RemedySpot.com

Re: why treat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tonni I'm not sure about anyone else but my hubby chose to treat because the illness of treatment may sound bad but compared to the fact of how he was feeling all the time in the long run it levels out. Plus if treatment works he will be with us longer. They figure he has had it since he was in Vietnam in the early 70's but it didn't manifest itself until 2000. He went thru 1 year of treatment and responded well at the time but over the last 7 years his levels continued to rise out of control. On a recent visit for more testing the dr told him that his liver is rapidly going "south" (as he put it -meaning he is borderline to failure) and that if it wasn't treated he wouldn't be around much longer. We discussed it a lot and decided that it was in his best interest despite the side effects to go with the treatment. We also have a special needs child - an 18 year old in a wheelchair and granted it ends up being a lot on us but the end benefit will be worth it if he responds.

Life is too short for what if's, jump in with both feet and go for it.Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

The

decision to treat or not is an individual decision each of us has to make based

on financial ability, work schedules, family situation, and tons of other

factors. As genotype 1, I had a 50/50 chance to clear.

Knowing that tx could be very rough, my thought process was that there aren’t

enough livers to go around now & there’d be even less later if mine

got totally destroyed. The hvc wasn’t going away on its own &

it had been hanging around 20-25 years already so I was lucky not to have more

damage. I had a 15 year old daughter at home that could help out if I did

tx then & wouldn’t have anyone if I waited for her to get out of high

school. I’d been at my job a long time, so it was less likely they’d

get rid of me if I had to miss some work. I was scared. I told the

doc the worst case was I’d be too sick from tx & lose my job, my car,

my house, etc. He looked at me sympathetically and said, no, , the

worst case is you have to stop treatment. A light came on and I went DUH!

So I went for it, knowing I could stop if it was going to wreck my life,

knowing the benefit was that if I cleared, my family & I wouldn’t

have to face ESLD down the road. As it turned out, I worked overtime the

whole year (not much else), but I finished and it didn’t effect my job.

The only thing I gave up was church because I chose to rest during that time

instead.

Everyone

doesn’t have horrible sides that make them quit their life. Many of

the sides are more of an annoyance. Clearing the virus and saving our

livers is what makes it worth it. It’s only 6-12 months out of a

lifetime.

why treat

as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why

anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being

sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work,

boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss.....

I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a

husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special

needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26

days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already -

but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week driving to

clinics

what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when

i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and

seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it

10 years and never knew it??????????????????????????????????

seriously confused as to what, why

Tonni

Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too

WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.

I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light.

athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to.

He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more

understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room

without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little

things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

how do you know what your chance of clearing is...i only know that i am 5000 over treat/don't treat?????????

Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

[HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] why treat

as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work, boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss.....

I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already - but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week driving to clinics

what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????? ????????? ????????? ??????

seriously confused as to what, why

Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

so he treated, responded/retested clear?????, and now it has come up again???

I thought if you treated and tested clear you were clear, done, for the rest of your life??????????

I am the stay at home parent to care for my son that can't do anything unless I help him; I can't not help him.

The only change I notice is that I have had 4 head colds this year vs. maybe one a year; I have swelling to where I had to cut my rings off, I sweat like a pig most of the time, and I get small areas on the outer sides of my hands that the skin cracks and becomes itchy....but all are manageable. And when I went to GI doc, he said those were all different things for a gen doc to manage; therefor not related.

I'm just lost with yes, treating is what all would want to do, but thes treatments would make me choose food or meds, taking care of kids or myself....sure long term, I need to be here for my kids, but short term has to come 1st. It sucks, but truly I do not know how I can do both, financially or physically.

Tonni I'm not sure about anyone else but my hubby chose to treat because the illness of treatment may sound bad but compared to the fact of how he was feeling all the time in the long run it levels out. Plus if treatment works he will be with us longer. They figure he has had it since he was in Vietnam in the early 70's but it didn't manifest itself until 2000. He went thru 1 year of treatment and responded well at the time but over the last 7 years his levels continued to rise out of control. On a recent visit for more testing the dr told him that his liver is rapidly going "south" (as he put it -meaning he is borderline to failure) and that if it wasn't treated he wouldn't be around much longer. We discussed it a lot and decided that it was in his best interest despite the side effects to go with the treatment. We also have a special needs child - an 18 year old in a wheelchair and granted it ends

up being a lot on us but the end benefit will be worth it if he responds.

Life is too short for what if's, jump in with both feet and go for it.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Tonni, all the reasons you listed should be the same reasons you should treat. I had to stop treatment,but I am going to try again, it scares me I live alone, in the country, I have only myself to depend on for surviving that includes in any illness..Dogs haven't learned how to cook yet, or call for help should I need it. Not everyone responds the same way, FMLA protects your job . If we live in the same area i would help. Put your faith in God and let him lead you in the right direction. If you chose not to, then so be it. As long as you are Happy with your decision. I guess we should be grateful that we are able to make that decision treat now or later, with some things there is no option. good luck to you, and the offer still stands. DonnaTonni Brende wrote: as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work, boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss..... I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already - but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week driving to clinics what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is

treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????????????????????????????? seriously confused as to what, why Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever

grateful. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

WOW it sounds like you r very strong, it's our own choice. As I told my daugther it's my body & as she let me know it was her home for 9mo. I care for my bother who is smi 24-7 job my husband has pvd had his frist heart bypass in 2000 also most lost his r leg had a bypass on it in dec 14 07. One thing I have learned is if i don't take care of me when i get the chance I can't take care of others. Iam 45 i did treatment for 28 weeks didn't work for me i am slideing into a stage 3 i have two geno type 1a & 1b the next treatment that might work will not be out for 1-3 yrs I'll be the frist in line but that's my choice. there r a lots of resorces out there to help with maybe some of the driving. look around for good things for your liver get all the info. you can. If you choose not to be treatment please look at all the options. in 2000 they told me it was doorment i would never have

any problems. from about 2003 and on little things started to happen i just thought i was getting older tried all the time jonit aches they counldn't understand wht these things were happening my liver wasn't filtering right so the rest of my body wasn't very happy.All I am asking is pay attion to the do's and don'ts and listen to your body. stay strong! and if u need us we r here always a DRAGON

SLAYER LINDA H.gail wrote: Before you decide not to get treatment,find out through a

biopsy just how much damage is done to your liver.I waited 30 yrs and 25 of them I had no choice because it wasn't diagnosed yet.I have no control of my bowels,I can choke on drinking a glass of water just as easy as eating cause I have a spastic asauphigus and hiadia hernia and when they both decide to close at the same time I can't breath.I have ostio and am in pain because of this disease.I always took care of myself so I only had stage and grade 1 fibrosis when I had my biopsy in 97,but look at all the other fun I have because of having this disease for so long.I had to quit work at 47 because of this disease. Gail -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

[mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Tonni BrendeSent: January 8, 2008 7:47 PMTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Subject: why treat as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work, boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss..... I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already -

but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week driving to clinics what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????????????????????????????? seriously confused as to what, why Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy-

He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. LINDA

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Before you decide not to get treatment,find out through a biopsy just how much damage is done to your liver.I waited 30 yrs and 25 of them I had no choice because it wasn't diagnosed yet.I have no control of my bowels,I can choke on drinking a glass of water just as easy as eating cause I have a spastic asauphigus and hiadia hernia and when they both decide to close at the same time I can't breath.I have ostio and am in pain because of this disease.I always took care of myself so I only had stage and grade 1 fibrosis when I had my biopsy in 97,but look at all the other fun I have because of having this disease for so long.I had to quit work at 47 because of this disease.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Tonni BrendeSent: January 8, 2008 7:47 PMTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Subject: why treat

as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work, boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss.....

I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already - but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week driving to clinics

what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it??????????????????????????????????

seriously confused as to what, why Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

My

VL was only 146000. My doc said I could treat or not. I insisted on

treating. I wanted to kill it before it got bigger. As far as I’m

concerned, anything over undetectable is a treat level. Those buggers

multiply quickly & I wasn’t waiting for it to happen.

Whether

you treat or not is your personal decision, Tonni, but call the doctor and ask

for copies of all your lab reports. Find out your genotype and get a copy

of your viral load so you’ll know for sure.

Re:

why treat

805000 i believe is what it was...it was just barely

over the treat level and even though a bunch of blood work was done, I do not

know anything more than that

I was type 2 stage 2 with a VL of 2,000,000.00. 6 months of Riboviron/Interferon I cleared at 3 months and now after 7 months my Dr told me my VL is what they consider undetectable at 2000. It was one of the most difficult things ever and am still taxed out with my abdomen swollen a bit. But, I feel better about what my future chances are. To each there own Motley wrote: My VL was only 146000. My doc said I could treat or not. I insisted on treating. I wanted to kill it before it got bigger. As far as I’m concerned, anything over undetectable is a treat level. Those buggers multiply quickly & I wasn’t waiting for it to happen. Whether you treat or not is your personal decision, Tonni, but call the doctor and ask for copies of all your lab reports. Find out your genotype and get a copy of your viral load so you’ll know for sure. -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of Tonni BrendeSent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:01 PMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: why treat 805000 i believe is what it was...it was just barely over the treat level and even though a bunch of blood work was done, I do not know anything more than that

That means the virus is still active,so how much longer do they plan on keeping you on treatment.You took longer then usual to get the viral load down,so treatment will probably run accordingly.If you are genotype one this is where they should start treatment for 48wks.If you are genotype 2 or 3 then treatment should start here for 6 months.Let us know what the doctor says.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of john carreSent: January 9, 2008 7:18 PMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: why treat I was type 2 stage 2 with a VL of 2,000,000.00. 6 months of Riboviron/Interferon I cleared at 3 months and now after 7 months my Dr told me my VL is what they consider undetectable at 2000. It was one of the most difficult things ever and am still taxed out with my abdomen swollen a bit. But, I feel better about what my future chances are. To each there own Motley wrote:

My VL was only 146000. My doc said I could treat or not. I insisted on treating. I wanted to kill it before it got bigger. As far as I’m concerned, anything over undetectable is a treat level. Those buggers multiply quickly & I wasn’t waiting for it to happen.

Whether you treat or not is your personal decision, Tonni, but call the doctor and ask for copies of all your lab reports. Find out your genotype and get a copy of your viral load so you’ll know for sure.

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of Tonni BrendeSent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:01 PMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: why treat

805000 i believe is what it was...it was just barely over the treat level and even though a bunch of blood work was done, I do not know anything more than that

Tonni ~~ Making the decision to treat or not to treat is a choice that each person has to make for themselves and their circumstances. This is my experience: When I first learned I had Hep C in April 2002, I did some research -- mostly about the treatment, not the disease, and decided not to treat at that time. I didn't have any liver damage and the sides scared me more than the disease. I also had known a few people that had had difficult times in tx and some did not clear. So, I decided to wait and see what happened. They did recommend a 5 year biopsy in 2007. So, when the time rolled around, I did the biopsy. My liver had started

to be damaged with Stage 1 (scarring) Grade 2 (inflammation). This is still mild disease, but the damage was progressing. So, I decided to do some more research and actually checked more into the effects of what liver damage/cirrhosis/end stage liver disease/transplant was like. By taking a look at the horrors...I just don't want to get sick like that. So, I did more research into the tx. It has improved since 2002. Of course, there still is a lot of potential sides with the tx, I began to fear the disease more than I feared tx. So, last week I began tx and have been very fortunate that it has not been real difficult, at least so far. Mostly, it is nausea (which I control with ginger) and some tiredness. Anyway, that's what motivated me and changed my decision. I hope this is helpful for

you. I don't remember reading if you had a liver biopsy or not. But, as you probably have learned by now, it is the only way to tell the actual condition of the liver. You might consider one if you have not had one. At least this would give you a benchmark on the progression of the disease if you decide just to monitor it's progress. In the early stages, fortuantely this is a slow moving disease, but as already mentioned to you, there are a ton of reasons to treat early. Blessings, Tonni Brende wrote: as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work, boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss..... I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from 26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself, mostly, already - but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5 days a week

driving to clinics what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to even be sick when it aint scheduled i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????????????????????????????? seriously confused as to what, why Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He

can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is

treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and

never knew it??????????????????????????????????

You are not the only one!!

I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B

when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B

up until 1998 and the insurance thang.

Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for,

Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load

and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper

right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains

that come with aging

I believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow

Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in those

that do

I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell

for C treatment, no thanks!!

We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a

large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......

Roy

That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if you gotting treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up to be HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I tried.seatacone wrote: i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it??????????????????????????????????You are not the only one!!I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B up until 1998 and the insurance thang.Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for, Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains that come with agingI believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in

those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......Roy

That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if you gotting treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up to be HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I tried.seatacone wrote: i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it??????????????????????????????????You are not the only one!!I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B up until 1998 and the insurance thang.Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for, Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains that come with agingI believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in

those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......Roy

, I'm VickieG. I've been a member here but haven't participated lately. I am in week 29 of treatment, am nondetectable since week 12 and will hopefully finish treatment by the end of May. I read all the horror stories after finding out that I have Hep C and was scared to start treatment, by the way, i'm 58. I learned after starting treatment that the list of sides are a list compiled from all patients who have had side effects from treatment. No one person has had all the side effects. You may have some of them or none of them or a lot of them. Don't worry about the sides of treatment, (worry causes complications of treatment). Everyone is different. Some have a hard time

throughout while others have mild side effects. You can't know which you will have, until you go into treatment. Expect the worst and be thankful if your sides are light. One of your rewards will be that sometime during your treatment you will be able to help someone else, who is afraid to go into treatment, maybe even saving his/her life. Hep A and Hep B are totally different viruses from Hep C. One does not grow into another. One just complicates the other due to the different treatments for each or the fact that you can't go into treatment for one until the other is resolved. I'm glad to hear that you are going into treatment for HCV. Your liver can go into ESLD (end stage liver disease) without you ever knowing it's there. No symptoms may be felt during this process. And, the earlier you go into treatment the more possible that the HCV will become nondetectable early into

treatment. I wish you and others God speed in your treatment. Jump in with both feet armed with the great information that you gather here on this site, ask your dr. good questions. Once you are on treatment, be sure to rest a lot, even on days that you may feel really good and drink lots of water to flush out your system. Hugs, VickieG

Re: Re: why treat

That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if you gotting treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up to be HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I tried.seatacone <seataconemsn (DOT) com> wrote:

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????? ????????? ????????? ??????You are not the only one!!I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B up until 1998 and the insurance thang.Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for, Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains that come with agingI believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine

but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......Roy

>

> That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if you gotting

treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up to be

HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long

life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the

treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I trie

Certainly didn't mean to imply each person shouldn't do what they

deem necessary with regard to treatment.

My Hep B did not grow up to be Hep C, two different animals, possibly

piggy back with the Hep C who knows.

Up until recently the only Rx for any Hepatitis was bed rest so I had

only one treatment option in 1975

Would be interested to know the difference between cured and cleared.

Roy

Hep C atacks us all in diffent ways, its seems that maybe u r one of the lucky ones but if u have not followed up on it then u have no idea what damage is r has been done. people die of heart atacks not blockage, but then some get lucky and just have strokes. just a little thought. linda h seatacone wrote: i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it??????????????????????????????????You are not the only one!!I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B up until 1998 and the insurance thang.Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for, Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains that come with agingI believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow

Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......RoyLINDA

A

or B do not turn into C. They are all totally separate. Before they named C,

they called it non A non B, but it was not related to either.

Re:

That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if

you gotting treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up

to be HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long

life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the

treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I tried.

there is No cure for Hepc at this point..you will always have the antibodies...the virus is not mutating..or active, no further liver damage...you are considered clear <50 copies, as far as I know this is the lowest they can detect it...PatMc

>> That is good for you to say that, But do you thank if you gotting treatment when you had HAV and HBV that it woundn't grow up to be HCV. Because myself I'm going into treatment, Because I have a long life to live for me and my family member. I pray to God that the treatment will work for me. If it don't I know that I trieCertainly didn't mean to imply each person shouldn't do what they deem necessary with regard to treatment.My Hep B did not grow up to be Hep C, two different animals, possibly piggy back with the Hep C who knows.Up until recently the only Rx for any Hepatitis was bed rest so I had only one treatment option in 1975Would be interested to know the difference between cured and cleared.Roy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 1/6/2008 11:57 AM

you speak of Old age??,,without tx you wont see old age...also ..my husband had it for 30 yrs and he and his sister died a month apart because they chose not to treat , she was 49, she had only 1 teaspoon measurement of liver function left, he had 7 tumors that were inoperatable and he was 50..we all have choices..I chose to do tx for my family that was left ..Im 57..3 yrs out of tx..and darn glad i did..so are the ones that love me..My largest regret..is those who do try and do not clear..But at least they can say to thier loved ones..I Tried...I was Brave and Im still a survivor! And make the Best of Life ..that i have left..

Re: Re: why treat

Hep C atacks us all in diffent ways, its seems that maybe u r one of the lucky ones

but if u have not followed up on it then u have no idea what damage is r has been done.

people die of heart atacks not blockage, but then some get lucky and just have strokes.

just a little thought.

linda h

seatacone <seataconemsn> wrote:

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age.......Roy

LINDA

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 1/6/2008 11:57 AM

On the Duke University

site, when discussing who to treat, if I understand right, they say peoples disease

may not progress. My doctor said with stage 1 liver damage I could be in

this group, but still recommended treatment cause I was an excellent candidate for

clearing, I am healthy and I have the family support.

Per Duke “Between 30 and 40 percent of patients with chronic

hepatitis C have normal serum aminotransferase levels. These patients usually

have mild disease that is unlikely to progress.” So like said, its okay not to treat as long as you monitor your

liver.

Kim

[mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]

On Behalf Of pat mcbride

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008

8:54 PM

To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

Subject: Re:

you

speak of Old age??,,without tx you wont see old age...also ..my husband had it

for 30 yrs and he and his sister died a month apart because they chose not to

treat , she was 49, she had only 1 teaspoon measurement of

liver function left, he had 7 tumors that were inoperatable and he was

50..we all have choices..I chose to do tx for my family that was left ..Im

57..3 yrs out of tx..and darn glad i did..so are the ones that love me..My

largest regret..is those who do try and do not clear..But at least they can say

to thier loved ones..I Tried...I was Brave and Im still a survivor! And make

the Best of Life ..that i have left..

Re:

Hep C atacks us all in diffent ways, its seems that maybe u r one of

the lucky ones

but if u have not followed up on it then u have no idea what damage is

r has been done.

people die of heart atacks not blockage, but then some get lucky and

just have strokes.

just a little thought.

linda h

seatacone <seataconemsn>

wrote:

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is

never

that do

Roy

LINDA

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

size=2 width="100%" align=center>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 1/6/2008

11:57 AM

What is the normal serum aminotransferase level? Was that something that might have been measured with the initial bloodwork? What is the normal range?

FEM

Re: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Re: why treat

Hep C atacks us all in diffent ways, its seems that maybe u r one of the lucky ones

but if u have not followed up on it then u have no idea what damage is r has been done.

people die of heart atacks not blockage, but then some get lucky and just have strokes.

just a little thought.

linda h

seatacone <seataconemsn (DOT) com> wrote:

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never Hep C to dominate my existence and find a certain morbid humor in those that do I have done the Hep A vaccine but, as far as the snake oil they sell for C treatment, no thanks!!We're all going to die.. some in accidents, many of cardio diseases, a large amount due to cancers, most of old age........Roy

LINDA

size=2 width="100%" align=center>

You just listed all the reasons why you should treat. Everyone depends on you. If you don't take the time for treatment (time to keep yourself living longer) how will your family do without you in the future. It's hard, I know, but your family will have to pitch in and help you during your treatment. It is not a sign of weakness for you to take care of yourself and your family will learn that moms are human too and sometimes need to be taken care of. This disease will kill you before you konw it, if you don't get it stopped. Sides are not necessarily constant and you may not have enough sides to keep you down. However, if you don't treat, you will need a liver

transplant. You will you take the time for that as you will not be able to function at all? Just my thoughts. Hugs, VickieG

why treat

i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is treatment truly worth a year + of ones life. i've had it 10 years and never knew it?????????? ????????? ????????? ??????

seriously confused as to what, why Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the light. athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone, who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach every single one of us that the little things are what are important. He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

i am new to the group my husband has Hep c and i agree with Vickie,

your family needs u, if my husband had done nothing and died i would

have been desvatated because i knew he had a choice and he wanted to

live for me and our kids.. yes it kicked his ass the first 3-4 months

but after a while he did get used to the shot to where it did not

bother him as bad.he also took his shot on the weekend so he could be

home to rest and sleep that first few days, the procrit kick his butt

more than the pegas & Ribavirin go figure.. he said it hurt alot

more, but he to had a choice but he decided to fight to live for his

family. the dr told him the treatment also added another 10+yrs to

his life that he would not have had before which means if he had not

gone on the treatment he would have been dead today but instead we

are growing old together and enjoying our grandchildren.. is the

sickeness worth it.. HECK YES and than some. i know u are thinking

but she did not go thru it and u are right but remember i might not

have gone thru it physically but i sure did mentally right along side

of him, and yes i can relate becuase i have MS so i am also on

interferons so i do know first hard how sick they can make u,

remember u will not be sick forever and if u let your mind think u

will be that sick than u probalby will be. do not go into it that way

think ok i know there might be some problems and i will be sick while

my body gets used to the meds but i have kids and stuff to do so ok.

now is the time to get treatment because if u wait it might well be

to late for it to have any affect. can u can handle the being sick

for a few months verus beging dead and cannot help anymore.. and how

would your children feel when they grow up to find that their mother

could still be alive today if she had only taken care of herself..

and would still be there for them and the someday grandchildren.. i

am not saying it is going to be easy it is not and remember everyone

does not react the same way.. some might be sick and in bed for days

or the entire week while others might only be sick a day and off they

go. the house can sit and wait to be cleaned it is not going

anywhere. u will learn to adjust your taking the shot to when it

would least affect your responisbilites so that sounds like the

weekend to me.. take it friday and u have the weekend to get feeling

better. yeah my husband dreaed seeing friday because he knew for the

next 2 days he would not feel good but he knew the outcome he was

told he would need a liver transplant or die and they said he would

probably die becuase the waiting list is to long... so please do not

think i am picking on u i am not i am just asking u to reconsider for

not yor sake but for your small children who need their mother. and i

do not want to even think that someday they would blame u for dying

and leaving them alone with no mother becauase u choose not to try to

live for them.. am i being harsh some might think so but denial will

only go so far and when u have faced it it might be to late to turn

the damage around once it is gone it is gone and no amount of meds

will help than.. so sorry if i have insulted u but as a mother who

has a husband i cannot even dream of his not being here for us. he

never even considere no i am not going to try it route course maybe

he was to afraid of me who knows haha.. so please rethink it please.

your children might lose out on u for a few months but a few months

verus a lifetime hummm i would never have to think twice about that

one. again i am sorry if i mad u or anyone else mad that was not my

intention. it is scary but remember not everyone goes thru it the

same it affects everyone different... i am praying u choose life and

the little incovenicne it might cause out weights itself in the long

haul of life. so that is my 2 cents worth..

hugs

janet

>

> You just listed all the reasons why you should treat. Everyone

depends on you. If you don't take the time for treatment (time to

keep yourself living longer) how will your family do without you in

the future. It's hard, I know, but your family will have to pitch in

and help you during your treatment. It is not a sign of weakness for

you to take care of yourself and your family will learn that moms are

human too and sometimes need to be taken care of. This disease will

kill you before you konw it, if you don't get it stopped. Sides are

not necessarily constant and you may not have enough sides to keep

you down. However, if you don't treat, you will need a liver

transplant. You will you take the time for that as you will not be

able to function at all? Just my thoughts. Hugs, VickieG

>

>

> why treat

>

> as i sit here reading everyones posts, I wonder why anyone chooses

to treat? how can anyone function with a family and being sick a day

a week when doing shots? treatments work/treatments don't work,

boils, shingles, liver counts, loadswieght gain/wieght loss.....

> I have 5 kids, 1 that's disabled, 2 under 5, a husband, a house

that don't clean itself, rides to school, docs for my special needs

son, and now our grown son - who by the way not only recovered from

26 days dyin in ICU, but who is walkin and caring for himself,

mostly, already - but still between him and my other son, I spend 3-5

days a week driving to clinics

> what mother hasd time to make herself sick, when i have no time to

even be sick when it aint scheduled

>

> i chose no treatment for now...am i the only one? and seriously is

never knew it?????????? ????????? ????????? ??????

>

> seriously confused as to what, why

>

> Tonni Brende Wife, Mother, Grandma too

> WORRY ABOUT NOTHING...PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.

> I would rather walk with God in the dark, then to walk alone in the

light.

> athan, PVL, ACC, Unknown Leukodystrophy- He can't sit alone,

who wants to. He can't stand alone, who needs to. He can't speak our

language, but is more understood than most. He can melt anger with a

smile. He can quiet a loud room without speaking. And he can teach

every single one of us that the little things are what are important.

He is our gift and we are forever grateful.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Roy, you are so right that most of us will die WITH

hcv and not OF it. We are not promised tomorrow and any one of us could

have our number called today. I don’t obsess about or let my hcv

control me. When I was diagnosed, I found out exactly where I stood medically

and made the best decision for me based on the facts at hand. Now I know

that one of those other things – accident, cancer, cardio – will be

the death of me rather than ESLD caused by HCV.

You

don’t have that knowledge because you say you haven’t investigated

your medical situation. Many people with HCV don’t know it until

they have progressed to ESLD. If you had “non-A, non-B”, that

would have been in the 80’s or very early 90’s. In 1998 the

insurance said you had C, so I don’t think you spontaneously cleared.

If you’re comfortable with not knowing where you stand, that’s a

personal decision.

I

do know people who have died from it, I know people right now who are in the

process of dying from it, and that’s not the way I want to go.

You

are not the only one!!

I was diagnosed in 1998 while applying for life insurance. I had Hep-B

when I was 16 years old and since have been diagnosed with non A non B

up until 1998 and the insurance thang.

Being 52 now, I can only guess I have been carrying this virus for,

Hmmmm. 36 years.... I have not had a biopsy, do not know my viral load

and really don't care. Only symptoms are occaisional dull pain in upper

right abdomen and... really nothing else aside from the aches and pains

that come with aging

I believe I will die with the disease, not of it. I refuse to allow

that do

Roy