RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: The Top 10 Unfounded Health Scares of 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello:I have read allegations that electromagnetic fields, given off by electric wiring etc, may be harmful. Here is an example, a link from a site that seems to have a bias:

http://www.sunrisefarms.org/emf.htm

Entering "dangers of electromagnetic fields" into a web search brings up many results.

The idea that siting too close to color TV's could be hazardous has bee naround for a while, also.

renaissanzelady--- To: FAMSecretSociety Received: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 6:29 AM

"However, evidence to the contrary is ignored, even when there is far more contrary than support evidence."I couldn't help notice in the article that when it came to mobile phones that people were more inclined to believe they are harmless, I cynically thought is that because most people like their toys and gadgets like mobile phones and are less inclined to part with such?I think previously there have been reports in the past that too much TV viewing is not good for people, but doesn't stop the vast majority viewing endless junk.>> Very interesting article. > > I've known for a long time about these animal tests where the animals are > given insanely massive doses of chemicals or other test items and the

results of > the tests are taken seriously. I recall studies where animals were given > such high doses that to scale it for humans, they would have to consume a gallon > of the substance every day for decades to run the same risk. Granted some > chemicals are harmful in small doses, but most aren't. > > One thing I noticed throughout is that the person or organization making the > claim is taken at face value and the media runs with it. However, evidence > to the contrary is ignored, even when there is far more contrary than support > evidence. It seems to me that these claimants should be put on scientific > trial to prove their cases, and if they can't, they should lose be made to > retract their claim and apologize. If, on the other hand, they are found to have > links with manufacturers, lawyers or others who seek to profit

from the > hysteria and changeover to new chemicals and processes, that they should face > criminal charges. > >

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA