RemedySpot.com

Re: Presentation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm in Canada- how can I purchase one the the Isokinator Pro models?

Presentation

Hello,My name is Didier, and I live in France. I have joined this group a few weeks ago.I bought a Bullworker X5 in the eighties, when I was 18 year old. I liked so much the BW exercices that I used it every day from 30min to one hour, and I was quite satisfied with the results. Every week I could note muscle growth and increase in strength. I kept using it for 3 years.Then, during my studies, I moved to a campus with a gym & free weights. I also liked it, but not so much as BW. Also, as I was training by myself, I had to be very cautious - a big advantage with BW is that there is no risk of injury.So, when I finished my studies, I came back to BW. I found it better than free weights to develop strength and speed, but not as good for muscle volume. All the same, the muscle volume obtained with BW was quite sufficient for me.I read on another post that BW was better for upper body than for legs. This is also my experience. I was satisfied with the results I got for legs, but less than for upper body. I think that for legs I preferred the gym.I am now over 40, quite in good shape, and recently, I have tried a new device by BW's inventor, Mr. Koelbel. It is called Isokinator, a small device designed for iso-motion exercises. I first tried the Isokinator Pocket, but I was disappointed by the cheap plastics - it broke in a few days. I was refunded without problem. Then I bought the Isokinator Pro. This one is quite solid, and more pleasant to use. I am astonished by this little device. With only 7 exercises every 2 days (i.e. around 10 minutes in average per day!), all muscle groups are sollicited, and it is also good for breath and heart, with a heart rate which is more or less constant during the 20 minute routine. I would recommend it for fitness, for women, and for people over 40 who want to remain in good shape. What I think of Isokinator vs. BW:+ : Isokinator requires less time than BW for obtaining results, as one exercise activates many muscles+ : Isokinator is better than BW X5 for fitness (I observed that my weekly jogging is easier now), coordination, and for women (I do not know Steelbow or Lady BW)+ : you can easily take it on travel- : Isokinator exercises are quite difficult: it is painful, and I do not find them as pleasant as BW ones- : I am not sure that Isokinator is as good as BW for developing strength, but other feedback would be required on this- : If you enjoy long training and that you have enough time, Isokinator is not for you, as it is difficult (and useless according to Koelbel) to train more than 20 minutes with itIt is said that you do not need warm up with Isokinator. I tend not to agree: I tried without warm up and my elbows did not like it. I had to stop for ten days because of that. My program now consists in 20 minutes Isokinator Pro every two days, as I do not have much time. Some week-ends, when I feel like it and that I have time, I still very much enjoy a one-hour BW session.In conclusion, I would say that for people who don't know BW or Isokinator Pro, and who are hesitating spending money on them because their doubt their efficiency, well, I think they are quite worth their price. With the equivalent of a few months of gym subscription, you get a long-lasting device that is safer than weights, at least as good for developing strength, and quite satisfactory for muscle growth unless you want to look like a body-builder. Of course you get the results if you practise: if you are not self-disciplined (i.e. that you do not enjoy training so much), then gym might be better as there are other people training with you.That's all; thank you for reading me.By the way, I do not know Steelbow, nor the quality/price ratio of devices sold by , but I appreciate very much 's ability to communicate clearly and with respect. To me, it is an important part of a good service.So long, and enjoy BW related devices!Didier