RemedySpot.com

Re: Is it considered safe to travel with biofeedback equipment?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mike,

I have travelled domestically with neurofeedback equipment on several occassions and have never had any problems. Expect that the security folks may want to look it over carefully, and possibly allow a few extra minutes for the inspection. Explain to them that it is medical equipment, and make things easier on yourself by packing the paste and nu-prep in your checked luggage. I have had those materials (greater than the 3-oz. limit) actually ditched into a large garbage can before I could explain that they were for medical purposes. ( Of course, it was nice that the guard fished them out of the garbage, but now I just check the paste/gel.)Happy travels,

Merrifield

-------------- Original message from "chiapetfarmer" : --------------

Hello listmates,I'm traveling to California next week to meet up with some collegefriends and I wanted to introduce them while maintaining my ownpractice of neurofeedback. Is it considered safe/wise to travelwith neurofeedback equipment-pocket-A3, active-EEG electrodes, andmaybe an HEG headband along with my 1-year old laptop in my carry-onthrough the airport system? I figure Pete must continue to do it, andI've never heard any harrowing stories.I remember Pete had said he often endures lay-overs by fine-tuningfeedback in BioExplorer on his laptop. Any suggestions? My curiosityis really getting the better of me..Thanks,Mike

Mike,

Make sure you don't have holes in your socks or toothepaste (or conductive paste/prep) in your carryons, and you'll be fine. I've never (except once in Thailand) even had anyone LOOK at it! Never had a question. Never had any concern about anything by my shoes and my shampoo.

Pete

Hello listmates,I'm traveling to California next week to meet up with some collegefriends and I wanted to introduce them while maintaining my ownpractice of neurofeedback. Is it considered safe/wise to travel

with neurofeedback equipment-pocket-A3, active-EEG electrodes, andmaybe an HEG headband along with my 1-year old laptop in my carry-onthrough the airport system? I figure Pete must continue to do it, andI've never heard any harrowing stories.

I remember Pete had said he often endures lay-overs by fine-tuningfeedback in BioExplorer on his laptop. Any suggestions? My curiosityis really getting the better of me..Thanks,Mike

-- Van Deusen

pvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Mike,On a few occasions TSA has taken a look at the NFB equipment.  I think non-standard electronics can trigger some curiosity.  Once they actually swiped my 4 channel QDS with the swabs that detect explosives.  The worst that can happen is most likely a delay while they hand inspect.Mike, Make sure you don't have holes in your socks or toothepaste (or conductive paste/prep) in your carryons, and you'll be fine.  I've never (except once in Thailand) even had anyone LOOK at it!  Never had a question.  Never had any concern about anything by my shoes and my shampoo. PeteHello listmates,I'm traveling to California next week to meet up with some collegefriends and I wanted to introduce them while maintaining my ownpractice of neurofeedback. Is it considered safe/wise to travel with neurofeedback equipment-pocket-A3, active-EEG electrodes, andmaybe an HEG headband along with my 1-year old laptop in my carry-onthrough the airport system? I figure Pete must continue to do it, andI've never heard any harrowing stories. I remember Pete had said he often endures lay-overs by fine-tuningfeedback in BioExplorer on his laptop. Any suggestions? My curiosityis really getting the better of me..Thanks,Mike --  Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc. 

--- USFamily.Net - $8.25/mo! -- Highspeed - $19.99/mo! ---

Mike,On a few occasions TSA has taken a look at the NFB equipment.  I think non-standard electronics can trigger some curiosity.  Once they actually swiped my 4 channel QDS with the swabs that detect explosives.  The worst that can happen is most likely a delay while they hand inspect.Mike, Make sure you don't have holes in your socks or toothepaste (or conductive paste/prep) in your carryons, and you'll be fine.  I've never (except once in Thailand) even had anyone LOOK at it!  Never had a question.  Never had any concern about anything by my shoes and my shampoo. PeteHello listmates,I'm traveling to California next week to meet up with some collegefriends and I wanted to introduce them while maintaining my ownpractice of neurofeedback. Is it considered safe/wise to travel with neurofeedback equipment-pocket-A3, active-EEG electrodes, andmaybe an HEG headband along with my 1-year old laptop in my carry-onthrough the airport system? I figure Pete must continue to do it, andI've never heard any harrowing stories. I remember Pete had said he often endures lay-overs by fine-tuningfeedback in BioExplorer on his laptop. Any suggestions? My curiosityis really getting the better of me..Thanks,Mike --  Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I have problems is when I forget to put the electrode paste with my other liquids. If you store it with your EEG equipment it will look exactly like a bomb in the scanners! (speaking from experience).

The pROSHI is nearly always examined for explosives probably because of the large battery inside it.-Carl

Ha, Ha I like the sock reminder. Yes, all well noted. Thank you for

all of your help!Mike>> > Hello listmates,

> > I'm traveling to California next week to meet up with some college> > friends and I wanted to introduce them while maintaining my own> > practice of neurofeedback. Is it considered safe/wise to travel

> > with neurofeedback equipment-pocket-A3, active-EEG electrodes, and> > maybe an HEG headband along with my 1-year old laptop in my carry-on> > through the airport system? I figure Pete must continue to do it, and

> > I've never heard any harrowing stories.> > I remember Pete had said he often endures lay-overs by fine-tuning> > feedback in BioExplorer on his laptop. Any suggestions? My curiosity> > is really getting the better of me..

> > Thanks,> > Mike> >> >> >>>>> --> Van Deusen> pvdtlc@...> http://www.brain-trainer.com

> 305/433-3160> The Learning Curve, Inc.>