RemedySpot.com

Re: harness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Laurie.I actually have one in the clinic.  I've tried it with a very weak paraparetic dog and found that it is, yes, very supportive and ergonomic, but also of fairly thick material.  It also doesn't support the back end very well and so might not have been most appropriate for the dog that we tried it with.  I'm working with the company in giving them feedback for improvements on the design and other options.   (I've also found that it's pretty pricey!)It's honestly another option that might be appropriate in some cases.  I keep a full supply of adjustable carts, Walkabouts, Walkabellies, slings, and Bottoms Ups as I've found that with the variety of body types and disabilities and diagnoses that we're working with that one assistive device doesn't always "fit" through the course of rehabilitation.Amie  Amie Lamoreaux Hesbach, MSPT, CCRP, CCRTFor Paws Rehabilitation at the Mid-Atlantic Animal Specialty HospitalHuntingtown, land, USAwww.forpawsrehabilitation.comwww.vetmash.comwww.caninerehabinstitute.com Is anyone using this?  www.petsupportsuit.com .If so I would love to know what you think. Laurie McCauley, DVMTOPS Veterinary RehabilitationGrayslake, ILdrmctops-vet-rehabwww.tops-vet-rehab.com 

Guest guest

Amie,

where do you get your adjustable carts from? I haven't tried the

bottoms up sling yet but I think that I will give it a try. I do

like the walk about harnesses but find that the rear harness often

slips caudally.

Patti Triola, PT, CCRT

>

> >

> > Is anyone using this? www.petsupportsuit.com .

> >

> > If so I would love to know what you think.

> >

> >

> >

> > Laurie McCauley, DVM

> >

> > TOPS Veterinary Rehabilitation

> >

> > Grayslake, IL

> >

> > drmc@...

> >

> > www.tops-vet-rehab.com

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Patti and all.

I've got a "cart nest" from K9 Carts West-- four carts of various sizes that will adjust in height and length. They're great for therapy in-house and to trial a cart for home. (We even rent them to our clients.) It takes at least 2-3 weeks to get a custom cart and there are always those few pups that might benefit, but I'm not willing to put them in a cart "for good". I've actually seen some progress in pups that are just given the independence (modified) of a cart to run and play in, though we never exclusively use the cart for therapy-- they've got to do it "the hard way" too! (It's all about timing!)

I believe Eddie's Wheels was working on an adjustable cart as well.

Amie

-------------- Original message --------------

Amie, where do you get your adjustable carts from? I haven't tried the bottoms up sling yet but I think that I will give it a try. I do like the walk about harnesses but find that the rear harness often slips caudally. Patti Triola, PT, CCRT> > >> > Is anyone using this? www.petsupportsuit.com .> >> > If so I would love to know what you think.> &gt

;> >> >> > Laurie McCauley, DVM> >> > TOPS Veterinary Rehabilitation> >> > Grayslake, IL> >> > drmc@...> >> > www.tops-vet-rehab.com> >> >> >> >> >>

Guest guest

Are the handles adjustable length on this harness? That is the biggest problem that I have with other slings and harnesses. They work great for my height but taller owners have a real issue when they aren't adjustable. Patti"Dr. Laurie McCauley" wrote: Is anyone using this? www.petsupportsuit.com . If so I would love to know what you think. Laurie McCauley, DVM TOPS Veterinary Rehabilitation Grayslake, IL drmctops-vet-rehab www.tops-vet-rehab.com

Guest guest

Hi Patti.

Yes, they are adjustable length. Kind of a slide adjustment with the nylon strap and buckle, similar to a backpack strap adjustment.

Amie

-------------- Original message --------------

Are the handles adjustable length on this harness? That is the biggest problem that I have with other slings and harnesses. They work great for my height but taller owners have a real issue when they aren't adjustable.

Patti"Dr. Laurie McCauley" <DrMcTops-vet-rehab> wrote:

Is anyone using this? www.petsupportsuit.com .

If so I would love to know what you think.

Laurie McCauley, DVM

TOPS Veterinary Rehabilitation

Grayslake, IL

drmctops-vet-rehab

www.tops-vet-rehab.com

Guest guest

thank you!forpawsrehab@... wrote: Hi Patti. Yes, they are adjustable length. Kind of a slide adjustment with the nylon strap and buckle, similar to a backpack strap adjustment. Amie -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Patti Triola, PT, CCRT" <patpt1sbcglobal (DOT) net> Are the

handles adjustable length on this harness? That is the biggest problem that I have with other slings and harnesses. They work great for my height but taller owners have a real issue when they aren't adjustable. Patti"Dr. Laurie McCauley" <DrMcTops-vet-rehab> wrote: Is anyone using this? www.petsupportsuit.com . If so I would love to know what you think. Laurie McCauley, DVM TOPS Veterinary Rehabilitation Grayslake, IL drmctops-vet-rehab www.tops-vet-rehab.com

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

Dear Vet Boy

it amazes me how many clients come in with a recommendation from their local petsmart or pet supplies plus, etc, that harnesses across the shoulder are the best

why just last night the cashier at the grocery store raised my lipitor dose!

I'm sure we'll get some great recs-I like the harnesses that have a circle around the neck, one around the chest, and a ventral and dorsal perpendicular connecting strap

harness

I would like a recommendation on a no-pull harness for dogs<25#. Obviously, I would like to see this not restrict shoulder movement.

Guest guest

I like premier's easywalk harness. It doesn't take

anytime for the dog to get used to, only the owner to

get used to putting it on! It reduces the pulling

siginficantly. I do tell the owners that it does work

100% of the time but there is great improvement.

Combs RVT, CCRP

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

I meant to put that it does not work 100% of the time...sorry.

>

> I like premier's easywalk harness. It doesn't take

> anytime for the dog to get used to, only the owner to

> get used to putting it on! It reduces the pulling

> siginficantly. I do tell the owners that it does work

> 100% of the time but there is great improvement.

> Combs RVT, CCRP

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/

category.php?category=shopping

>