RemedySpot.com

Re: Differing values using different versions of TLC assess. xls

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mike,This change was made in early 2007 and was discussed at length on the list around then. I'm not sure I can recall all the elements of the change, but here are some of the major ones I do recall:1. We changed from amplitude ratios to power ratios--especially visible in the theta/beta ratios. Since power ratios are amplitude ratios squared, the effect is to magnify the result. For example a ratio of 2.0 amplitude would be 4.0 power; an amplitude ratio of 0.9 would become 0.81. Larger numbers get much bigger; smaller numbers get smaller. The reason for this change was that most of the research on the ratios (and the QEEG ratio data) is calculated from power, not amplitude.

2. I don't recall if the earlier version you are using separated high and low theta or high and low alpha. In any case, the Pro version does, and it manipulates the numbers to achieve percentages that sync up between the various pages. A small number of people got very upset about the fact that in earlier TLC's the Heads page and some of the hidden pages didn't necessarily show the same percents, so, after explaining it a dozen times over the years, I finally just went ahead and made the change. These are generally relatively small.

Which one should you " believe " ? Well, the TLC is not a normative assessment. It is descriptive. The fact that someone has a high T/B ratio doesn't necessarily mean they are " pathological " or " have " some disorder. It simply means (in the TLC) that their processing style is dominated by creative/intuitive thought over logical/rational. If that has become a problem for them, we'd try training it; if the client were a poet or a therapist or theoretcial physicist, for whom the intuitive and creative are important parts of the brain's performance, I wouldn't mess with it.

Hope this helps. If you have specific questions, go ahead and ask them.Pete

-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Dear Pete;

Recently I used the TLC Assess Pro Consult. xls to calculate the values

of a client's assessment. No optional sites were assessed at that

time. Then I decided to do two optional sites and ran all the results

using the same Pro Consult. xls. However, an error came up and I

couldn't run the results. I used the TLC Assess Pro v.6.xls to run all

the sites (standard and optional sites)and got the results. However,

in comparing the values of the standard sites that were run on the two

different versions of the TLC Assess programs I found the values

differed significantly. Why the difference? Which do I believe?