RemedySpot.com

viral load

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't say for sure Yes that is alot for that amount of time, or no. But I can say It is normal for the viral count to go up or down.

d

viral load

i have never posted on this group. i do sit back and read posts almost everyday. we were told of my husbands illness in aug of last year. he had blood work done then and his viral load was 1/2 million. he just had more blood work done last week and his viral load is now 1.5 million. we are not sure how long he has had hep c but it seems that is a huge number to climb that high in 5 months. so my question is this is that alot for it to climb in that period of time?

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just made an appt. to see my hep doc, and try tx again. I will

have a viral load drawn in next couple of days. Before I started tx I

was greater than 2 mil, became undectable up until I stopped. I was

wondering if anyone has exp with this, will the viral load be

undectable, higher, or lower? The hep nurse at that time could give me

no answers, can anyone offer me any insight? Of course this time I have

a lot more knowledge, thanks to you all, and intend to be more active

in my plan of care. I'm sure doc will love me hanging my shingle next

to his, he had a good sense of humour before, hope he still does!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Donna

Good luck, Donna. Hugs, VickieG

viral load

I have just made an appt. to see my hep doc, and try tx again. I will have a viral load drawn in next couple of days. Before I started tx I was greater than 2 mil, became undectable up until I stopped. I was wondering if anyone has exp with this, will the viral load be undectable, higher, or lower? The hep nurse at that time could give me no answers, can anyone offer me any insight? Of course this time I have a lot more knowledge, thanks to you all, and intend to be more active in my plan of care. I'm sure doc will love me hanging my shingle next to his, he had a good sense of humour before, hope he still does!Hope everyone has a great day!Donna

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I have never understood any of it, I do have dyslexia and on top of being old it is Greek to me, I found blood work papers I had done in 8/23 /06

direct bili-----0.0

total bilirubin---1.0

indirect bil1.alkaline phos----85

ast (sgot) ---27

alt (sgpt)---45

tprotein ---7.5

albumin--3.9

BASIC METABOLIC PANEL

GLUCOSE--124 DIDN'T THIS SHOW i HAD DIBITIES BACK THEN??

BUN --14

CREATININE--0.8

CA--TOTAL--9.4

SOUDIUM--142

POTASIUM--4.0

C1--102

CO2---30

CBC AND PLATELET/AUTO DIFF

WBC---11.2

RBC--4.59

HGB--15.6

HCT--45.6

MCV--99.3

MCH---34.3

MCHC--34.3

RDW---12.8

PLT CT--275

MPV---7.9

NEUTROPHILA---65.3

LYMPH---6.1

MONOCYTES---6.1

EOSINOPHILA---0.8

BASOPHILS---0.3

NONE OF IT MEANS A THING TO ME. ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT IT MEANS??

I

don’t know what you should expect on that VL now since you did go undetectable

before you quit. I can’t remember why you had to stop before. Will you

remind me?

viral load

I have just made an appt.

to see my hep doc, and try tx again. I will

have a viral load drawn in next couple of days. Before I started tx I

was greater than 2 mil, became undectable up until I stopped. I was

wondering if anyone has exp with this, will the viral load be

undectable, higher, or lower? The hep nurse at that time could give me

no answers, can anyone offer me any insight? Of course this time I have

a lot more knowledge, thanks to you all, and intend to be more active

in my plan of care. I'm sure doc will love me hanging my shingle next

to his, he had a good sense of humour before, hope he still does!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Donna

You

have to also look at the ranges for that lab to see if you were in or out of

range. As for as the glucose, it would make a difference if you were fasting

or not, whether that would be a high number. If you weren’t fasting,

that number wouldn’t be high at all.

Re:

viral load

I have never understood any of it, I

do have dyslexia and on top of being old it is Greek to me, I found blood work

papers I had done in 8/23 /06

direct bili-----0.0

total bilirubin---1.0

indirect bil1.alkaline phos----85

ast (sgot) ---27

alt (sgpt)---45

tprotein ---7.5

albumin--3.9

BASIC METABOLIC PANEL

GLUCOSE--124 DIDN'T THIS

SHOW i HAD DIBITIES BACK THEN??

BUN --14

CREATININE--0.8

CA--TOTAL--9.4

SOUDIUM--142

POTASIUM--4.0

C1--102

CO2---30

CBC AND PLATELET/AUTO DIFF

WBC---11.2

RBC--4.59

HGB--15.6

HCT--45.6

MCV--99.3

MCH---34.3

MCHC--34.3

RDW---12.8

PLT CT--275

MPV---7.9

NEUTROPHILA---65.3

LYMPH---6.1

MONOCYTES---6.1

EOSINOPHILA---0.8

BASOPHILS---0.3

NONE OF IT MEANS A THING TO ME.

ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT IT MEANS??

Hi , I had to stop, my labs got to low, had to have a transfusion, reduced meds,and procrit 3x/wk. Labs weren't getting any better so doc stopped it. At that time i was working 50-60 hours a week so that didn't help. Like i said this time i will play a very active role in the tx. Maybe start out with lower dose and work up, instead of having to go down. I have already asked for copies of my medical records and will use that as a baseline. I know many people have been on tx more than once, so I was curios if they knew the vl each time? Thanks for all input. Hope every one has a great day! Donna Motley wrote: I don’t know what you should expect on that VL now since you did go undetectable before you quit. I can’t remember why you had to stop before. Will you remind me? -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of donnasikes1874Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:12 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: viral load I have just made an appt. to see my hep doc, and try tx again. I will have a viral load drawn in next couple of days. Before I started tx I was greater than 2 mil, became undectable up until I stopped. I was wondering if anyone has exp with this, will the viral load be undectable, higher, or lower? The hep nurse at that time could give me no answers, can anyone offer me any insight? Of course this time I have a lot more knowledge, thanks to you all, and intend to be more active in my plan of care. I'm sure doc will love me hanging my shingle next to his, he had a good sense of humour before, hope he still does!Hope everyone has a great day!Donna

Hi , I had to stop, my labs got to low, had to have a transfusion, reduced meds,and procrit 3x/wk. Labs weren't getting any better so doc stopped it. At that time i was working 50-60 hours a week so that didn't help. Like i said this time i will play a very active role in the tx. Maybe start out with lower dose and work up, instead of having to go down. I have already asked for copies of my medical records and will use that as a baseline. I know many people have been on tx more than once, so I was curios if they knew the vl each time? Thanks for all input. Hope every one has a great day! Donna Motley wrote: I don’t know what you should expect on that VL now since you did go undetectable before you quit. I can’t remember why you had to stop before. Will you remind me? -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of donnasikes1874Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:12 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: viral load I have just made an appt. to see my hep doc, and try tx again. I will have a viral load drawn in next couple of days. Before I started tx I was greater than 2 mil, became undectable up until I stopped. I was wondering if anyone has exp with this, will the viral load be undectable, higher, or lower? The hep nurse at that time could give me no answers, can anyone offer me any insight? Of course this time I have a lot more knowledge, thanks to you all, and intend to be more active in my plan of care. I'm sure doc will love me hanging my shingle next to his, he had a good sense of humour before, hope he still does!Hope everyone has a great day!Donna

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

VL

can fluctuate a lot before and during tx. Right now, all you need to be

concerned about is that it goes down once you start tx. Don’t worry about your starting point.

Don’t

forget about how to be prepared for the first shot. Be drinking plenty of

fluids already. Have extra blankets & heating pad ready in case you

get the chills. Have some Ensure or Boost in case you don’t feel

like eating & easy to fix food in case you do. Stock up on household

stuff (t.p., paper towel, paper plates, Tylenol or ibuprofen, groceries, etc)

so you don’t have to worry about that stuff or go out if you don’t

feel like it. You might not feel like going to the store if you’ve

been at work all day.

You’ll

be fine, ! We’re here for you! Janie, aren’t you

starting this week, too?

viral

load

I just have a quick question. In june of '07 my viral

load was 2,400,000 which I was told at the time it was normal. Now its

3,943,950 is it normal to be that high? And have it jump so fast? Could this be

why I feel so crapy all the time? 36 1/2 hours and counting til treatment

starts. I will stay in touch and let you all know how it goes.

D

Guest guest

It is common to have what we call flare ups of the liver.Yes that is probably one of the reasons you feel crappy.Once you at the 12wk mark for treatment the doctor will have a better idea of how treatment is going for you by your viral load.If you get the flu your viral load will act up too.Drink that liquids like your supposed too cause it helps to get some of the toxins out of your system.

Gail

viral load

I just have a quick question. In june of '07 my viral load was 2,400,000 which I was told at the time it was normal. Now its 3,943,950 is it normal to be that high? And have it jump so fast? Could this be why I feel so crapy all the time? 36 1/2 hours and counting til treatment starts. I will stay in touch and let you all know how it goes.

D

Guest guest

I think I have everything that I could need. I am glad I have not started back to work yet but I do go to school 3 days a week. I have talked to all my teachers and they are all supportive and understanding in case I miss calss. I am starting tomorrow so Bob will be home with me all weekend to get me things I need in case I cant go out. I was just wondering if having 4,000,000 of a virus in my body could be what has been making me feel so crappy all the time. D Motley wrote: VL can fluctuate a lot before and during tx. Right now, all you need to be concerned about is that it goes down once you start tx. Don’t worry about your starting point. Don’t forget about how to be prepared for the first shot. Be drinking plenty of fluids already. Have extra blankets & heating pad ready in case you get the chills. Have some Ensure or Boost in case you don’t feel like eating & easy to fix food in case you do. Stock up on household stuff (t.p., paper towel, paper plates, Tylenol or ibuprofen, groceries, etc) so you don’t have to worry about that stuff or go out if you don’t feel like it. You might not feel like going to the store if you’ve been at work all day. You’ll be fine, ! We’re here for you! Janie, aren’t you starting this week, too? viral load I just have a quick question. In june of '07 my viral load was 2,400,000 which I was told at the time it was normal. Now its 3,943,950 is it normal to be that high? And have it jump so fast? Could this be why I feel so crapy all the time? 36 1/2 hours and counting til treatment starts. I will stay in touch and let you all know how it goes. D

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I have not had a biopsy because I have genotype 2 and my dr said its not needed. Plus with my age he says I dont have a lot of damage. All my blood work looks really good except my ALT were 215 which is high. If tx does not work then I will have the biopsy. Take care I hope you are feeling better. Stay stronge D" B." wrote: D. ~~ Any amount of viral load in a person who has Hep C is considered "normal" in the sense it represents you have active virus. I wouldn't be alarmed by the increase. Viral loads can fluctuate on a day to day basis. They do a viral load at the beginning of tx as a benchmark so they will have something to compare it to determine whether the tx is working for you. I know when the viral numbers get bigger, psychologically we are affected. The viral load itself is not an indicator of the stage (amount of damage to your liver) and the grade is reguarding the amount of inflamation ) of your liver and liver disease. To tell those, one has to have a biopsy. I can't seem to recall whether you had one or not. If you haven't had one, made you can suggest for your doc will

order it (it's not a difficult procedure, doesn't hurt but is just a little uncomfortable for a day or so. When you know the stage (1 is mild and 4 is cirrohsis) you have of fibrosis and then the grade (1-4) it will determine the condition of your liver, so you would probably have a better picture of where your health is at and why you feel so bad even before tx. Get a few good nights sleep Wednesday and Thursday to prepare for Friday. I will be praying for you as you start on the next leg of your journey. I'll keep an eye out for you. Best of luck in tx, Doyle <a_doyle07> wrote: I just have a quick question. In june of '07 my viral load was 2,400,000 which I was told at the time it was normal. Now its 3,943,950 is it normal to be that high? And have it jump so fast? Could this be why I feel so crapy all the time? 36 1/2 hours and counting til treatment starts. I will stay in touch and let you all know how it goes. D Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

, another thing. In case your hubby does not cook, have some things in the kitchen that are quick and easy to fix for lunches and dinners. Maybe you can make a casserole today for dinner tomorrow night and hubby can heat it up for you if you are too ill to do it. I suspect that your first shot will be just fine. In that case, you can continue as usual and freeze the casserole for the day that you just can't seem to function. It might happen eventually. It never hurts to be prepared for anything with this virus. You never know when your dragon will strike out. Best of luck with your tx. Hugs, VickieG

[HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] viral load

I just have a quick question. In june of '07 my viral load was 2,400,000 which I was told at the time it was normal. Now its 3,943,950 is it normal to be that high? And have it jump so fast? Could this be why I feel so crapy all the time? 36 1/2 hours and counting til treatment starts. I will stay in touch and let you all know how it goes.

D

Guest guest

I

don’t know that high VL = more symptoms necessarily. I know a few

people with very high VL with no symptoms but fatigue.

RE:

viral

load

I think I have everything that I could need. I am glad

I have not started back to work yet but I do go to school 3 days a week. I have

talked to all my teachers and they are all supportive and understanding in case

I miss calss. I am starting tomorrow so Bob will be home with me all weekend to

get me things I need in case I cant go out. I was just wondering if having

4,000,000 of a virus in my body could be what has been making me feel so crappy

all the time.

D

Guest guest

That is a good thing.Now you can relax and try not to push yourself too hard during treatment.Housework isn't as important as you.You need proper healthy diet and if you work that is probably all you will be able to handle cause work really takes all the energy when on treatment,but you have to eat properly.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DoyleSent: March 6, 2008 8:25 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: viral loadI do have several people on my side through this. They are going to take turns ding the week coming over to check on me. plus they are each going to get a week with me in june when Bob leaves to go to Alaska fishing. I have great support. More than I thought I wouldDonna Sikes wrote:

the first time I tried tx, I worked any where from 40-60 hours per week, I really didn't have any side effects, I was tired but attributed that to the number of hours I worked altho it was also the meds, my hgb was dropping but that was a slow progression. I do remember feeling depressed, again i blamed it on working to much, and not enough sleep So you may not have to worry . I am thinking about tx again, only this time I will monitor my labs and work load closely. The doc or the hep nurse should have told me to slow down, they both knew the hours i worked. I guess what i am getting at, is that sometimes a little knowledge can be dangerous so don't go looking for problems, just let each day take it's course, and the mind is a powerful thing. You are young and that is in your favor. I am glad you have your husband with you, and the best thing you could have done was letting your teachers know. Half the battle is a good support system. Good Luck,and slay that dragon!!!!!

Donna Doyle <a_doyle07> wrote:

Guest guest

You tell your husband that he sounds like he is a good husband like mine is a very good husband.I am glad to hear all this cause I won't worry as much cause you got that at home love.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of DoyleSent: March 6, 2008 7:28 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: viral load

I made a tons of soups the last months or so to get through a few weeks. Bob will cook he is better than me and I am a chef. Friday night we make omemade pizza and then will do the shot. Tonight Bob s cooking whatever I want for my "last supper." In case tx is hard on me.

DVickieG wrote:

, another thing. In case your hubby does not cook, have some things in the kitchen that are quick and easy to fix for lunches and dinners. Maybe you can make a casserole today for dinner tomorrow night and hubby can heat it up for you if you are too ill to do it. I suspect that your first shot will be just fine. In that case, you can continue as usual and freeze the casserole for the day that you just can't seem to function. It might happen eventually. It never hurts to be prepared for anything with this virus. You never know when your dragon will strike out. Best of luck with your tx. Hugs, VickieG

[HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] viral load

D

Guest guest

Sounds like you are having what we call a flare up.I always knew if my viral load was up when I felt like crap.I could tell my doctor how about doing bloodwork cause I think my liver is acting up and sure enough it was.Adding to your problem could also be stress because soon you will be starting treatment,and there is still that fear on what is going to happen.STRESS IS OUR ENEMY.

Hang loose and take care of yourself.

Gail

viral load

D

• 6 months later...

Your viral is 24,500 and when converted to a logarithmic number it is 4.389

viral load

In my other post I am not sure about the viral load I put but the lab report says 24,500 IU/mL and thenHVC....4.389log10 IU/mLDoes that mean his viral load is 24 thousand and 500 ?Thankyou for any help you can give meSharon