RemedySpot.com

Time to raise a fundamental question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It may be time to ask whether the issue is really to make the days of abstinence as short as possible, or if we are dealing with untested assumptions? When we began offering the Ovulation method in St. Louis we invited acceptors to a group session. What we heard was that the women, who had been using the pill up to that point, were initially afraid of their husband’s reactions if they told them “no”. they discovered that the spouses were quite amenable to waiting until the fertile phase had passed, and were not standing there with a stop watch. We had similar feedback in Kenya, when a woman told us I’m not saying ‘no” I’m saying WE are fertile.. What are some of your experiences with asking couples to wait (I don’t use the word abstain… ) Hanna KlausFrom: nfpprofessionals [mailto:nfpprofessionals ] On Behalf Of rbamer2@...Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:40 AMTo: nfpprofessionals Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: NFP from pulpit..help with wording? Dear Len, thank you for your gracious reply. As someone who made it through med school and residency within the last 15 years and never heard a peep about NFP or the ability for women to monitor their cervical mucus, BBTs or perform urinary hormonal testing, I for one am thankful for you helping to disseminate Dr Browns findings, and for all the others in this group who have made such great contributions to the field as well. I have read Types of ovarian activity in women and their significance: the continuum and also A Study of Returning Fertility After Childbirth and During Lactation by Measurement of Urinary Estrogen and Pregnanediol Excretion and Cervical Mucus Production. Are there any other articles which you feel we should read?How does the Brown Monitor differ from the Clearblue or Persona monitors?If we want to convince medical professionals to learn about and offer NFP in their practices, it would be good for all of us to study the hormonal changes which create the readily observable fertile signs. This science, if further developed and made readily understandable to physicians and NFP Instructors alike, would unite all of the various NFP methods. One could still teach most people, i.e., a variant of the ovulation method, and it would suffice. But as the situation changes for the woman (the continuum) or for the " forgotten women of NFP " there would be other options. Of course, I realize that all of our methods have attempted to adapt our rules for patients who have special circumstances and the efficacy of these adaptations need to be further studied.I would look forward to a conference where your work would be summarized or reviewed again for those of us who are just beginning this journey.Blessings to you and your work, Dr Peck, MD, CCD, Marquette NFP InstructorSent via BlackBerry by AT & T Sender: nfpprofessionals Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 17:48:08 +1200To: <nfpprofessionals >ReplyTo: nfpprofessionals Subject: Fwd: Re: NFP from pulpit..help with wording? --- Re: NFP from pulpit..help with wording? Yes in principle.With PdG a single value will give you the answer but with the BBT you must have daily measurements and then if the BBT increase following a mucus patch was small and lasted a single day it might be difficult to interpret. However, I leave the BBT experts to discuss this.Len Blackwell Wouldn't the elevation or non-elevation of the basal temperature after a mucus patch accomplish the same thing? Kippley