RemedySpot.com

Sleep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We really do see the effect that lack of sleep brings. My MIL was not

sleeping well and her behavior the next day could be disastrous. Her doctor

just switched her to Seroquel at night now and so far (only 2 days) she has

never slept better and she is doing much better. I hope it continues!

sleep

I so agree on the sleep situation. When Lou has a night in which he

is up every hour with dreams that are for him a reality, or to use

the bathroom, the next day is a disaster for him. He is agitated,

more anxious, weaker of course, and more confused. He can't settle

down and sleep and it reminds me of a toddler who is so sleepy and

cranky but just can't or won't sleep. That's when I used to take my

kids for a stroller ride and it would put them right out. If it were

only that easy with Lou.

Thanks all for the concerns.

Mik

• 2 years later...

Thank you for this information. I'm going to give some of these a try.

Hugs; Ginger Lavallee wrote:

My usual response is Benadryll, even children's doses help some but if that route doesn't work I suggest ritual and relaxation aides. it may not work but at least it can't hurt and can't interfere with any other meds or anything.Many recommend establishing a ritual before you go to bed, much like that we do for children...brush teeth , one book , say prayers...or something like that but in a grown up version...long soak in tub or shower, scented lotion {many recommend lavendar for calming aroma, however it makes me sneeze so I avoid it.} have room set to preffered temp { or in my case three comfortors asI am always cold..}Use book light to read { then you don't have to get up to shut off a light, radio shack has good ones on sale for $4.99} play sooothing music, whatever that means to you...or buy an alpha wave

deep sleep CD . I love mine and it was I think 9.99. It sounds sort of weird but it makes me sleepy. { not sure if my mind gets bored or if just because I know it is supposed t oit does...all hail the power of suggestion. Don't wear socks to bed...feet that are too hot {or cold for that matter} can cause disruption of sleep. If you have a bed partner {my aren't we politically correct today...} establish a sacred zone so that no fighting can take place in the bedroom. I am a big believer in positive/negativeenergy and even if you aren't we associate things with places in our subconscious so do your best not to fight in the bedroom, so only good associations lay there.No eating right before bed. A working digestive system can keep you up. {I usually fail at that one} ok, thats what I have to give now...more on relaxation or other topics if you want, just e-mail me at

cynthia@....Cynthia G.otF.M.MassachusettsVisit the Still's Disease Message Boardhttp://disc.server.com/Indices/148599.htmlThe materials and information contained in this message are not intended to replace the services of a trained health professional or to be a substitute for medical advice of physicians and/or other health care professionals. The International Still's Disease Foundation is not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. You should consult your physician on specific medical questions, particularly in matters requiring diagnosis or medical attention. The International Still's Disease Foundation makes no representations or warranties with respect to any treatment, action, application, medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within this support form. ion by

any person following the information offered or provided within this support form.

• 3 years later...

I

do OK with 8 hours sleep now.

RE:

Work/

I'm going to college and work and plus have dance class. I didn't really was

tried of that put I'm sleep and I sleep mybe 10 hour. or more

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Lee, I

had lots of trouble sleeping but only partially due to tx or the virus… I’ve

got pain issues. My doc put me on Trazodone at bedtime. It is a mild

antidepressant that has the side effect of making you sleepy. I like it because