Donna

You have explained exactly what I would've concerning the end days of my

dad. During the last 2 1/2 yrs it seemed we had many close calls, times

when I would have thought dad was going to die. Then, as you said,

during those last 2 weeks, I just knew. I was preparing my dad and I

for what was ahead. He was definately different than he had been all

along. His breathing became gurgled, his arms and hands seemed to curl

up, yet he was still awake and alert. He just seemed to have a certain

peace about him. He was so thin, yet his eyes were bigger than life.

sigh....

Sandie

• 5 years later...

I'm so sorry for your loss - I lost my Dad 25 years ago on the day after Christmas. I still miss him. It's good that you were able to be close with him in the end.

Take care,

Chris

ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sadNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

I feel for you so much. My dad passed away just about a month ago from complete liver failure from HepC and Cirrosis from drinking all of his life. I feel so incomplete with me having HepC also. Actually believe it or not I found out I had it before him and I'm not a big drinker. Usually just New years eve or celebrations. Anyhow those moments take you by suprise. Like I know my dads birthday is coming up on Oct. 22nd. what's ironic is that the last week dad was at home we seen him every day and stopped at his house and laughed and joked around. I saw him on the last Friday in June and the next night on Sat. he was critically assulted and spent 7 weeks in the hospital in Columbus before succombing to liver failure and kidney

failure. so you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending you out a great big cyber hug.

Rochelle

my dad

ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad

I am so sorry to hear your news Joyce.

I lost my father about 8 years ago. I very much loved him, and I am a lot like him. So my brother tells me. *smile*

My thoughts and prayers are with you hon.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Subject: my dadTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 5:56 PM

ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad

when i was about to start treatment i was taking care of him here at my home and it was so so hard for me we fought constantly, he was unable to do anything disable and i couldnt start my teatment till he went in to a nsg home,and now he passed 10 months later but the past month or 2 has been good we gotalong we talked and had coffee together would sit out on the patio for 2 hrs enjoying the sun, i just cant get over that i was just with him yesterday, thank you god for lettimg me have a last good visit with him,smalk50@... wrote: I'm so sorry for your loss - I lost my Dad 25 years ago on the day after Christmas. I still miss him. It's good that you were able to be close with him in the end. Take care, In a message dated 10/11/2008 5:56:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time, mepurplegee writes: ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min later i got a call

that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

I'm so sorry, Joyceann, so many of us have lost our Daddy's,

we well know the hurt.. Holding you close in thought and prayer.

So glad you were able to visit with him yesterday..

Big Hugs to you and yours,

Sheena

It is that visit that will help hold you together.

I lost my Dad 26 years ago this month. The grief does ease in time,

the missing..never.. Keep venting, hon, whenever you feel the need,it does help..

late Hugs to you, too!

Hugs,

Sheena

I'm so sorry for your loss - I lost my Dad 25 years ago on the day after Christmas. I still miss him. It's good that you were able to be close with him in the end.

Take care,

Chris

In a message dated 10/11/2008 5:56:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time, mepurplegee@ yahoo.com writes:

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Yes Joyce, I do remember your talking about your father and how impossible it was going to be for you to do tx while taking care of him.. and his resistance to going to a nursing home but how he had to do it.. YOU DID the RIGHT THING hon,, you DID! He was able to get the care he needed and you wer able to do tx.. I know you will miss him, remember it was just a little over a year ago that I lost my dad too.. I know how you are feeling and am here if you ever need to just talk..you know you can email me anytime off the forum list if you feel like it too..

Im sorry hon,, but just know that HE is at peace now,, and IM so glad you had that good visit before he passed... I was blessed with that too prior to my daddy's passing ,,

hugs hon

jaxJackie

Subject: my dadTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 3:56 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss honey , I know I miss my grandma's calls more than anything . She would call 3-6 times a day to say nothing at all but now that she is gone I sure miss it .

my dad

I'm so sorry.

Grief is a funny thing. My father was in a bad car accident and

suffered brain damage when I was eight. I never knew until much later

when he physically passed away. Over 20 years, and I'm still grieving.

m

>

> ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i

> visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and

> today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i

> was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min

> later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and

> rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary

> and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last

> week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he

> was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad

>

thanks elizabeth, well my sister flew in at midnight from las vegas, i havent seen her since my moms death 11 years ago, elizabethnv1 wrote: I'm so sorry about your loss honey , I know I miss my grandma's calls more than anything . She would call 3-6 times a day to say nothing at all but now that she is gone I sure miss it . my dad ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr

anniversary and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad

It seems some grief never fully goes away.. I am sorry for your loss, as well..

Sheena

I'm so sorry.Grief is a funny thing. My father was in a bad car accident andsuffered brain damage when I was eight. I never knew until much laterwhen he physically passed away. Over 20 years, and I'm still grieving.m>> ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i > visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and > today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i > was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min > later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and > rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary > and now he dies and i have a birthday next week

im so glad our last > week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he > was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad>

I am glad that she is there at least , so you are not going through this right now alone . It will give you two time together .

my dad

Joyce,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Such a sad time.

We're here for you.

Luv

anne

You don't have to be handicapped to be different.

Everybody's different!

Kim Peek

my dad

> ive spoke so much about him in the beginning and the trouble and i

> visited with him testerday nice visit, briught him a new phone and

> today i was coming up with his grand son and makin pumpkin cookies, i

> was gonna call him at 830 am and figured no thats to early, wheh 10 min

> later i got a call that he had just passed away, he hate breakfast and

> rolled over, im very sad ofcourse, oct 7 was my ma;s 11 yr anniversary

> and now he dies and i have a birthday next week im so glad our last

> week together was a good one, ill miss his calls eveynight at 7pm, he

> was looking forward to the fair at the home nov 6 im just sad