in the kind of workout I wanted. It felt great to really push that thing for a much longer period of time! I believe I will now continue with this routine; upperbody one day, and then legs, forearms, and the Iso-Bow the next. It kills the 48-hour rule, but what's it going to hurt? I don't think the 48-Hour Police will be paying any calls on me, and the more I participate in fitness forums, the more I hear of people who do everything, everyday, all day long.

One thing I figured out about the Iso-Bow is that you've got to, more or less, be your own teacher. I mean, at least for me, if you try to follow along with , you'll drive yourself coo-coo bananas. It's like, wait a minute! How did he do that?! I found it best to view the videos a couple of times (and jabber's, for that matter) and get a feel for what 's doing, and then get to practicing and make it your own. Something I learned is to identify muscles or muscle groups you want to hit, and then start moving the Iso-Bow around to find them. With a bit of experimenting, you'll find just the right positions that most effectively hit the areas you want to hit. And then once you've got a pretty good feel for what you're doing, you can go back and view the tapes again.