RemedySpot.com

RE: Really Scary

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I have had one experience after a meal where I produced more slavia which wasn't pleasant but so far NOT the dreaded PB.

Poor Simon must have been beside himself.

My nutritionist told me that walking around seems to help and I think others have said that a sip of fizzy drink can help.

Hope it doesn't happen again to soon.

Luv, LIbby

Good Morning EveryoneWell last night was the first time I tested out my new slow cooker and I madeMoroccan Lamb with Cous Cous. It was very nice .. EXCEPT!! I am not surewhat caused it - although I am pretty certain it was because I was not

watching what I was doing and ate far too quickly.. but I think I had myfirst ever bad band episode. After about four mouthfuls I got the worst painin my chest and then (sorry for the gross explanation) my mouth started to

create heaps of saliva and then I am pretty sure they were PB's that startedto come. It scared the C@#p out of me (not to mention my poor husband wasfreaking out). It lasted for very nearly an hour before dissapating...

I need to ask - when this happens (and I hope to God it doesn't happen again),is there anything you can do to help it? And I don't understand about thesaliva thing, can anyone shed some light here for me?

Sorry for the gross bits!Ally

Guest guest

Hi Lib

Simon was beside himself - he kept wanting me to lay down and I knew

instinctively that if I did that - it would not be pretty.

I think your nutritionist is right - definitely walking around helps. Sitting

down is not a good idea (for me anyway - I would imagine everyone would be

different).

I suppose the (only) good thing I got out of it was to be much more careful in

future!!

Ally

Guest guest

Hi Ally,

You could always turn this into a 'near death experience' and con Simon into getting you another bag from Prada to 'make you feel better after your traumatic experienc'.........lol (well it's worth a try).

Libby.

Hi LibSimon was beside himself - he kept wanting me to lay down and I knewinstinctively that if I did that - it would not be pretty.I think your nutritionist is right - definitely walking around helps. Sitting

down is not a good idea (for me anyway - I would imagine everyone would bedifferent).I suppose the (only) good thing I got out of it was to be much more careful infuture!!Ally

Guest guest

Hi, it might have been the cous cous. I love it too, but have to

eat it very slowly as it's a bit dry and tends to get stuck. Nice

to know you have restriction though.

All the best, Rosie.

>

> Good Morning Everyone

>

> Well last night was the first time I tested out my new slow cooker

and I made

> Moroccan Lamb with Cous Cous. It was very nice .. EXCEPT!! I am

not sure

> what caused it - although I am pretty certain it was because I was

not

> watching what I was doing and ate far too quickly.. but I think I

had my

> first ever bad band episode. After about four mouthfuls I got the

worst pain

> in my chest and then (sorry for the gross explanation) my mouth

started to

> create heaps of saliva and then I am pretty sure they were PB's

that started

> to come. It scared the C@#p out of me (not to mention my poor

husband was

> freaking out). It lasted for very nearly an hour before

dissapating...

>

> I need to ask - when this happens (and I hope to God it doesn't

happen again),

> is there anything you can do to help it? And I don't understand

about the

> saliva thing, can anyone shed some light here for me?

>

> Sorry for the gross bits!

>

> Ally

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi, again Theresa. I know how scary it is to find out that you have hep-c. You are suddenly in a world that is unfamiliar and you may feel alone with no one to talk to. On your first appointment, generally you meet the dr, discuss your bloodtest results or which blood tests are needed, at this point and determine where you will go from there. Your dr. will walk you through everything. Talk to people in this group and read posts. You will learn a lot of what you can expect with treatment. The more you learn, the less scary it will seem to you. It's just overwhleming in the beginning. Hugs and good luck,

VickieG

Really Scary

Hello All! this is my first post.I've just join the group.I've just recently been diagnosed with HepC.Ihave my fist app. with the GI doctor on may,7.I don't have any idea on what to expect.Maybe someone can give me a heds up on whats next.??

Guest guest

Hi

They wil probley have you do some blood work and tell you about hep c. Bring a list of questions with you along with a place to write down answers that will help ou remember what was said do to all the info that will be given. Find out how often this gi deals with hep c and how long he/she has been working with it. Not a lot of drs know about it so it is important to get one who knows about it. We have all been where you are and its a scary place we are all here for you to get you through by listening and or answering questions you might have.

D

Subject: Really ScaryTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Monday, April 14, 2008, 11:15 AM

Hello All! this is my first post.I've just join the group.I've just recently been diagnosed with HepC.Ihave my fist app. with the GI doctor on may,7.I don't have any idea on what to expect.Maybe someone can give me a heds up on whats next.??

Guest guest

Hi

. Deb’s email gave you most of the info you need. You

do need to be sure that your GI has a lot of experience with Hep C – all of

them don’t. So check that out first or you’re going to be

very frustrated. You can even call the office where you have the

appointment ahead of time and ask if that doctor is the one in the practice

with the most hep c experience, what % of his patients have hep c, how long he’s

been treating it, etc.

It

IS very scary at first, but that will get better as you learn more about the

disease, that it’s not a death sentence and that you are NOT alone.

We are here for you and there are no stupid questions, except the ones you don’t

ask.

The

first step is to start learning about it and find out where you stand.

Hugs,

Really Scary

Hello All! this is my

first post.I've just join the group.I've just

recently been diagnosed with HepC.Ihave my fist app. with the GI doctor

on may,7.I don't have any idea on what to expect.Maybe someone can give

me a heds up on whats next.??