RemedySpot.com

starting tx

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm so happy with the good new Doyle Doyle wrote: Hi everyone, I just talked to my gastro Dr. and he said as soon as my thyroid Dr. says I am 100% with that I can start tx. So maybe sooner than I thought. Good I want to get it over and done with. I want to know I have a few small cavities should I get them taken care of before tx? Also what else healthwise do I

need to take care of? D Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Congratulations. Good luck with your treatment. You have plenty of support. Hugs, VickieG

starting tx

Hi everyone,

I just talked to my gastro Dr. and he said as soon as my thyroid Dr. says I am 100% with that I can start tx. So maybe sooner than I thought. Good I want to get it over and done with. I want to know I have a few small cavities should I get them taken care of before tx? Also what else healthwise do I need to take care of? D

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

getting the cavities done is up to you. I kept my regular 6 month dental appts

during tx, but can’t remember if I had any cavities filled. Start

drinking your water!

starting tx

Hi everyone,

I just talked to my gastro Dr. and he said as soon as

my thyroid Dr. says I am 100% with that I can start tx. So maybe sooner than I

thought. Good I want to get it over and done with. I want to know I have a few

small cavities should I get them taken care of before tx? Also what else

healthwise do I need to take care of? D

~~ It's nice when our medical conditions align themselves and we get to make the choices that we really want to make. I'm happy that it looks like you will be getting that opportunity. Regarding dental. I had a dental exam in November and needed a crown and two fillings. I went ahead and did them before starting tx. My thinking was that sometimes the risk of infection while on tx is higher and why take the risk if I didn't need to. So, I got them done in December. I did ask my dentist if I could come for dental appointments while on tx and they said that would be fine but I would need a sign off from the Hepatologist to be able to

do so. Since my tx should be just six months, I have decided to wait for any other dental work (barring emergencies) until tx is over. Also, it is very important to advise the dentist that you have Hep C. Some treat patients that have it and some don't. If they do, there are extra precautions that they would take if they know you have it. I hope this is helpful. Doyle wrote: Hi everyone, I just talked to my gastro Dr. and he said as soon as my thyroid Dr. says I am 100% with that I can start tx. So maybe sooner than I thought. Good I want to get it over and done with. I want to know I have a few small cavities should I get them taken care of before tx? Also what else healthwise do I need to take care of? D Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

How are you doing? Thank you for the advise. I just talked to my thyroid Dr and he wants me to do more blood work the first week in feb if that is ok then i can start if not then I hae to wait. This month was fine so I hope next month will be too. I am so afraid of the dentist. I had a bad experience with a root canal a few months back now with this anxiety problem I am really scared to go. But my husband said he would go and hold my hand if needed. I guess if I ca make it through that terrible root canal I can do some small cavities. Anyways thanks again for the advise. I hope all is well with you. D" B." wrote: ~~ It's nice when our medical conditions align themselves and we get to make the choices that we really want to make. I'm happy that it looks like you will be getting that opportunity. Regarding dental. I had a dental exam in November and needed a crown and two fillings. I went ahead and did them before starting tx. My thinking was that sometimes the risk of infection while on tx is higher and why take the risk if I didn't need to. So, I got them done in December. I did ask my dentist if

I could come for dental appointments while on tx and they said that would be fine but I would need a sign off from the Hepatologist to be able to do so. Since my tx should be just six months, I have decided to wait for any other dental work (barring emergencies) until tx is over. Also, it is very important to advise the dentist that you have Hep C. Some treat patients that have it and some don't. If they do, there are extra precautions that they would take if they know you have it. I hope this is helpful. Doyle <a_doyle07> wrote: Hi everyone, I just

talked to my gastro Dr. and he said as soon as my thyroid Dr. says I am 100% with that I can start tx. So maybe sooner than I thought. Good I want to get it over and done with. I want to know I have a few small cavities should I get them taken care of before tx? Also what else healthwise do I need to take care of? D Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Page, I just wanted to wish you the very best with your tx.....I'm genotype 2 so I am also doing the 24-week....I am on week 11....I had a pretty rough time starting out but I had pneumonia on top of it....now everything is sort of calming down.....this is just my experience....an anti-depressant was absolutely necessary.....and I know that's alot of water to have to down every day......but on the days I didn't drink enough....I didn't feel very well....so keep all those toxins flushed out girl...lol......if you ever want to email me out of group feel free to do so....I will be here to help you any way I can.....take care... TinaPage wrote: Hi Everbody,I don't kown if the post i sent yesterday went out ,got ok for TX .Need to do all Insrance stuff should be staring next week or so.I'm afraid but also happy to get started to fix my Liver so i can live a long life just taking it one Day at a TimePageThe shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The man who kneels to God can stand up to anything.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hoku good luck and keep us informed.First shot you might have chills so get some extra blankets to keep the chill off..

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Hoku LaniSent: June 24, 2008 1:41 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Starting tx

Hi gang,

I am starting tx on Saturday. I have joined a study group so I can get some free blood work and meds and start right away. My medical plan was not going to start tx for awhile. Wish me luck!

Hope things go well for you !

Hoku

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

i start my shots this sunday 7/13/08. i work thursday friday and

saturday so i hope the side effects have time to wear off before work.

i'm alot less nervous than i was a month ago. i've done alot of

reading. joining this group and reading the daily digest has helped

enormously. if attitude truly is 90% here, bring it on i'm

ready...this whole situation (as corny as it sounds) is a blessing in

disguise. i've done a complete 180, attitude wise....my cup is

definately half full. thank for listening to me ramble. peace

Guest guest

Hi AngelYou sound really ready to start tx and you're right, attitude is so important.. Don't forget that we're here for ya.. dont forget to take two tylenol 30 minutes before you do your shot and again 4 hours later to keep the worst of the side effects at bay.. Start drinking half your weight in water,, in ounces that is,, if you weight 150 pounds, drink at least 75 ounces of water every day.. it really DOES help the sides,, the water that is.. Glad you joined us and please stay in touch.. we'll walk this walk with you all the way!hugsJackieSubject: starting txTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 12:45 PM

i start my shots this sunday 7/13/08. i work thursday friday and

saturday so i hope the side effects have time to wear off before work.

i'm alot less nervous than i was a month ago. i've done alot of

reading. joining this group and reading the daily digest has helped

enormously. if attitude truly is 90% here, bring it on i'm

ready...this whole situation (as corny as it sounds) is a blessing in

disguise. i've done a complete 180, attitude wise....my cup is

definately half full. thank for listening to me ramble. peace

Guest guest

thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind.

Guest guest

You can add to it, just be sure to drink enough of it!

That needs to become a habit, it helps greatly with the sides..

Best To You,

Sheena

thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind.

Guest guest

thanks sheena.i do need to develop some good habits...

>

> You can add to it, just be sure to drink enough of it!

> That needs to become a habit, it helps greatly with the sides..

>  

> Best To You,

> Sheena

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on

how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to

be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?

>

> That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true.

>

> For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love

and of a sound mind.

>

Guest guest

Note that Crystal Light has aspartame in it and if I am not mistaken that is not so hot for

the liver.?

Steph> > > > > > > > > > > > > thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?> > That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. > > For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind.>

Guest guest

you are right but if used in moderation, it probably isnt the worst thing she cold drink, altho I agree that its not good for the liver.. I use XylitolJackie> > > > > > > > > > > > > thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?> > That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. > > For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind.>

Guest guest

I have to agree with Steph and Jackie in that many of the

artificial sweetners are not good for you, but it is more than

important to drink enough water. If it's the only way you can

get it down, then so be it.. If you can drink it plain/filtered

that would be best case..

Sheena

> > > > > > > > > > > > > thanks for the kind words of support. i'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. and thanks so much for the water advise. does it have to be plain water or can i add the little crystal light flavor packets?> > That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. > > For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind.>