RemedySpot.com

HEG vs EEG FEEDBACK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Pete ...and others:

I have a question or two about how the threshold settings for EEG measurements differ from the threshold settings for PIR-HEG measurements. AS I understand it the EEG signal is a "voltage" (or microvoltage) --a mixture of AC “waves” with different shapes, phases, and with frequencies between 2-40Hz. But the PIRHEG signal is an INFRARED SIGNAL --not a voltage signal-- with IR frequencies gigantically larger than EEG signals-- on the order of 100,000 GIGA Hz! This is about a million million times higher frequency than the EEG frequency.

[it seems that this gigantic frequency difference should result in real differences in the statistics of the calculations relating to Epoch, Duration and especially Average Period, the timing of the feedback etc but I’m not sure.]

I don’t want to get involved in any detailed technical discussions about statistics, Fourier transforms etc, here but I do need to know how PIRHEG differs “operationally” from EEG. In other words what are the recommended values of Epoch, Average Period, Duration etc in the Threshold Object that give meaningful feedback?

When I run a PIRHEG with an Audio Player, the Threshold Object “thermometer” is extremely “sluggish” – hardly moves at all—when I use typical property values for Avg. Period, epoch etc. I’m also not able to fine tune the threshold when in Manual mode – it only registers 0 or 100% regardless of the value of Avg. Period (which I’ve used to adjust thermometer bobbing when I do EEG). But when I change the Epoch value in the HEGPIR design from 30sec to 1 sec, the thermometer behaves fairly familiarly – responding positive or negative (color change) as the Threshold % value is achieved or not.

Is this OK? Am I getting true feedback with HEG? I do notice the “temperature rising” so things seem OK with Epoch set at 1 sec. But I need to be assured that it’s real.

I appreciate any help on this – from all, including HEG experts.

Nick Mammano