RemedySpot.com

Re: Audio in DVD decoder won't

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tamera,Try to download free the NIMO CODEC PACK , and install y the Full option.Then go to Preferences in BioExplorer, and then DVD settings, and there choose the DVD Options to see which can activate your DVD Player.

You will see in GREEN LETTERS = VMR ON 00:00:00 in the Control Panel of the DVD Player, on the Bottom of the screen. If you get this message. this means you have activated successfully the DVD player for BioExplorer and you will do a nice NFK Session.

You have to place a Real DVD disk in the DVD Drive.Good Luck.If this don't work. You should try to get the POWER DVD 8 That for sure will make it work.Best Regards

Hi, All,

I am trying to help someone get her computer up and running, and our

last hurdle is that we can't get the audio in the DVD player to work.

We could get video but no audio.

Today we tried WinDVD+ and downloading DScaler. Both function fine

from the desktop, but neither appears in the list under

Bioexplorer/Preferences/DVD Settings, so we couldn't select them as

options.

I presume this is a Vista issue, but how in the world does one

attach/link the decoders into Bioexplorer's list?

Thanks!

Tamera

-- Dr. Rocatti, M.D.qdssystems@... http://www.qeeg.com.ar QDS Systems

Biosignal Research Tools

The D-scaler decoder package didn't appear in BioExplorer Preferences even though I had downloaded it until I "unzipped" it.

nick

Subject: Audio in DVD decoder won'tTo: braintrainer Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 7:53 PM

Hi, All,I am trying to help someone get her computer up and running, and ourlast hurdle is that we can't get the audio in the DVD player to work. We could get video but no audio.Today we tried WinDVD+ and downloading DScaler. Both function finefrom the desktop, but neither appears in the list underBioexplorer/ Preferences/ DVD Settings, so we couldn't select them as options.I presume this is a Vista issue, but how in the world does one attach/link the decoders into Bioexplorer' s list?Thanks!Tamera

The D-scaler decoder package didn't appear in BioExplorer Preferences even though I had downloaded it until I "unzipped" it.

nick

Subject: Audio in DVD decoder won'tTo: braintrainer Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 7:53 PM

Hi, All,I am trying to help someone get her computer up and running, and ourlast hurdle is that we can't get the audio in the DVD player to work. We could get video but no audio.Today we tried WinDVD+ and downloading DScaler. Both function finefrom the desktop, but neither appears in the list underBioexplorer/ Preferences/ DVD Settings, so we couldn't select them as options.I presume this is a Vista issue, but how in the world does one attach/link the decoders into Bioexplorer' s list?Thanks!Tamera

Thank you, .

I tried both of these, and I could not get the NIMO Codec Pack to appear in preferences. I also tried downloading PowerDVD 8 and had no luck with it, either--I was able to get it to appear under preferences, but then Bioexplorer wouldn't create the dvd player.

I'm obviously missing something. I think I'll try going back and unzipping DScaler, and then I'll try reloading PowerDVD to see whether there was an install issue.

I appreciate the help!

Tamera

Tamera,Did you install the Nimo Codec Pack, with the Power DVD8 and didn't worked?Regards

I reloaded PowerDVD8, but no luck. In fact, the options that appeared

(Cyberlink SP/video decoder PDVD8 version 8.1.0.1513 for video and

version 6.1.8.5127) don't even create the player.

I also went back to DScaler, but it was already unzipped.

It seems to me that the problem is getting the applications to connect

to Bioexplorer--things run fine from the desktop, but PowerDVD is the

only one of the new options I've tried that even appears in the dvd

settings list of Bioexplorer.

I'm sending this person home without dvd capability, and this is a huge

disappointment--seems I encouraged this person to purchase and work

with equipment that doesn't work. I'm going to try to continue to help

this person from afar, so if there are further suggestions, I am not

giving up on this challenge!

Thanks again so much,

Tamera

Biosignal Research Tools

Tamera,Did you install the Nimo Codec Pack, with the Power DVD8 and didn't worked?Regards

I reloaded PowerDVD8, but no luck. In fact, the options that appeared

(Cyberlink SP/video decoder PDVD8 version 8.1.0.1513 for video and

version 6.1.8.5127) don't even create the player.

I also went back to DScaler, but it was already unzipped.

It seems to me that the problem is getting the applications to connect

to Bioexplorer--things run fine from the desktop, but PowerDVD is the

only one of the new options I've tried that even appears in the dvd

settings list of Bioexplorer.

I'm sending this person home without dvd capability, and this is a huge

disappointment--seems I encouraged this person to purchase and work

with equipment that doesn't work. I'm going to try to continue to help

this person from afar, so if there are further suggestions, I am not

giving up on this challenge!

Thanks again so much,

Tamera

Biosignal Research Tools

I had a similar problem at one time and fixed it by using the control panel to uninstall all DVD programs.  Then I reinstalled powerDVD and it worked fine.   THere were apparently some conflicts among the may codec that prevented BE from handling the DVDs. georgemartin@...www.northstarneurofeedback.com Tamera,Did you install the Nimo Codec Pack, with the Power DVD8 and didn't worked?RegardsOn Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:35 PM, siminowdt  wrote:I reloaded PowerDVD8, but no luck. In fact, the options that appeared (Cyberlink SP/video decoder PDVD8 version 8.1.0.1513 for video and version 6.1.8.5127) don't even create the player.I also went back to DScaler, but it was already unzipped.It seems to me that the problem is getting the applications to connect to Bioexplorer--things run fine from the desktop, but PowerDVD is the only one of the new options I've tried that even appears in the dvd settings list of Bioexplorer.I'm sending this person home without dvd capability, and this is a huge disappointment--seems I encouraged this person to purchase and work with equipment that doesn't work. I'm going to try to continue to help this person from afar, so if there are further suggestions, I am not giving up on this challenge!Thanks again so much,Tamera-- Dr. Rocatti, M.D.qdssystems@...  http://www.qeeg.com.ar QDS SystemsBiosignal Research Tools

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---

Right. I installed the Nimo Codec, then PowerDVD8. I even uninstalled, then re-installed PowerDVD8. Should I have done something to link Nimo Codec Pack to PowerDVD?

This person is gone now, but I hope to continue to help via telephone, and she has a friend who's computer savvy and willing to help. I've set her up with Pac Man (though her son is bothered by the scratching sound of the pac man) and some flash videos that don't require sound, so we have a short-term patch.

Tamera

Dear Tamera,what you have to be sure is that you have installed the original audio Drivers of the Audio Card of that computer as well.No, the Nimo Codex Pack once installed AFTER the power DVD, it makes it work.

I dont know why. But i have done this in more than 5 Computers with Win XP and VIsta.Good Luckand Happy 2009

Right. I installed the Nimo Codec, then PowerDVD8. I even uninstalled, then re-installed PowerDVD8. Should I have done something to link Nimo Codec Pack to PowerDVD?

This person is gone now, but I hope to continue to help via telephone, and she has a friend who's computer savvy and willing to help. I've set her up with Pac Man (though her son is bothered by the scratching sound of the pac man) and some flash videos that don't require sound, so we have a short-term patch.

Tamera

Biosignal Research Tools