RemedySpot.com

RE: New Guy old problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Marc Welcome To Our Silly Off The Wall Yet Very Kind And Supportive Family. We

Are Glad To Know You. We Have Several Here That Have Been Down The Road You Are

On. We Have Several Here That Are Post Transplant As Well. So If You Have

Questions For Them Ask Away. We Don & #39;t Claim To Know All. We Don & #39;t Claim

To Be Doctors. I Am Dannella Aka d My Hubby Was Dxd In 2002 With Hep C. Less

Than 2 Months Later I Found Out I Had It As Well. He Has Been Through Tx And Is

Now Clear. I Am A 2 Time Non Responder. But I Refuse To Give Up. I Would Love To

Hear More About Your Problems With Tx. My Hubby Is Always Telling Me How Tx Did

Me. I Just Don & #39;t Recall Most Of It. Anyway Welcome And Nice To Meet You. d

Marc wrote:

> Hello Everyone and Happy New Years. I have never

> posted here but would like to get involved as best I can. My Name is Marc and

I

> am 55, have had hep-c since 1995. I did the interferon treatment and it kinda

> worked till 2001 when my doctor said my test weren't so good. So he put me on

> the Pegasis program for 12 months.My numbers stayed good for all of 3 months

> afterward. Then they shot way up. And no way was I going to do that Pegasis

> again. That's stuff almost killed me. Haven't been right since. So from 2002

> till last Oct. I just lived with it. Then at work I got a hernia but they

> couldn't help me till they relieved the swelling in my abdomen caused buy my

> Cirrhosis. I had Acites pretty bad. They got it down enough to operate but the

> fluid came back even worse which cause a 2nd Hernia on the opposite side. So

> they did Paracentesis on me and out came 3.3 Liters. Had the 2nd hernia op and

> was told their goal was to put me on the TP list if I passed a battery of

test.

> I have one more to go. My teeth need check'n out. I could go on and on with

the

> stuff they have me do. But don't want to bore you all and I am sure you've

heard

> it all before.

> Well that's most of my history and would be glad to

> answer anything I can that might help you and what's in store for

> you.

> Thanks for

> listening... ......... ......Marc

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Hey,

Marc. Welcome to our crazy family. You are NOT alone. We have

people here at all stages of progression including pre-transplant like you, and

post tp. So you’ve got people here that can help you and you’ve

got help to offer others. I’m a/k/a De a/k/a WWD, genotype 1, stage 1/grade 2, 48 wk Pegasys combo tx

successful in 2004.

You’ll

see we are a bit crazy & off the wall at times, but very loving and

concerned for each other. I’ve been here over 4 years and a few of

us have been together longer than that. We have a strong family

bond. You’ll become a part of the family if you jump in and

participate. We can’t know you & love you the same way if you’re

just a reader, but it’s OK if that’s your preference.

Happy

New Year everyone!

New Guy old problem

Hello Everyone and Happy New Years.

I have never posted here but would like to get involved as best I can. My Name

is Marc and I am 55, have had hep-c since 1995. I did the interferon treatment

and it kinda worked till 2001 when my doctor said my test weren't so good. So

he put me on the Pegasis program for 12 months.My numbers stayed good for all

of 3 months afterward. Then they shot way up. And no way was I going to do that

Pegasis again. That's stuff almost killed me. Haven't been right since. So from

2002 till last Oct. I just lived with it. Then at work I got a hernia but they

couldn't help me till they relieved the swelling in my abdomen caused buy my

Cirrhosis. I had Acites pretty bad. They got it down enough to operate but the

fluid came back even worse which cause a 2nd Hernia on the opposite side. So

they did Paracentesis on me and out came 3.3 Liters. Had the 2nd hernia op and

was told their goal was to put me on the TP list if I passed a battery of test.

I have one more to go. My teeth need check'n out. I could go on and on with the

stuff they have me do. But don't want to bore you all and I am sure you've

heard it all before.

Well that's most of my history and

would be glad to answer anything I can that might help you and what's in store

for you.

Thanks for listening..................Marc

Hi Marc,

I was diagnosed in 1995 also. but I probably had Hep C for 20 years before that, It takes about that long for symptoms to show up and often as was in my case I was already to sick to treat or biopsy.

Make sure you get your teeth looked at to make sure you have no cavities or infection.

The only complication I had post transplant was that I got very sick, refused to go to the DR, because I'm a man and that's how we act.

My wife came downstairs to find me having a seizure and not breathing. I ended up on a ventilator for a week, and was diagnosed with septicemia, a very common cause of death after a transplant. I am pretty sure it started with some dental problems that I left unrepaired.

Septicemia is a condition where there is a large amount of bacteria in your blood, mine was Strep A in the blood.

I have treated twice post transplant and responded both times but relapsed. I will now wait for something new.

Good luck to you, keep us informed and great to here from you.

New Guy old problem

Hello Everyone and Happy New Years. I have never posted here but would like to get involved as best I can. My Name is Marc and I am 55, have had hep-c since 1995. I did the interferon treatment and it kinda worked till 2001 when my doctor said my test weren't so good. So he put me on the Pegasis program for 12 months.My numbers stayed good for all of 3 months afterward. Then they shot way up. And no way was I going to do that Pegasis again. That's stuff almost killed me. Haven't been right since. So from 2002 till last Oct. I just lived with it. Then at work I got a hernia but they couldn't help me till they relieved the swelling in my abdomen caused buy my Cirrhosis. I had Acites pretty bad. They got it down enough to operate but the fluid came back even worse which cause a 2nd Hernia on the opposite side. So they did Paracentesis on me and out came 3.3 Liters. Had the 2nd hernia op and was told their goal was to put me on the TP list if I passed a battery of test. I have one more to go. My teeth need check'n out. I could go on and on with the stuff they have me do. But don't want to bore you all and I am sure you've heard it all before.

Well that's most of my history and would be glad to answer anything I can that might help you and what's in store for you.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1206 - Release Date: 1/1/2008 12:09 PM

Hi Marc Welcome to our group. My name is I think I am the yaougest person here at only 23. I found out in June I have hep c. I should be starting treatment in the next few months. Not really sure when. I think you will enjoy all the crazy people here in the group. DMarc wrote: Hello Everyone and Happy New Years. I have never posted here but would like to get involved as best I can. My Name is Marc and I am 55, have had

hep-c since 1995. I did the interferon treatment and it kinda worked till 2001 when my doctor said my test weren't so good. So he put me on the Pegasis program for 12 months.My numbers stayed good for all of 3 months afterward. Then they shot way up. And no way was I going to do that Pegasis again. That's stuff almost killed me. Haven't been right since. So from 2002 till last Oct. I just lived with it. Then at work I got a hernia but they couldn't help me till they relieved the swelling in my abdomen caused buy my Cirrhosis. I had Acites pretty bad. They got it down enough to operate but the fluid came back even worse which cause a 2nd Hernia on the opposite side. So they did Paracentesis on me and out came 3.3 Liters. Had the 2nd hernia op and was told their goal was to put me on the TP list if I passed a battery of test. I have one more to go. My teeth need check'n out. I could go on and on with the stuff they have me do. But don't want to bore you all and I am sure

you've heard it all before. Well that's most of my history and would be glad to answer anything I can that might help you and what's in store for you. Thanks for listening..................Marc

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

My name is Gail but they Call me Mama Gail cause I am the oldest gal here.I am genotype 1 was treated on the old treatment in 98-99 of interferon x3 and 5riboveron tablets a day and have had no viral load since.Lots of other medical problems cause of having this disease for over 30yrs.Welcome to our group and we are all at different stages.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Marc Sent: January 1, 2008 10:40 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: New Guy old problem

Hello Everyone and Happy New Years. I have never posted here but would like to get involved as best I can. My Name is Marc and I am 55, have had hep-c since 1995. I did the interferon treatment and it kinda worked till 2001 when my doctor said my test weren't so good. So he put me on the Pegasis program for 12 months.My numbers stayed good for all of 3 months afterward. Then they shot way up. And no way was I going to do that Pegasis again. That's stuff almost killed me. Haven't been right since. So from 2002 till last Oct. I just lived with it. Then at work I got a hernia but they couldn't help me till they relieved the swelling in my abdomen caused buy my Cirrhosis. I had Acites pretty bad. They got it down enough to operate but the fluid came back even worse which cause a 2nd Hernia on the opposite side. So they did Paracentesis on me and out came 3.3 Liters. Had the 2nd hernia op and was told their goal was to put me on the TP list if I passed a battery of test. I have one more to go. My teeth need check'n out. I could go on and on with the stuff they have me do. But don't want to bore you all and I am sure you've heard it all before.

Well that's most of my history and would be glad to answer anything I can that might help you and what's in store for you.

Marc Welcome To Our Silly Off The Wall Yet Very Kind And Supportive Family. We Are Glad To Know You. We Have Several Here That Have Been Down The Road You Are On. We Have Several Here That Are Post Transplant As Well. So If You Have Questions For Them Ask Away. We Don & #39;t Claim To Know All. We Don & #39;t Claim To Be Doctors. I Am Dannella Aka d My Hubby Was Dxd In 2002 With Hep C. Less Than 2 Months Later I Found Out I Had It As Well. He Has Been Through Tx And Is Now Clear. I Am A 2 Time Non Responder. But I Refuse To Give Up. I Would Love To Hear More About Your Problems With Tx. My Hubby Is Always Telling Me How Tx Did Me. I Just Don & #39;t Recall Most Of It. Anyway Welcome And Nice To Meet You. dDear D.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but was in hospt. all day yesterday. Seems I let myself get dehydrated. Didn't even realize it. As for how Pegasus effected me, well since I did keep working the people around me helped allot but little things they did started getting on my nerves. I worked a very busy shop parts counter at a very good Ford dealer and they only excepted perfection when it came to the customers. Hence even more pressure. Now this is a job I have done for 30 yrs and never had a problem with the mechanics. But for some reason things that rolled off my back and very thick skin would set me off. Not a good way to work. I developed psoriasis so bad it was hard to wear clothes. I never had this before but the dermatologist said I had it underlying but the Tx brought it out. Nothing he prescribed help. He actually gave up. He wanted to try Embrel but my liver Dr. said no way. Not while taking my Tx. But one thing the dermatologist said was to try ultra violet light. And you know what? It worked. So now I go to Hollywood Tans about twice a week. Not only does it keep my skin clear but it keeps your color up. Right now it 17 degree's outside so will stop in for a dose of light and it will warm me up right to the bone. Which ever since I finished my Tx I can't get warm. I grew up in Mich. I loved cold weather before. It even seemed to change my personality from being an optimist to more of a paranoid. Was getting hard to trust anyone. Well D. little long winded but you ask. (lol) Thank for writing and hoped I answered your question.

Your friend Marc

Hey, Marc. Welcome to our crazy family. You are NOT alone. We have people here at all stages of progression including pre-transplant like you, and post tp. So you’ve got people here that can help you and you’ve got help to offer others. I’m a/k/a De a/k/a WWD, genotype 1, stage 1/grade 2, 48 wk Pegasys combo tx successful in 2004.

You’ll see we are a bit crazy & off the wall at times, but very loving and concerned for each other. I’ve been here over 4 years and a few of us have been together longer than that. We have a strong family bond. You’ll become a part of the family if you jump in and participate. We can’t know you & love you the same way if you’re just a reader, but it’s OK if that’s your preference.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hey . I will try hard to responded to my mail. Not always easy to sit here for long periods but have been alone in this house for so long its nice to talk to people again. I'm not as hip to some of the lingo being used but its not hard to figure out. I am at stage 4 and as it turns out have problem had this hep-c since 1972. I was in hopst. for 2 weeks back then with hep-b and non A non b. That's what they called it. Turned out to be C. At the time I was developing Photostats for an art dept. and had my hands in some pretty rough chemicals. Back then you didn't really wear protective gloves so they told me it might be Toxic Hep. Hey, I was 19 and dumb as a rock and went with it. In 1994 I bought a new Harley so just have to have a tattoo. In 95 I had hep-c and that's the only way I could have got it. Just wanted to fill in some of my history. Thankyou for your kindness and hope to write more. Marc

New Guy old problem

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1206 - Release Date: 1/1/2008 12:09 PM

Things

got on my nerves easier on tx, too, and I didn’t like being around people

any more than I had to. I was married to a parts man once and have known a few

well in my life. Good job on not killing anyone while on tx, Marc! LOL That’s

pretty cool about the tanning bed helping the psoriasis. I hadn’t heard

of that.

I

think you know better than to get dehydrated like you did, so I’m not

going to give you a hard time, but dude, we can’t enjoy you while you’re

in the hosp., so stop that!

Re:

New Guy old problem

RE:

New Guy old problem

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but was in hospt. all

day yesterday. Seems I let myself get dehydrated. Didn't even realize it. As

for how Pegasus effected me, well since I did keep working the people around me

helped allot but little things they did started getting on my nerves. I worked

a very busy shop parts counter at a very good Ford dealer and they only

excepted perfection when it came to the customers. Hence even more pressure.

Now this is a job I have done for 30 yrs and never had a problem with

the mechanics. But for some reason things that rolled off my back and

very thick skin would set me off. Not a good way to work. I developed

psoriasis so bad it was hard to wear clothes. I never had this before but the

dermatologist said I had it underlying but the Tx brought it out. Nothing he

prescribed help. He actually gave up. He wanted to try Embrel but my

liver Dr. said no way. Not while taking my Tx. But one thing the

dermatologist said was to try ultra violet light. And you know what? It worked.

So now I go to Hollywood Tans about twice a week. Not only does it keep my skin

clear but it keeps your color up. Right now it 17 degree's outside so will stop

in for a dose of light and it will warm me up right to the bone. Which ever

since I finished my Tx I can't get warm. I grew up in Mich. I loved cold

weather before. It even seemed to change my personality from being an optimist

to more of a paranoid. Was getting hard to trust anyone. Well D. little long

winded but you ask. (lol) Thank for writing and hoped I answered your question.

Your friend Marc