RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: 'People Whisperers those people who help us unde...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A number of philosophers even through ancient times had similar thoughts. They typically referred to it as masks in that people would wear a given mask over their true selves based on who they were with and what they wanted out of them. This theory is still in practice today and was even mentioned in one of my business classes. I didn't really feel right about having to tailor our behavior toward specific groups in order to manipulate them to get what we wanted. Silly me thought that behaving in a well-mannered, competent fashion that says you can be trusted to do what you say you will do would suffice. Sure others might try to manipulate you, but that's why you tell them that if that happens, the deal or whatever is off.

People don't like it when they think you are judging them. Of course, they are doing exactly the same thing with you, though they would never admit it. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people laughing at me only to get upset if I sneer back at them.

In a message dated 12/12/2008 3:55:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

After a while, one becomes cynical, because one begins to see people as a bunch of images projected over the true person. Another problem I have is with a person's (an NT person's in particular) emotional frailty masking or shining through their true selves. So much of an NT's life depends upon social acceptance. Or at least they think it does. Yet if they would just show their true selves, I think they might lead less stressful, and more positive lives with positive self images. AdministratorMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.