RemedySpot.com

Re: Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi in GA ~~ Well it does look like we will be tx buddies after all! I should be starting right about the same time. It is wonderful that you have the support of your husband to help you through these times. It sounds like the Army is a good support to you too. I agree too that this group is great! With all of us united together we can be dragon slayers together! Feel free to write to me anytime at my personal email if you want to talk privately -- bestofmarys57@.... We're in this together! Merry Christmas, wrote: Hi EVERYONE ,I went to the DR yesterday and I got the paper work doneand I got my scrip for the meds and I took it to the army pharmacy andthey have to order it which I knew that ,its not something that youhave in stock for the taking ,lol My husband whent with me and theytold him what to expect and how to try to deal with it . I will goback to the DR on the 4th and they will show me how to give the firstshot ,then I am on my own .I will

have the ready pen ,so thats good nomeasuring .I have to say I am getting so nervous but thats normal and I amgetting things ready aroud the house and getting my ''KIT togetherlike lots of water and a fan some ensure and anything else I WILL need.I just hope for the best .All labs are ok and I will get blood workdone every 2 weeks so thats not too bad the hospital is right here onbase so its very close .I just want to thank all who respond and help me out ,I hope all arewell and fighting .Merry Christmas to all and hope for a better year .love AMANDA IN GA .

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

what genotype are you.Usually for genotype 2 it is 24wks,is that the one you have?

Gail

Update

Hey Everybody ~~

I have not been able to keep up with messages or be active lately and I have missed that. I had to delete alot of messages but now that the inbox is cleaned out hopefully I can keep up again.

I have an update on my tx. The Hepatologist is going to stop my tx at 24 weeks (on June 11th). They have reviewed my case and some new studies and with my set of particulars they feel that the 24 weeks will be okay. I am undectable.

Although I have not had too good a time with physical side effects, I have had it so much easier than many others that I read about here and hear about from doc. They have not been pleasant and I have been having to do regular Procrit shots for red blood cell generation. Anyway, what is more of an issue for me is the mental side effects. Due to medical reasons I am unable to take antidepressants. This has made tx hard for me mentally. I do have Bi-Polar disorder and I know that this interacts with tx. My only concern about stopping is relapsing. But, I have a great medical team and I trust them. I also believe strongly in the power of prayer and there are so many who are praying for me that I am looking for a sustained response.

Thanks for continuing to be here and be supportive for me and so many folks. You guys have saved me in so many ways.

Love ya,

P.S. My log in is for two reasons....my former last name was "Best" and a friend nicknamed me best of marys when that was my last name. the 57 part...it was a good year to be born! I gave myself the gift of tx for my 50th birthday.

Guest guest

They will be keeping a close eye on your bloodwork to make sure you remain undetectable.There is a very high success rate with genotype 2, so your chances are pretty good.

Gail

Update

Hey Everybody ~~

I have not been able to keep up with messages or be active lately and I have missed that. I had to delete alot of messages but now that the inbox is cleaned out hopefully I can keep up again.

I have an update on my tx. The Hepatologist is going to stop my tx at 24 weeks (on June 11th). They have reviewed my case and some new studies and with my set of particulars they feel that the 24 weeks will be okay. I am undectable.

Although I have not had too good a time with physical side effects, I have had it so much easier than many others that I read about here and hear about from doc. They have not been pleasant and I have been having to do regular Procrit shots for red blood cell generation. Anyway, what is more of an issue for me is the mental side effects. Due to medical reasons I am unable to take antidepressants. This has made tx hard for me mentally. I do have Bi-Polar disorder and I know that this interacts with tx. My only concern about stopping is relapsing. But, I have a great medical team and I trust them. I also believe strongly in the power of prayer and there are so many who are praying for me that I am looking for a sustained response.

Thanks for continuing to be here and be supportive for me and so many folks. You guys have saved me in so many ways.

Love ya,

P.S. My log in is for two reasons....my former last name was "Best" and a friend nicknamed me best of marys when that was my last name. the 57 part...it was a good year to be born! I gave myself the gift of tx for my 50th birthday.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Prayers are with you, Tina, how much longer do you have?

Subject: UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 1:06 PM

My hemoglobin came back up .4 g so the doctor isn¢t going to increase my Procrit yet. I¢m at the largest dose now (40 units), but he thinks if my blood doesn¢t settle down he¢d go with 3 injections of 20 units a week. We¢ll see. It sure felt like my hemoglobin was lower.

Anyone else experience an increase of moles while on treatment? I¢m getting lots of small moles, as well as other spots (some light brown, some light red). I may need to see a dermatologist. My asthma has also been flaring a lot lately.

One day at a time.

Guest guest

Thanks so much Sheena.....I feel very blessed to have all of you guys here .....Aug 22nd was originally my final shot day.....but they made me miss a couple.....so I don't know how that works.....I guess I will make up for them at the end? I did my Vl test on the 13th....so I am still waiting for those results.....sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.....

Tina

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The man who kneels to God can stand up to anything.

Subject: UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 1:06 PM

My hemoglobin came back up .4 g so the doctor isn¢t going to increase my Procrit yet. I¢m at the largest dose now (40 units), but he thinks if my blood doesn¢t settle down he¢d go with 3 injections of 20 units a week. We¢ll see. It sure felt like my hemoglobin was lower.

Anyone else experience an increase of moles while on treatment? I¢m getting lots of small moles, as well as other spots (some light brown, some light red). I may need to see a dermatologist. My asthma has also been flaring a lot lately.

One day at a time.

Guest guest

Responding has never been a problem for me; it's sustaining the

response. I was virus free at 3 weeks this treatment and was still

free at 90 days 2 weeks ago. I'm not quite so worried about being on

a lower dose of Ribavirin temporarily.

m

>

>

> ,

> I have been waitingfor someone to mention

> the mole/spots sydrome, yes indeed, I do, 

> but they come and go.

> I have not been on treatment for a year now.

> Have they recently tested your viral load

> or lack there of again?

> Hang in, I know you are having a rough time of it..

>  

> Sheena

Guest guest

Thanks. I know what you mean about treatment buddy. I told my wife

about the chicken pox thing and she mentioned that you're on so many

anti-virals, no virus would have a chance to get started!

m

>

>  

> Hey MIchael,

>  

> You sure have had your share of symptoms this go round.....I am also

having trouble with my blood counts....have to do labs on the

30th....hopefully all will be ok.....I hope that yours will straighten

out soon....I know it makes me feel like a drunk a lot of the

time...lol...and I did have some skin issues but no moles of any

kind....drs were trying to tell me I had chicken pox....of all

things....and now I have developed a very annoying cough.....don't

know what that's all about.....just wanted to check in with you....I

do think of you as my tx buddy since we started the same day....and I

hope that you get some relief very soon...and yes as you say .....it

really is one day at a time with all of us.....I know I haven't been

posting alot lately......but I still say a prayer for

everyone......Take care

>  

> Hugs,

>  

> Tina

Guest guest

Sandy, best to get it checked out. If it is shingles then there is

treatment if you catch it within the first 48 hours.

Shingles tend to be on only one side of your body, usually the flank

area. They are also quite painful.

Blotches sound like an allergy to me...could it be a heat rash?

-S

>

> They're not large and they don't have depth. Dark brown in color. Some

> round, some irregular. I'll ask my doc when I see him next month.

>

> m

>

> From: Hepatitis_C_Central

> [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of

Ruggio

> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:01 PM

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Subject: Re: Re: Update

>

> , I have a lot of brown spots since I got off treatment. I

only had a

> few here and there now, but know there are a lot on my arms. No

moles. I am

> goin to ask my Doc in Sept when I go.

>

> I pray that you feel better.....

>

> Steph

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> The i'm Talkathon starts 6/24/08. For now, give amongst yourselves.

Learn

> More

<http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst>

>

Guest guest

They have been there a long time, not rash like at all. More

like....beauty marks?

brandi

>

> They're not large and they don't have depth. Dark brown in color.

Some

> round, some irregular. I'll ask my doc when I see him next month.

>

> m

>

> From: Hepatitis_C_Central

> [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of

Ruggio

> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:01 PM

> To: Hepatitis_C_Central

> Subject: Re: Re: Update

>

> , I have a lot of brown spots since I got off treatment. I

only had a

> few here and there now, but know there are a lot on my arms. No

moles. I am

> goin to ask my Doc in Sept when I go.

>

> I pray that you feel better.....

>

> Steph

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> The i'm Talkathon starts 6/24/08. For now, give amongst

yourselves. Learn

> More <http://www.imtalkathon.com?

source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst>

>

Guest guest

No spidery lines at all.

brandi

>

> >

>

> > They're not large and they don't have depth. Dark brown in

color.

>

> Some

>

> > round, some irregular. I'll ask my doc when I see him next month.

>

> >

>

> > m

>

> >

>

> > From: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

>

> > [mailto:Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com] On Behalf Of

>

> Ruggio

>

> > Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:01 PM

>

> > To: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.com

>

> > Subject: Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] Re: Update

>

> >

>

> > , I have a lot of brown spots since I got off treatment. I

>

> only had a

>

> > few here and there now, but know there are a lot on my arms. No

>

> moles. I am

>

> > goin to ask my Doc in Sept when I go.

>

> >

>

> > I pray that you feel better.....

>

> >

>

> > Steph

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > _____

>

> >

>

> > The i'm Talkathon starts 6/24/08. For now, give amongst

>

> yourselves. Learn

>

> > More <http://www.imtalkat hon.com?

>

> source=TXT_EML_ WLH_LearnMore_ GiveAmongst>

>

> >

>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

, what does your doc say about it,, is there anything else he/she can do to help you feel better besides the testosterone? I know that can help but isnt there anything else? I know I have to take provigil in order to wake up in the am or I will sleep around the clock, even now 5 1/2 years after I finished treatment..Jackie

Subject: UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, October 3, 2008, 10:34 AM

I¢m doing better since I was released from the hospital, though the episode seems to have taken a lot out of me. My labs are still up (though starting to head down) but I¢m terribly tired and weak. My memory is worse and I¢m still unsteady on my feet. They added testosterone to try to improve my energy level.

I was on testosterone before, but it didn't seem to help. The paliative doc explained that there is difference between total and free (available) tes. He asked me if there were any follow-up labs. There were none. My total tes was low-normal, but free tes was very low. Also the natural hormone that stimulates tes production was very high, showing that my body was doing what it should. The doc said that the profile was not unusual for someone in my situation.So, one more injection (IM). is helping with this one. It's weekly as opposed to daily; I just didn't think I needed to mess with daily creams. There will be labs to titer the dose as well.Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 7:51 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Update, what does your doc say about it,, is there anything else he/she can do to help you feel better besides the testosterone? I know that can help but isnt there anything else? I know I have to take provigil in order to wake up in the am or I will sleep around the clock, even now 5 1/2 years after I finished treatment..JackieSubject: UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Friday, October 3, 2008, 10:34 AM I¢m doing better since I was released from the hospital, though the episode seems to have taken a lot out of me. My labs are still up (though starting to head down) but I¢m terribly tired and weak. My memory is worse and I¢m still unsteady on my feet. They added testosterone to try to improve my energy level.

michael,, IM glad that your doc is working to help you feel better,,

I think its kind of like thyroid,, so if your stimulating amount is very high, doesnt that mean your struggling to make enough and thats why that number is so high while the other numbers are so low? Im just wondering..Jackie

From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, October 3, 2008, 10:34 AM

I¢m doing better since I was released from the hospital, though the episode seems to have taken a lot out of me. My labs are still up (though starting to head down) but I¢m terribly tired and weak. My memory is worse and I¢m still unsteady on my feet. They added testosterone to try to improve my energy level.

Yep.

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008

10:03 PM

To:

Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE:

Update

michael,, IM glad that your doc is working to help

you feel better,,

I think its kind of like thyroid,, so if your

stimulating amount is very high, doesnt that mean your struggling to make

enough and thats why that number is so high while the other numbers are so

low? Im just wondering..

Jackie

No

virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.5/1702 - Release Date: 10/3/2008 8:18

AM

Funny you should mention that. That is how I took off the 100 plus

pounds I gained due to inactivity from having taken treatment twice

in very close years. I started out small like you said. I would walk to the end of the block and back. Soon it became a block more. I had

gotten up to walking 5 miles a day. But I have cut back to a simple

2 miles since I am working now. I figure that I am walking at least

a couple of miles at work, and I stand on my feet a lot.

Keep it up hon, just one step at a time. And you will start to feel the

results of your efforts.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>Subject: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] UpdateTo: Hepatitis_C_ Central@yahoogro ups.comDate: Friday, October 3, 2008, 1:34 PM

I?m doing better since I was released from the hospital, though the episode seems to have taken a lot out of me. My labs are still up (though starting to head down) but I?m terribly tired and weak. My memory is worse and I?m still unsteady on my feet. They added testosterone to try to improve my energy level.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. comVersion: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.5/1702 - Release Date: 10/3/2008 8:18 AM