RemedySpot.com

Re: Thyroid - Kim

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kim ~~ I have had hypothyroidism for about 18 years now. When I first had it but didn't know it, I was very tired, moody, irritable and an extreme amount of my hair had fallen out. When they found out what it was, they prescribed a pill. I take it every day and outside of an occasional blood test (typically just once a year), I don't even have to worry about it. It has been stable for many years. Since I am on tx now they will check it everytime they do blood work for me (at first every two weeks, then once a month). I wouldn't stress about it, it's very manageable and when it is under control, it does not affect your energy or your weight. Best of luck in continuing on your tx...five months and counting down!! darkchestnuteyes wrote: Hi, This is Kim . I just had my five month check-up and I mentioned my thyroid while we reviewed my case. He ordered a recheck and the word came back today. My level is 0.02 or 0.002 I'm not sure, but I'm

off to my GP tomorrow. Thank you all for telling me to keep this in front of me. But I'm a little freaked that I was one more life long problem as a result of hcv. I haven't learned to manage the first one yet. Although I did have an agility dog that was hypothyroid, it made her fat and slow. Kim

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.