RemedySpot.com

Re: Not alone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vicki This poem is really nice. It really is what we all think. I am glad you are sharing more of your poems Amanada DVickieG wrote: Not Alone I¢m biting my tongue to keep from responding And, looking for ways to open my solace With patience and love I care for you daily I¢m trying so hard not to take things personally. Online support gives me the knowledge The perfect place to spit shine and polish And, with all this power I take a deep breath Renewing my courage for the

battle ahead. I start each day not knowing what to expect Will I see that dragon rearing his neck? I¢ll use the knowledge from this wonderful group. To help you battle the dragon¢s persuit. By, VickieG Inspired by Giufurta¢s post Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Ty, . I'm glad you like it. It is meant for all, of course, but also for the people who support someone with hep c. I hope they know they are appreciated even though they are not told that enough. Hugs, VickieG

Vicki

This poem is really nice. It really is what we all think. I am glad you are sharing more of your poems

Amanada DVickieG <onelildeltagirl@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Not Alone

I¢m biting my tongue to keep from responding

And, looking for ways to open my solace

With patience and love I care for you daily

I¢m trying so hard not to take things personally.

Online support gives me the knowledge

The perfect place to spit shine and polish

And, with all this power I take a deep breath

Renewing my courage for the battle ahead.

I start each day not knowing what to expect

Will I see that dragon rearing his neck?

I¢ll use the knowledge from this wonderful group.

To help you battle the dragon¢s persuit.

By, VickieG

Inspired by Giufurta¢s post

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I'm glad you liked it, . You are my inspiration on this one. Hugs and God Speed. VickieG

your wonderful vicki.....

VickieG <onelildeltagirl@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Not Alone

I¢m biting my tongue to keep from responding

And, looking for ways to open my solace

With patience and love I care for you daily

I¢m trying so hard not to take things personally.

Online support gives me the knowledge

The perfect place to spit shine and polish

And, with all this power I take a deep breath

Renewing my courage for the battle ahead.

I start each day not knowing what to expect

Will I see that dragon rearing his neck?

I¢ll use the knowledge from this wonderful group.

To help you battle the dragon¢s persuit.

By, VickieG

Inspired by Giufurta¢s post

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

• 8 months later...

I am so very sorry for all that you have gone through..

You are not alone here, we are many and we do

care about one another.. There is almost always

someone here to talk to, to cry with, or just to understand..

Hugs,

Sheena..

I am a 51 year old female. diagnosed with Hep C about 8 years ago. My doctor at the time downplayed it, the levels were very low. For 5 years she kept saying that we would monitor the situation. All of a sudden, my levels skyrocketed. I decided to visit my son's doctor, as he was always very aggressive and open with information. He immediately sent me for a liver biopsy, sonogram, the works. Tests indicated I now have cirrhosis.I was sent to the head of gastroenterology at hospital who cornered me to partake in a study for Teleprevir, in conjunction with PEG-IFN and Ribavirin. He said that they only take 9 people so I had to make a decision RIGHT THEN AND THERE! I was confused, scared, but signed my life away thinking I had to start someplace. I had to sign away my rights, etc etc. They gave me a number for a support group, they never returned my call. Most of the support groups I found online

are no longer in existence.I started the therapy and continued for 4 weeks. All of a sudden, I developed hearing loss. My ears were throbbing with pain. I thought that I had an ear infection, but upon visiting my Dr, there was no infection, no redness, no sinusitis, nothing. He comfirmed this is a side effect to the treatment in about 1% of people. So, I stopped the meds immediately. I am a musician, I could not just sit there while my hearing was slowly deteriorating. When I consulted the Gastro guy at the hospital whe signed me up for this study, he said that he had NEVER heard of anyone having hearing problems in response to the treatment. In the 4 weeks time that I was being treated, they took so much blood from me. But they submitted my blood to the people doing the study. I thought that they would also run their own blood tests, but to my surprise, they didnt. My regular

doctor pointed out that my white blood cells were low, as well as my platelets being EXTREMELY low. I now have an appt with a hemotologist. Im not sure what they are looking for.Since I stopped the meds, my legs are covered with raised rash and my thighs where they gave me the injections are red and sore. I am having difficulty walking.I live alone and have been trying to deal with this while reading whatever I can on the internet. I dont know anyone else who has gone thru this. I have so many questions.1. Why didnt the Gastro Doctor at the hospital know about my blood count?2. Why didnt he know about the hearing loss side effect?3. Why didnt they run their own tests?4. Was I just a specimen for the pharmaceutical industry? They still want me to report back to them for 72 weeks so they can take my blood to complete their study. Should I comply?5. The Gastro

doctor only said two things to me upon my telling him that I stopped the meds.......1. "You have cirrhosis"2. "You can never take these drugs again based on your side effects"Is this true?I am going thru this while maintaining a full time job. My son is in college, so I have to maintain an income.I dont know what I am doing. I dont know what I am supposed to be doing now. sorry for this long postits the weekend..... I have 3 days off, and I know that I will spend the 3 days lying on the couch, tired, not talking to anyone, not leaving the house, not knowing what to do.So, I just curl up in the cave.