Pediatric cardiologist

Dr's Maran,Appel, Jayakumar

205 Robin Rd,

ste 100

Paramus, NJ 07652

201-599-0026

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Adam - I encourage people to send e-mails direct when they have one thing to say to one person.

I also encourage people to eliminate old e-mails from their answers. otherwise we get endless strings of e-mails that just get longer.

I fully understand your fear. But, as I said before, you do not even know yet what you have. Enlarged nodes as a lone symptom is not so serious. You need to get your blood numbers primarily (a CBC), perhaps have a BMB (bone marrow biopsy), and get what they called "staged".

Many people live with this disease until they get hit by a truck in their 90s.

Keep us informed.

In a message dated 8/24/2010 6:52:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, spunge14@... writes:

Hey Trudy, ,Thanks for responding. At this point it means a lot just to hear anything from anyone.I know it might be early to be worrying, but how can I help it? Any bad result is just the kind of thing I don't want to hear.I had a cat scan only of the neck area recently, however about a year ago I was having a lot of trouble with some very swollen nodes in my groin which never really resided. Now my fear is that the two are related and I'm actually in a later stage than would have been guessed.I do have people to talk to, but I'm afraid of burdening people with this. I don't want my friends to feel guilty about wanting their lives to be care free so they can enjoy their senior year but also knowing that they should be there for me. I know true friends will support me, but that doesn't mean I want to put something like this on them.Just a note, is this the appropriate place for these messages? I'm assuming this stuff is supposed to be handled by private e-mail, but it's tough to know.Thanks for the support.Adam

As far as I know Adam does not even have a diagnosis yet. Lets chill out and wait for him to tell us what is going on. The young man is scared, understandable, but he has a lot to find out first. Let us back off and let Adam tell us more about his situation -

In a message dated 8/26/2010 5:38:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rhudy@... writes:

If you're only 21, I'd wonder if the initial diagnosis is correct. Could be something else. Most people with cll are past 50, but some are in their 40s...........21 would be rare.EllenAdam Ru wrote:> I just want to thank everyone for the tremendously supportive responses and for sharing your stories and advice. I'm trying to get back to people on an individual basis so sorry about being slow on the return. Just having people to listen and who I know I can rely on for advice if things do turn out to be less than favorable is really helpful.>> A few people have asked for more details so I figure I'll post them here to save time: I'm only 21 (which makes this whole thing totally out of the blue for me but also makes me hopeful), from Long Island, and I got to school at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY.>> Every day closer to next Friday is making me more nervous. I'm thinking back about all of the times I could have pushed them to test further and regretting caving in to my doctor's insistence that the node would just go away if I waited another year. Then again, it could still be nothing. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.>> Best,> Adam>> --

, was at Dr. Furman's today, I did not see any CIG brochures.

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail or reply to info@... , and delete the message.