RemedySpot.com

Re: Obama spells end of blank cheques for Israel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This will probably end badly. I'm not a great fan of Israel because of the USS Liberty and them selling our proprietary military technology on the open market, even to our enemies. However, they are our only real ally in the Middle East and the common enemy of the Arab nations. This leaves them vulnerable and they know all sides know it.

My fear is that if Israel thinks it is about to be cast to the wolves, that it will strike. I can see them attacking Iran's nuclear facilities, the ones that we know of anyway, and igniting a major, regional war, possibly a global one. I'm not sure if modern Israel could withstand an assault from all fronts like it did in the past. If they are in danger of being over run, they could go nuclear.

I've read some convincing arguments that we should have been more friendly toward Iran and by doing so defusing the tensions and undermining the hard core radicals. Those radicals are already under internal threat because of the failing economy and religious oppression.

Of course, if we had not taken down Sadam, Iran would also have a military check against its ambitions right on its border.

In a message dated 12/7/2008 1:45:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

Amazing how foolish people can be and the bad voting decisions they make when in the wave of a social tide.AdministratorMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.