RemedySpot.com

Re: UTI/Prostatitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Get the appropriate workup for cancer done. Do you due diligence as a physician. Insist upon it.

Let me share a story of a gentleman of similar age who came to me a while ago for something near the same. He thought his pain was "stomach related", despite high PSA, losing over 15 pounds, pissing blood, blood indices off, and full body aches so bad he couldn't sleep or remain still in the meeting without squirming. He was with VA, and I told him I didn't think this was stomach related, told him he needed a proper evaluation for cancer, including a biopsy and/or MRI (which he was resistant to) and referred him BACK to VA to get workup done for cancer (prostate), called the RN over there to prioritize getting him in ASAP that day, voicing my concerns this guy has cancer with mets, etc, etc. The guy was a little resistant despite my urging to get him diagnosed and/or staged, the VA delayed getting him in despite my phone follow-ups to see if he got in + oncologist, etc. Time goes by. Two months later I'm reading his obituary in the paper.

I am able to look back knowing I did all that I could for this person, despite his own denial. My advice to you is to not risk something happening to your patient, then get left wondering if you did all that you could. It is very important to know what you are dealing with.

The cold, hard truth is you've a duty to to uphold for the highest and best good for your patient. My advise is to refer him out to rule out cancer via a thorough evaluation, biopsy and all. If he's not open to it, then you should cease his care.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lemley

Bozeman, MT

NCNM '99