RemedySpot.com

Sheehan Syndrome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all - I have a patient who has numerous signs of Sheehan Syndrome years after the birth of her twins (they are now 5)- low prolactin (normal FSH and LH), amennorrhea, hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency.  Interestingly, she was able to nurse her twins...her symptoms then began after she finished nursing.  She also does not have a known history of " severe " blood loss during L & D, but I'm thinking it's possible that the normal amount of blood lost with twins might have been enough to deprive her pituitary.  MRI of head about 2 years ago was WNL.  She has seen 2 endocrinologists and neither of them had any diagnosis to offer - just said that she should take OCP's long-term. 

Questions: Has anyone had success treating Sheehan Syndrome? If so, what did you use?  I am currently supporting thyroid and adrenals.  What are favorite pituitary supportive therapies?Thanks,Liz Orchard, ND

St. /Minneapolis, MN-- Doctor of Naturopathic MedicineVisit the website for more info:

www.bewellnaturalmedicine.com

Follow me on FacebookConfidentiality Statement:

This

e-mail, including attachments, is covered by

the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential

and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.

Guest guest

Liz, use Hypophisinum 4CH and find a LENS neurofeedback referral for her. Gens to increase blood flow to that area would also be helpful. Dr. Christie Winkelman, ND, MAInsights to Health ClinicHttp://www.InsightsToHealth.net Sent from my iPhonePlease excuse any typographic errors!

Hi all - I have a patient who has numerous signs of Sheehan Syndrome years after the birth of her twins (they are now 5)- low prolactin (normal FSH and LH), amennorrhea, hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency. Interestingly, she was able to nurse her twins...her symptoms then began after she finished nursing. She also does not have a known history of "severe" blood loss during L & D, but I'm thinking it's possible that the normal amount of blood lost with twins might have been enough to deprive her pituitary. MRI of head about 2 years ago was WNL. She has seen 2 endocrinologists and neither of them had any diagnosis to offer - just said that she should take OCP's long-term.

Questions: Has anyone had success treating Sheehan Syndrome? If so, what did you use? I am currently supporting thyroid and adrenals. What are favorite pituitary supportive therapies?Thanks,Liz Orchard, ND

St. /Minneapolis, MN-- Doctor of Naturopathic MedicineVisit the website for more info:

www.bewellnaturalmedicine.com

Follow me on FacebookConfidentiality Statement:

This

e-mail, including attachments, is covered by

the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential

and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.