RemedySpot.com

Need Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

----- Original Message -----

> BTW, does depression go with OCD or is that a separate issue?

*****Depression is a disorder in its own right, but people with OCD have a

higher chance of having depression too than people without OCD.

But it's not a given, my child has had OCD for over five years but has not

had an episode of depression so far. We do keep an eye out for this though.

Kathy R. in Indiana

----- Original Message -----

> BTW, does depression go with OCD or is that a separate issue?

*****Depression is a disorder in its own right, but people with OCD have a

higher chance of having depression too than people without OCD.

But it's not a given, my child has had OCD for over five years but has not

had an episode of depression so far. We do keep an eye out for this though.

Kathy R. in Indiana

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The very first thing that popped into my mind was Acupuncture!! A friend of mine had his knee very badly damaged by a large dog this summer, and he is almost back to 100% from getting just a few treatments of acupuncture. Especially since the problem involves joints, I think acupuncture would give you great relief (most people say they get relief after the very first treatment). Also, reflexology would be great. I just got Reiki III certified a few weeks ago and my Reiki Master also does reflexology and she just loves it to death. And that is something you could do for yourself, just pick up one of those basic "How To" books and work on the area. Teddyberen@... wrote: Hi..I have been trying to heal my thumb area from an injury to no avail and am open to any suggestions. I saw an Orthopedic physician today and I allowed him to take some x-rays and for a layman's term, I have what is called a trigger thumb. Much pain and where my knuckle is, that area locks. Dr. said I have two choices mega cortisone injections and if that does not work, which he doubts it will, then surgery. I was an operatiing room nurse at one time, and I rejected both suggestions, as I have seen this surgery twice and it was not a success. He gave me a brace to wear, which is similar to one I have.I have been

treating this area for awhile now, and it is not becoming any better.. Any suggestions? Appreciate any input on this.. have pain where the bone is and when the thumb knucle locks.Thanks Diane M/Florida

Sponsored Link$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info

• 2 years later...

We are reviewing all of our standards of care and care plan guides..

Looking for feedback on bathing the normal newborn.(not hypoglycemic)

All answers would be appreciated! Thanks

1. How old is the infant at first bath?

2:Is the initial bath done in the labor room, nursery or on Mother/baby or postpartum?

3. What about c/s infants? do they go to recovery room with mom, or to a nursery? Are they bathed in nursery or postpartum?

4: if you would do a baby bath on a stable baby after the first breastfeeding, how likely is the mom to comprehend a teaching bath demo vs. just watching the baby have its first photo op bath? Or do you have a separate time that a bath demo is given to mom, like on the next day in the room or in a discharge class?

Thanks, LaurieMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

To: OBnurses CC: NICUnurses From: kemper1974@...Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:00:10 -0500Subject: [OBnurses] Need Help

1. How old is the infant at first bath? No special age criteria--depends on temp

2:Is the initial bath done in the labor room, nursery or on Mother/baby or postpartum? Nursery

3. What about c/s infants? do they go to recovery room with mom, or to a nursery? Are they bathed in nursery or postpartum? Babies go to nursery, and bathed prior to being brought to mom on pp

4: if you would do a baby bath on a stable baby after the first breastfeeding, how likely is the mom to comprehend a teaching bath demo vs. just watching the baby have its first photo op bath? Or do you have a separate time that a bath demo is given to mom, like on the next day in the room or in a discharge class? I don't think any mom, right after delivery and breastfeeding, would assimilate much if intent on teaching then. We offer bath classes daily, and encourage ALL primips to attend prior to discharge.Hope this helpedCookie in NJ

Thanks, LaurieMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

To: OBnurses CC: NICUnurses From: kemper1974@...Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:00:10 -0500Subject: [OBnurses] Need Help

1. How old is the infant at first bath? No special age criteria--depends on temp

2:Is the initial bath done in the labor room, nursery or on Mother/baby or postpartum? Nursery

3. What about c/s infants? do they go to recovery room with mom, or to a nursery? Are they bathed in nursery or postpartum? Babies go to nursery, and bathed prior to being brought to mom on pp

4: if you would do a baby bath on a stable baby after the first breastfeeding, how likely is the mom to comprehend a teaching bath demo vs. just watching the baby have its first photo op bath? Or do you have a separate time that a bath demo is given to mom, like on the next day in the room or in a discharge class? I don't think any mom, right after delivery and breastfeeding, would assimilate much if intent on teaching then. We offer bath classes daily, and encourage ALL primips to attend prior to discharge.Hope this helpedCookie in NJ

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.