RemedySpot.com

Re: Suppositories etc Tom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Steph,

Awful sitauation for you all. I'm so sorry.

here's some some random thoughts, maybe not strong enough in Tom's

situation, but just in case.

Have you tried pepppermint/peppermint oil? For me it works by

relaxing any knots and tension in my gut. In my case I use it

judiciously as too much of anything tends to have the opposite of the

intended result.

Fennel can be soothing for the gut, which sometimes persuades mine to

get moving again. Ditto slippery elm, though for me that's more

accumulatory.

Also if Tom is okay with gaba (brain-wise) it's invloved in gut

peristalsis too.

Have you tried hot water bottles or heat pads on the gut area front

and back. If Tom will allow that.

Sometimes I can sense where a knot is, I know I've got it right if it

feels hard and rigid. Here, very gentle massage, sometimes barely

touching and just with a finger, can release it. Maybe Tom show you

where it hurts most, then you might be able to feel a particularly

hard spot?

If I feel a bad situation coming on I use most of the above, check

I've been taking my minerals properly, and up the probiotics -but

then probiotics are unusally effective for me. Guess my gut responds

best to gentle persuasion rather than stronger stuff.

Yasko uses stronger herbs though e.g. yellow dock (that's high

oxalate), a few others that will be on her site but don't recall off

hand. Also triphala, which I have and would willingly send you, but

in my experience it kicks up liver detox, headaches etc too. Just say

if you'd like.

Jacqui

>

> I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to 10 sachets of movicol

and

> he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually

goes

> 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a and

e.

> Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't

move

> anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I

think

> he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked lips,

> dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not

> disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the feeling

> that we haven't even touched what the problem is.

>

> What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of senna

so

> far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here.

>

Hi Steph,

Awful sitauation for you all. I'm so sorry.

here's some some random thoughts, maybe not strong enough in Tom's

situation, but just in case.

Have you tried pepppermint/peppermint oil? For me it works by

relaxing any knots and tension in my gut. In my case I use it

judiciously as too much of anything tends to have the opposite of the

intended result.

Fennel can be soothing for the gut, which sometimes persuades mine to

get moving again. Ditto slippery elm, though for me that's more

accumulatory.

Also if Tom is okay with gaba (brain-wise) it's invloved in gut

peristalsis too.

Have you tried hot water bottles or heat pads on the gut area front

and back. If Tom will allow that.

Sometimes I can sense where a knot is, I know I've got it right if it

feels hard and rigid. Here, very gentle massage, sometimes barely

touching and just with a finger, can release it. Maybe Tom show you

where it hurts most, then you might be able to feel a particularly

hard spot?

If I feel a bad situation coming on I use most of the above, check

I've been taking my minerals properly, and up the probiotics -but

then probiotics are unusally effective for me. Guess my gut responds

best to gentle persuasion rather than stronger stuff.

Yasko uses stronger herbs though e.g. yellow dock (that's high

oxalate), a few others that will be on her site but don't recall off

hand. Also triphala, which I have and would willingly send you, but

in my experience it kicks up liver detox, headaches etc too. Just say

if you'd like.

Jacqui

>

> I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to 10 sachets of movicol

and

> he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually

goes

> 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a and

e.

> Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't

move

> anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I

think

> he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked lips,

> dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not

> disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the feeling

> that we haven't even touched what the problem is.

>

> What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of senna

so

> far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here.

>

Hi Steph

I have some dulcolax if you need them. They usually have 5 mg ones OTC

but the 10 mg ones we have to have ordered in. Its commonly used for

constipation and they have suppositories and perles and allsorts of

kinds. If your local chemist doesnt have them try some others.

I remember one bad tioem when we visited the Hospital a lot with

and we could not get things shifted the Gastro told me they

could do something on a drip which is fairly vicious to get things

moving but sorry dont know anymore.

Poor you guys, hope he gets better soon. Could you call them again and

see what they think?

Luv Caz

xx

Hi Steph

I have some dulcolax if you need them. They usually have 5 mg ones OTC

but the 10 mg ones we have to have ordered in. Its commonly used for

constipation and they have suppositories and perles and allsorts of

kinds. If your local chemist doesnt have them try some others.

I remember one bad tioem when we visited the Hospital a lot with

and we could not get things shifted the Gastro told me they

could do something on a drip which is fairly vicious to get things

moving but sorry dont know anymore.

Poor you guys, hope he gets better soon. Could you call them again and

see what they think?

Luv Caz

xx

Many thanks for this, we'll try the peppermint oil, which he quite

likes. Well he drinks the tea anyway. He doesn't cope with Gaba

sadly.

xx

> >

> > I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to 10 sachets of

movicol

> and

> > he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually

> goes

> > 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a

and

> e.

> > Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't

> move

> > anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I

> think

> > he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked

lips,

> > dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not

> > disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the

feeling

> > that we haven't even touched what the problem is.

> >

> > What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of

senna

> so

> > far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here.

> >

>

Hi,

Peppermint is good for the bowel, but bad for reflux as it relaxes lower oesophageal sphincter too.

Sorry, can't recall if Tom has reflux........ hope he gets better very soon.

Patience

Subject: Re: Suppositories etc TomTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Steph,Awful sitauation for you all. I'm so sorry.here's some some random thoughts, maybe not strong enough in Tom's situation, but just in case.Have you tried pepppermint/ peppermint oil? For me it works by relaxing any knots and tension in my gut. In my case I use it judiciously as too much of anything tends to have the opposite of the intended result.Fennel can be soothing for the gut, which sometimes persuades mine to get moving again. Ditto slippery elm, though for me that's more accumulatory.Also if Tom is okay with gaba (brain-wise) it's invloved in gut peristalsis too.Have you tried hot water bottles or heat pads on the gut area front and back. If Tom will allow that.Sometimes I can sense where a knot is, I know I've got it right if it feels hard and rigid. Here, very gentle massage, sometimes barely touching and just with a finger, can release

it. Maybe Tom show you where it hurts most, then you might be able to feel a particularly hard spot?If I feel a bad situation coming on I use most of the above, check I've been taking my minerals properly, and up the probiotics -but then probiotics are unusally effective for me. Guess my gut responds best to gentle persuasion rather than stronger stuff.Yasko uses stronger herbs though e.g. yellow dock (that's high oxalate), a few others that will be on her site but don't recall off hand. Also triphala, which I have and would willingly send you, but in my experience it kicks up liver detox, headaches etc too. Just say if you'd like.Jacqui>> I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to

10 sachets of movicol and> he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually goes> 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a and e.> Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't move> anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I think> he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked lips,> dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not> disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the feeling> that we haven't even touched what the problem is.> > What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of senna so> far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here. >

Hi,

Peppermint is good for the bowel, but bad for reflux as it relaxes lower oesophageal sphincter too.

Sorry, can't recall if Tom has reflux........ hope he gets better very soon.

Patience

Subject: Re: Suppositories etc TomTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Steph,Awful sitauation for you all. I'm so sorry.here's some some random thoughts, maybe not strong enough in Tom's situation, but just in case.Have you tried pepppermint/ peppermint oil? For me it works by relaxing any knots and tension in my gut. In my case I use it judiciously as too much of anything tends to have the opposite of the intended result.Fennel can be soothing for the gut, which sometimes persuades mine to get moving again. Ditto slippery elm, though for me that's more accumulatory.Also if Tom is okay with gaba (brain-wise) it's invloved in gut peristalsis too.Have you tried hot water bottles or heat pads on the gut area front and back. If Tom will allow that.Sometimes I can sense where a knot is, I know I've got it right if it feels hard and rigid. Here, very gentle massage, sometimes barely touching and just with a finger, can release

it. Maybe Tom show you where it hurts most, then you might be able to feel a particularly hard spot?If I feel a bad situation coming on I use most of the above, check I've been taking my minerals properly, and up the probiotics -but then probiotics are unusally effective for me. Guess my gut responds best to gentle persuasion rather than stronger stuff.Yasko uses stronger herbs though e.g. yellow dock (that's high oxalate), a few others that will be on her site but don't recall off hand. Also triphala, which I have and would willingly send you, but in my experience it kicks up liver detox, headaches etc too. Just say if you'd like.Jacqui>> I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to

10 sachets of movicol and> he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually goes> 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a and e.> Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't move> anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I think> he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked lips,> dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not> disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the feeling> that we haven't even touched what the problem is.> > What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of senna so> far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here. >

Just double checked - side effects of proton pump inhibitors for reflux include constipation, bloating, gut pain etc. Could these be exacerbating Tom's problems? Just a thought.

Patience

From: fideaueater <delymebtinternet (DOT) com>Subject: [Autism-Biomedical- Europe] Re: Suppositories etc TomTo: Autism-Biomedical- Europe@yahoogrou ps.comDate: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 10:31 AM

Just double checked - side effects of proton pump inhibitors for reflux include constipation, bloating, gut pain etc. Could these be exacerbating Tom's problems? Just a thought.

Patience

From: fideaueater <delymebtinternet (DOT) com>Subject: [Autism-Biomedical- Europe] Re: Suppositories etc TomTo: Autism-Biomedical- Europe@yahoogrou ps.comDate: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 10:31 AM

We stopped omeprazole a while ago so probably not but it does sound

as if maybe peppermint oil not good as he does have issues with

oesophagitis. thanks again!! x

> >

> > I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to 10 sachets of movicol

> and

> > he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually

> goes

> > 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a

and

> e.

> > Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't

> move

> > anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but I

> think

> > he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked

lips,

> > dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not

> > disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the feeling

> > that we haven't even touched what the problem is.

> >

> > What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of

senna

> so

> > far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here.

> >

>

Steph,

So sorry for Tom is having such a terrible time.Just been racking my

brains and wondered if resting his gut for a while,just giving him

fluids for a day or so and see if his gut relaxes a bit and starts

working again.I know following surgery on the gut you should rest it

and the motlility often starts up again.

Love Sharon xx

> > >

> > > I think Tom's problem is further up. Up to 10 sachets of

movicol

> > and

> > > he's still moving less than he does in a normal day. He usually

> > goes

> > > 2 to 3 times a day. Not sure at which point we go back into a

> and

> > e.

> > > Although what they can do is anyone's guess. The enema didn't

> > move

> > > anything at all. I'd hoped everything else would move down but

I

> > think

> > > he's still got overflow. He is white as a sheet still, cracked

> lips,

> > > dark eyes. He is eating and his SIB has reduced although not

> > > disappeared. He's in a reasonable mood but I just get the

feeling

> > > that we haven't even touched what the problem is.

> > >

> > > What about curcumin or syrup of figs? We've steered clear of

> senna

> > so

> > > far, what else is there? We can't get dulcolax OTC here.

> > >

> >

>

I agree, would be worth trying that.

also Steph there were a couple of videos on youtube on using tapping (EFT) to relieve constipation. I tried it a few times and it did help. These were very very simple ‘tappings’ that you could maybe do on him yourself?? I could not trace those videos again – they were by oriental-looking US woman doctor. But have a look at these acupressure techniques for relieving constipation, maybe something to try?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNtWG6hGVNA & feature=PlayList & p=DACDB128CA723B39 & playnext=1 & index=45

Steph,

Love Sharon xx

> > >

movicol

> > and

> > goes

> and

> > e.

> > move

I

> > think

> lips,

feeling

> > >

> senna

> > so

> > >

> >

>

I agree, would be worth trying that.

also Steph there were a couple of videos on youtube on using tapping (EFT) to relieve constipation. I tried it a few times and it did help. These were very very simple ‘tappings’ that you could maybe do on him yourself?? I could not trace those videos again – they were by oriental-looking US woman doctor. But have a look at these acupressure techniques for relieving constipation, maybe something to try?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNtWG6hGVNA & feature=PlayList & p=DACDB128CA723B39 & playnext=1 & index=45

Steph,

Love Sharon xx

> > >

movicol

> > and

> > goes

> and

> > e.

> > move

I

> > think

> lips,

feeling

> > >

> senna

> > so

> > >

> >

>