RemedySpot.com

Re: New! Intellectrodes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

foxx,Thanks for the, um, heads up on these electrodes.Question: how much prep is actually needed? do you have to clean the head? rub it with alcohol first? do you use less paste than you would with regular electrodes?

Listmates,

We are now carrying an exciting new form of active electrode, the

Intellectrode. It has definite advantages over older forms of

actives,including a better price. Pete will be doing a review early in

January. But in the meantime, check them out at

http://www.brain-trainer.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?shop=get_item & item_id=78

Foxx

--

foxx,Thanks for the, um, heads up on these electrodes.Question: how much prep is actually needed? do you have to clean the head? rub it with alcohol first? do you use less paste than you would with regular electrodes?

Listmates,

Foxx

--

You don't need to prep. Same amount of paste.

Foxx

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:47:44 -0500, Margoshes wrote

> foxx,

> > Thanks for the, um, heads up on these electrodes.

> > Question: how much prep is actually needed? do you have to clean the head? rub it with alcohol first? do you use less paste than you would with regular electrodes?

> > On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:54 PM, <foxxcafebongo> wrote:

>

> > Listmates,

> > We are now carrying an exciting new form of active electrode, the > Intellectrode. It has definite advantages over older forms of > actives,including a better price. Pete will be doing a review early in > January. But in the meantime, check them out at

> > http://www.brain-trainer.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?shop=get_item & item_id=78

> > Foxx

> > --

> >

>

--

,No prep needed as Foxx reported.Paste used only in areas with hair. You use self-adhesive electrodes for mastoid (don't use earlobes) or other areas without hair.Pete

-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Listmates,

Foxx

--

Thanks, Pete. Just read your review of these smart electrodes.After struggling with connections for over a year I'm seriously considering this additional outlay of money, although in these times that's not easy. I do have some more questions, though, and hope others will find this discussion interesting. Otherwise, tell me and I'll backchannel.

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called " leads " and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).

And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the " check impedance " function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I " ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?

Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).Thanks -

Liz

,No prep needed as Foxx reported.Paste used only in areas with hair. You use self-adhesive electrodes for mastoid (don't use earlobes) or other areas without hair.Pete

-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Listmates,

Foxx

--

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.

There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called " neurotrodes " . They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes.

2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.

The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.

You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called " leads " and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).

And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the " check impedance " function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I " ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?

Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.

There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called " neurotrodes " . They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes.

2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.

The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.

You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).

I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks.

Liz

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks.

Liz

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

It would be much more helpful for all of us if whoever back-channeled you reported his experience to the list. I'd like to know if this is a common problem or a rare occurrence. If the person who back-channeled you is the same person who wrote to me back-channel about two electrodes " burn out " , then I repeat what I wrote to him: I'd like to know more about what exactly happened. I've been in contact with half a dozen people who've used these electrodes and have reported no problems whatsoever.

One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...

http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

It would be much more helpful for all of us if whoever back-channeled you reported his experience to the list. I'd like to know if this is a common problem or a rare occurrence. If the person who back-channeled you is the same person who wrote to me back-channel about two electrodes " burn out " , then I repeat what I wrote to him: I'd like to know more about what exactly happened. I've been in contact with half a dozen people who've used these electrodes and have reported no problems whatsoever.

One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...

Pete,It is, in fact, the same individual. I agree with you that sharing info is the preferred way to go here! It's also very helpful to hear that you know of a number of people who've done well with the product.

Liz

One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusen

pvdtlc@...

Pete,It is, in fact, the same individual. I agree with you that sharing info is the preferred way to go here! It's also very helpful to hear that you know of a number of people who've done well with the product.

Liz

One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusen

pvdtlc@...

I have had the older type active electrode for about two years now, maybe I am not as heavy a user as some of the people on this list but I have had no problems whatso ever. No preparation just hook up and go. Heaps less mess. Some people use the disposables more than once.

Cheers Tony

To: braintrainer Sent: Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 6:19:53 AMSubject: Re: New! Intellectrodes

I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks.Liz

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Van Deusen <pvdtlcgmail (DOT) com> wrote:

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called "neurotrodes". They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver

center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes. 2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance

to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmail (DOT) comhttp://www.brain- trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshes@ gmail.com> wrote:

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called "leads" and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the "check impedance" function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I"ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term

experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).

I have had the older type active electrode for about two years now, maybe I am not as heavy a user as some of the people on this list but I have had no problems whatso ever. No preparation just hook up and go. Heaps less mess. Some people use the disposables more than once.

Cheers Tony

To: braintrainer Sent: Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 6:19:53 AMSubject: Re: New! Intellectrodes

I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks.Liz

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called "neurotrodes". They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver

center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes. 2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance

to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmail (DOT) comhttp://www.brain- trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called "leads" and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the "check impedance" function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I"ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term

experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).

Hi to allI have not before communicated on this forum to date but feel as we have been using these Intellectrodes for some time now - can be of assistance in relating our experience with them. My husband and I are Brain State Technology™ affiliates in the UK and have been using these electrodes since they came available. With what I presume to be the first batch we found a few small issues with the disposable pellets sometimes being loose when they were fitted into the electrodes and this we assumed caused faulty data but once they were replaced all is fine. There are always teething issues with new products but many of the Brain State Technology™ affiliates have been using them for a while now - so anything that has come up will have been addressed. Our issue is the 50HZ (in the UK) interference which we constantly are working to eliminate - but this is not an electrode issue we feel and we are more than happy with the Intellectrodes.And as an extra - this forum is great and has a wonderful "vibe" - willing to help and share information and ideas. May you all continue to do so in the way you do and grow in strength and wisdom to help as many come on your path needing it.Have just read the recent email on this forum referring to possible low thyroid and this leads me to mention a modality which can be of tremendous help in determining root cause of issues (which as a Brain State Technology™ affiliate we do NOT do as we only balance and harmonize where we do not have a medical qualification) - and this is VoiceBio©™ - absolutely amazing and also provides information of which notes can be "toned in" to raise specific frequencies that are low in the VoicePrint and any sounds played back to the client can then be done so in these particular note/s. This is the main site in the US: http://www.voicebio.com/ and the founder - Kae -Liu is very accessible and incredibly knowledgeable/qualified in a wide range of healing modalities. The equipment and software needed is very reasonable and utterly invaluable is assisting what we are all fundamentally doing - worth checking out.....Mariel FlannaganPerformance and Life Enhancement targeted technologiesHollis CottageNewtownIsle Of WightPO30 4PAUnited KingdomTel: +44 (0)1983 531 424http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...Pete,It'>http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...Pete,It is, in fact, the same individual. I agree with you that sharing info is the preferred way to go here! It's also very helpful to hear that you know of a number of people who've done well with the product. LizOn Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Van Deusen <pvdtlcgmail> wrote:It would be much more helpful for all of us if whoever back-channeled you reported his experience to the list. I'd like to know if this is a common problem or a rare occurrence. If the person who back-channeled you is the same person who wrote to me back-channel about two electrodes "burn out", then I repeat what I wrote to him: I'd like to know more about what exactly happened. I've been in contact with half a dozen people who've used these electrodes and have reported no problems whatsoever. One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshesgmail> wrote:I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks. Performance and Life Enhancement targeted technologiesHollis CottageNewtownIsle Of WightPO30 4PAUnited KingdomTel: +44 (0)1983 531 424http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...

Hi to allI have not before communicated on this forum to date but feel as we have been using these Intellectrodes for some time now - can be of assistance in relating our experience with them. My husband and I are Brain State Technology™ affiliates in the UK and have been using these electrodes since they came available. With what I presume to be the first batch we found a few small issues with the disposable pellets sometimes being loose when they were fitted into the electrodes and this we assumed caused faulty data but once they were replaced all is fine. There are always teething issues with new products but many of the Brain State Technology™ affiliates have been using them for a while now - so anything that has come up will have been addressed. Our issue is the 50HZ (in the UK) interference which we constantly are working to eliminate - but this is not an electrode issue we feel and we are more than happy with the Intellectrodes.And as an extra - this forum is great and has a wonderful "vibe" - willing to help and share information and ideas. May you all continue to do so in the way you do and grow in strength and wisdom to help as many come on your path needing it.Have just read the recent email on this forum referring to possible low thyroid and this leads me to mention a modality which can be of tremendous help in determining root cause of issues (which as a Brain State Technology™ affiliate we do NOT do as we only balance and harmonize where we do not have a medical qualification) - and this is VoiceBio©™ - absolutely amazing and also provides information of which notes can be "toned in" to raise specific frequencies that are low in the VoicePrint and any sounds played back to the client can then be done so in these particular note/s. This is the main site in the US: http://www.voicebio.com/ and the founder - Kae -Liu is very accessible and incredibly knowledgeable/qualified in a wide range of healing modalities. The equipment and software needed is very reasonable and utterly invaluable is assisting what we are all fundamentally doing - worth checking out.....Mariel FlannaganPerformance and Life Enhancement targeted technologiesHollis CottageNewtownIsle Of WightPO30 4PAUnited KingdomTel: +44 (0)1983 531 424http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...Pete,It'>http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...Pete,It is, in fact, the same individual. I agree with you that sharing info is the preferred way to go here! It's also very helpful to hear that you know of a number of people who've done well with the product. LizOn Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Van Deusen <pvdtlcgmail> wrote:It would be much more helpful for all of us if whoever back-channeled you reported his experience to the list. I'd like to know if this is a common problem or a rare occurrence. If the person who back-channeled you is the same person who wrote to me back-channel about two electrodes "burn out", then I repeat what I wrote to him: I'd like to know more about what exactly happened. I've been in contact with half a dozen people who've used these electrodes and have reported no problems whatsoever. One of the benefits of this kind of community is that we can share information out in the open and help each other avoid making mistakes.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshesgmail> wrote:I've now been backchannelled by somebody who says he's had to return two of these within the past few months because they conked out on him. I assume he's not interested in going public with this info, but it is dampening my enthusiasm. Would love to know how these work out for anybody else who takes the plunge. Thanks. Performance and Life Enhancement targeted technologiesHollis CottageNewtownIsle Of WightPO30 4PAUnited KingdomTel: +44 (0)1983 531 424http://www.palett.co.ukmailto:info@...

Tony, when you say hook up you mean paste on? I wonder if it would be possible to stick them under a Neuroband-type thing that's held on with velcro to eliminate paste entirely? anyone tried that with Activ's?

Liz

Cheers Tony

To: braintrainer

Sent: Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 6:19:53 AMSubject: Re: New! Intellectrodes

Liz

There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called " neurotrodes " . They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver

center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes. 2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.

You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmail (DOT) comhttp://www.brain- trainer.com

Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term

What is the actual amplification factor of yon Intellectrode gizmo?

And what percentage reduction of 60Hz hum is actually achieved

in an electrically noisy environment with them?

- Lenny Gray -

- Lenny Gray -

- Lenny Gray -

Liz

Try using Spectrum 360 gel.

Mark

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called "neurotrodes". They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes. 2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called "leads" and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the "check impedance" function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I"ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).

Liz

Try using Spectrum 360 gel.

Mark

,The leads, which you can see in the photo on the website, have a plug that goes into the power box; out of the plug come two wires: a shorter one with a DIN plug on the end, like any other standard electrode, and a longer one with a head that has a snap in it. You buy the snap-in supplies package of your choice (see them on the brain-trainer website also). If you have the DIN extender to use with your EEG Sensors for Infiniti users, you can use the Intellectrodes exactly as you would any standard electrode, and I assume you can check impedance as you have, though there should be none.There are two types: 1. Blue circles with a silver center, which are used on areas with hair are called "neurotrodes". They snap into the electrode head and can be used many times. As I mentioned in the review, you just wipe the paste off them to clean them. To apply them, you put a dab of paste over the silver center and press that onto a cleared scalp area. The paste holds the electrode in place and it provides a conductive path for the signal from the scalp, just as with standard electrodes. 2. The second type is actually an ECG electrode with an adhesive back. It snaps into the electrode head and can be stuck to the mastoid bone, forehead, back of the neck or wherever there is not hair. These are peeled off the skin and thrown away after each use.The snap-in supplies package comes with (I think) 300 of the disposables and 120 of the neurotrodes. You can get the package without paste for $160. If you always do 2-channel training, using 2 active and 2 reference and a ground, you're looking at 100 sessions at a cost of $1.60/session for the disposable electrodes.You don't have to prep because the powered electrode heads boost the signal at the site where they connect with the skin, reducing impedance to zero.As I mentioned in the review, the problems with the previous active electrodes were related to the use of an internal 9-volt battery. Each time you had to change the battery or recharge it, you had to open the back of the power box, fish out the battery and unsnap it from the cable, snap a new one onto the cable and push it back into the opening. It was almost impossible to do this over and over every couple days forever without putting enough stress on the battery cable, which was soldered inside the power box, without damaging the connection or the wire enough to cause a short-circuit, or even to pull it completely loose. The new design uses the same technology of boosting the signal with pre-amps in the electrode heads, but because you simply plug the recharger in at the end of the day and let the battery recharge, that should no longer be an issue.

It's hard for me to picture this setup. These use disposable electrodes. I'm not sure what that means. Is the electrode just the little cup that goes on the head, and this is why they're disposable here? what part is actually disposable? (oh, maybe the wires are called "leads" and not electrodes?) Do you HAVE to dispose of them each time? I'm assuming they're not expensive? (in other words, if you throw them away, then you're getting another cost to hook somebody up each time).And -- are you just using the paste for its sticky quality now, and that's why you don't have to prep?also -- with my TT Procomp, will I still be able to use the "check impedance" function, just to see what's going on re: impedances? and I assume I"ll be able to use the same TT Z-sensors? everything the same, only new wires/electrodes plugged into the sensors?Are these electrodes brand new on the market? I'd feel better if anybody had longer-term experience with them (in the sense that your review states that the Activs tended to break over time).