RemedySpot.com

Introduction and stuff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I guess I should introduce myself, as I just joined this group.My name is Jaden . I'm 28 years old, and was diagnosed with AS a year ago, this month. I only found out what autism was about two years ago, when a new friend I made had it and told me I was a poster child for it. On top of my AS diagnosis, my IQ was retested at 180.

I was in gifted classes as a child, but nothing else was ever done for my psychologically. I was bullied heavily in school by students and teachers alike. I didn't graduate high school over half a credit, but did get my GED. I dropped out of college when I was sexually harassed by a teacher and the administrator didn't believe me, and made me meet with him and the teacher (with no warning the teacher would be there). Since then, I've held about 70+ jobs, as I can never seem to hold one for much longer than 3-4 months at a time. I have a hard time finding jobs because of my inability to make eye contact in interviews, and the fact I'm covered in visible tattoos (one of my obsessions).

Since my diagnosis, I got help from the state in finding a job that was appropriate for me. Next month, I would have been there for 8 months (a new record for me). Unfortunately, a new hire has taken issue with my personality and appearance and has been spreading lies around the workplace and to my boss. He's also assaulted me sexually. My boss did nothing, thinking I was making it up, so I went to HR two days ago. Last night, there were all kinds of notes on my bosses desk that he received a call from HR and notes on how he can legally fire me, now. I don't know what to do! :(

Yeah, odd time to join the group, eh? I made the request before all that happened, I swear :)Anyway, my obsessive hobbies are tarantulas, tattoos, portable video games, and pro-wrestling (mostly indies). I'd like to get a degree in entomology so I can teach classes about spiders and other bugs. I just can't afford to return to school until I can hold down a job for a while and save up.

I'm engaged to be married to a wonderful woman. She has ADHD, which makes us an interesting couple. We both hate socializing, though, so it works great. We stay home and surf the internet together or watch movies and play video games. We don't have kids, and are still deciding on that. We have lots of pets, though. I have a pug and a ball python. She has a Maine coon cat (who's too smart for his own good). We share around 50 tarantulas and four different roach species (numbering around 100,000)